Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 04-11-2022

Added MSFT and WHR

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 04-11-2022

Added to U.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 04-11-2022

2 more weeks left of treatment and then we will see how things go. I'm doing ok. Just fatigue and no sleep setting in is all

Anyway just wanted to update you all on my investments.

I got completely out of if most tech, retail and other sectors that will suffer during inflation. I set up my portfolio so it will hold up over the next several years during difficult times.

Sticking with my drugs, utes, industrials, food, banks, small oil, monthly dividends, beverage and commodities and 40% cash.

Today took new positions in AES and WHR

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 10:15 AM)divmenow Wrote: 2 more weeks left of treatment and then we will see how things go. I'm doing ok. Just fatigue and no sleep setting in is all

Anyway just wanted to update you all on my investments.

I got completely out of if most tech, retail and other sectors that will suffer during inflation. I set up my portfolio so it will hold up over the next several years during difficult times.

Sticking with my drugs, utes, industrials, food, banks, small oil, monthly dividends, beverage and commodities and 40% cash.

Today took new positions in AES and WHR

Hey glad to see you on here and here and that your doing well. Keep going string :Smile

I did the same thing but just not as as extreme as you lol. I still have some tech that I wish I didn't lol

But MO jut hit a new high as did KR and TSN, PEP and HRK are close.

I still think the market will get hit hard over the next several months 

Just look at the chip sector. That was an easy short when everyone said buy  Big Grin SOXL new low. I was just off 2 months calling for $26  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 04-11-2022

I actually just got back in on SOXL at $26.60. Just an initial position. I will sell at $48 and then rinse and repeat lol

Also added MMM, PM and MSFT

Glad your doing better divmenow. Hang in there. Were all praying for you Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 04-11-2022

(04-11-2022, 10:37 AM)MrFortune Wrote: I actually just got back in on SOXL at $26.60. Just an initial position. I will sell at $48 and then rinse and repeat lol

Also added MMM, PM and MSFT

Glad your doing better divmenow. Hang in there. Were all praying for you Smile
Good to hear from yoo Divmenow.  We are tying to hold this together in your absence.  

Mr Fortune. I have been sing trading SOXL on the side.  Buying the hard dips and selling the few rips.  I will wait a few months before I get bold enough to brag. She is volatile for sure. I would never play with hundreds of shares unless the market was absolutely crushed and we are nowhere near there today.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 04-13-2022

I didn't buy it at all, but I am enjoying watching my newly spun-off WBD shares today!

Hey Divmenow!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 04-13-2022

I added ABBV

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 04-13-2022

Added some TRV, ABBV, UNP, SOXL, and PNC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 04-13-2022

I sold ADM at $96. Added a little T at $19.20. Had LOs for BBY and WHR that didn't fill.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 04-14-2022

(04-13-2022, 12:33 PM)Kerim Wrote: I didn't buy it at all, but I am enjoying watching my newly spun-off WBD shares today!

Hey Divmenow!

Yes glad to see you back Divmenow.

Speaking of WBD, E*Trade reports my cost basis for it as $0.  Is that right???

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 04-14-2022

"Speaking of WBD, E*Trade reports my cost basis for it as $0.  Is that right???"

Taxable or tax-advantaged account?

On a technical basis, the answer is no, it's wrong. Maybe there'd be some funny way of acquiring T shares that would result in a 0 CB but I'm not aware of one. But brokerages often treat distributions in a tax-advantaged account as having a 0 CB even though this isn't really the case - but may as well be for tax purposes.