Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 03-21-2022

Took a sizeable position in VZ this morning

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-21-2022

Slow day. Need more red soon. Loaded up on oil put sells on the dip which has been working every week for a long while now. Looking to add some retail if they pull back another day or two.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-21-2022

(03-21-2022, 02:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Slow day.  Need more red soon.  Loaded up on oil put sells on the dip which has been working every week for a long while now.   Looking to add some retail if they pull back another day or two.

Load up on banks, insurers and brokers in this weakness. 

Retail I will add to DKS only 

Oil I’m staying out of. You missed the boat if your buying now your asking for trouble. I own DVN, EOG, CVX, VLO, XOM, and OXY. But I’m not adding here. In fact I will be trimming. Everyone is pounding the table and that’s usually a top. Don’t get my wrong they are undervalued here. But oil will most likely go back to $80-85 a barrel. And oil will trade off of that. There is no way it goes to to $140 like predicted. They won’t allow it. If that’s the case we’re all in trouble lol 

Retail will slow due the economy slowing, higher interest and higher pump prices. I think they go lower.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-21-2022

(03-21-2022, 04:18 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-21-2022, 02:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Slow day.  Need more red soon.  Loaded up on oil put sells on the dip which has been working every week for a long while now.   Looking to add some retail if they pull back another day or two.

Load up on banks, insurers and brokers in this weakness. 

Retail I will add to DKS only 

Oil I’m staying out of. You missed the boat if your buying now your asking for trouble. I own DVN, EOG, CVX, VLO, XOM, and OXY. But I’m not adding here. In fact I will be trimming. Everyone is pounding the table and that’s usually a top. Don’t get my wrong they are undervalued here. But oil will most likely go back to $80-85 a barrel. And oil will trade off of that. There is no way it goes to to $140 like predicted. They won’t allow it. If that’s the case we’re all in trouble lol 

Retail will slow due the economy slowing, higher interest and higher pump prices. I think they go lower.
I appreciate the advice.  Not sassing you lol but I am adding to what I don't already own.  I own no retail other than the portion of of VSTO engaging in that.  And when I say "add" that usually means selling puts at my desired price so it works out or I just collect cash.  My port is mostly sideways for four months but setting person records for cash.  It's too easy with weekly volatility.  This will end but a lot of $2K income weeks this year and very hard to find a place to go long with the cash.

OK now I will sass you.  You need to do more homework if you think oil stays at $85 for long, and definitely not this summer.  I have been keeping 6-8 oil puts open for months now and all of them have expired worthless.  None of them are past a month to expiration though they probably could be.  Whether oil goes to $140-200 or whatever I don't know.  Oil companies are printing money at $100 oil so it's all good.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 03-22-2022

I'm not seeing any buys right now in the market.

But a few puts today is all.

HRL and WSM on watch list

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-22-2022

Sold a few more puts in XLE and EOG today. Every expires in 1-3weeks. Probably my max position in oil now. Sold another DKS put today and an ABNB yesterday.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 03-22-2022

Added SHW

Not finding many buys as well.

I sold SQ, BABA and PYPL after getting in near the lows. I took profits and will fight another day lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-22-2022

(03-22-2022, 01:19 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Added SHW

Not finding many buys as well.

I sold SQ, BABA and PYPL after getting in near the lows. I took profits and will fight another day lol
That's a good move IMO.  We may take some more punches from the market.  Nothing wrong with locking in a fast profit when it happens.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 03-22-2022

Added to MMM yesterday.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-22-2022

Don’t own yet, but SWK looks like a good entry at a 52 week low.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - saimash - 03-23-2022

(03-22-2022, 07:31 PM)stockguru Wrote: Don’t own yet, but SWK looks like a good entry at a 52 week low.

Thanks for pointing this out stockguru... I took a small bite of SWK 10 shares @ $142

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 03-23-2022

Trimmed V. added to WHR and SBUX.