Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 04-19-2022

(04-19-2022, 03:13 PM)stockguru Wrote: NFLX down $75 after hours. That story is done lol

I think I will stay out of tech for a while longer Wink

So taking away stimulus checks while people are struggling with energy and food inflation and rising interest rates aren't a recipe for sales growth in consumer discretionary/tech stocks?

Who woulda thunk it?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-19-2022

Rough ride from $700. Probably bottom out a fair value I am not sure I remember. Valuation was nuts forever. Streaming is going to be a race to the bottom eventually. Maybe they can package them all together and charge $129 a month. Oh wait lol.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 04-20-2022

Picked up two whole shares of BBY at $94.84. Had $209.34 sitting in my Roth, either from a partial share sale, dividends of something sold after ex-date or both. Since I drip in that account there's no point waiting for it to build. Was hoping MU would drop to $69.60 so I could get 3 of it but finally gave up.

The moral of this story? MU will likely drop by 5% tomorrow. Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 04-20-2022

NFLX crashed and FB is next

It wouldn't surprise me if stocks like DG, HRL, MO outperform tech over the next 2 years

I'm sticking with the boring names and have no interest buying the once high flyers.

Today I added a few small cap bank names. Boring yes lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 10:45 AM)MrFortune Wrote: NFLX crashed and FB is next

It wouldn't surprise me if stocks like DG, HRL, MO outperform tech over the next 2 years

I'm sticking with the boring names and have no interest buying the once high flyers.

I would bet your right.

I don't want to be in FB. It's a slowing business and adds are slowing as well. Also you have to factor in Russia and China. No one uses FB any more. All my kids are done with it and there teenagers lol. I can see it going back to $125. Just like you I'm sticking with the slow and steady dividend movers. 

Sold the rest of TXRH at $86. Will re-enter cheaper

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 04-20-2022

GOOGL is about the only big tech I'd be interested in right now.

Advertising and YouTube should continue doing well, and the stock is reasonably priced compared to the others.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 11:15 AM)EricL Wrote: GOOGL is about the only big tech I'd be interested in right now.

Advertising and YouTube should continue doing well, and the stock is reasonably priced compared to the others.

I would add MSFT to that but i agree out of all the techs GOOGL would be the one i trust the most.

Opened a position in MAIN and added to TROW today.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-20-2022

(04-20-2022, 10:45 AM)MrFortune Wrote: NFLX crashed and FB is next

I wouldn't be surprised from prices six months ago.  From here probably not.  Fully valued low growth div stocks will do what they do, not get destroyed with any luck.  Your two year crystal ball is much more confident that mine for sure.

Generally speaking, forum bears here are back to buying growthy stuff within 90 days

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 04-21-2022

Most of my moves from the sale of PGR have been done now.
Proceeds went into:
50% MSFT
20% TXN
30% remaining, most likely 50% into a China ETF and 50% into JNJ/PEP or similar super safe dividend stock.

I'm still not a fan of big tech and I still think most of it is too expensive, but I have wanted to own Microsoft for ages. I think this is a pretty ok time to start building up this position.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 04-21-2022

Tempting to free up some cash in my IRA to do a Netflix trade once it looks like it's bottomed. Or FB. But I probably won't.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 04-21-2022

(04-20-2022, 12:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Generally speaking, forum bears here are back to buying growthy stuff within 90 days

I was thinking the same thing  Big Grin

What I'll be concentrating on for the next year, year and a half, in dividend reinvestment:
HPQ
CVS
ABBV
SCHD
BX

I'll probably grow these others a tad more too:
STX
ORCL
ARCC
VALE
RIO

Once I'm up to about $9k annually in dividends I will turn my attention back to low or non div payers like ISRG, GOOG, and ADBE.  I just want to build up the engine more first.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-21-2022

(04-21-2022, 06:48 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 12:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Generally speaking, forum bears here are back to buying growthy stuff within 90 days

I was thinking the same thing  Big Grin

What I'll be concentrating on for the next year, year and a half, in dividend reinvestment:
HPQ
CVS
ABBV
SCHD
BX

I'll probably grow these others a tad more too:
STX
ORCL
ARCC
VALE
RIO

Once I'm up to about $9k annually in dividends I will turn my attention back to low or non div payers like ISRG, GOOG, and ADBE.  I just want to build up the engine more first.
I should have said they are usually back in 90 HRS lol.

I am finally getting back into my higher income stuff I sold off higher.  Started with JSP.  It has dipped about 15% since I sold it and only missed about 1% in dividends.  JSP is the Nuveen fund with boring preferred stocks.  It is yielding over 7.25% again, which is pretty good for a fund that uses little or no leverage. Started selling ARCC puts but no shares yet.  I could use a couple rate hikes to scare something down.       

My option income has been too good to be true since I retired and can keep an eye on it.  The market volatility has made it easy.  I need to get some more long shares bought like normal people though lol.  At some point the market will run up for a few months, even if it doesn't last.