Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 03-04-2022

True to form, about 2:30 my cell phone started beeping with LOs filling. AMAT, AMD, LOW, TROW.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 03-04-2022

(03-03-2022, 10:43 AM)EricL Wrote: All in on energy/commodities in my trading account now.

Sold NVDA, GOOGL, FB and bought some more oil/gas, coal, and copper.

Holdings in my trading account are roughly 5% of my investments and now include:

ARCH, ATHOF, BTU, CHK, CPG, CRSXF, CVE, EGY, ENPH, HP, ICD, OBE, OXY, SCCO, SEDG, VET

Right or wrong, I think most of these names are still priced off $75 oil and I just don't see prices returning there anytime soon based on the current supply/demand situation.

My current plan is to let these run and use dividends they generate to invest back into tech and other ideas over time.

Up 6.21% overall in this portfolio today!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 03-04-2022

AMGN and SCHD.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-04-2022

Eric, I think you are going to win March with about all of them. The market doesn't know what else to run with for now. The inflation risk scares me for a lot of my holdings. This is going be an eventful year

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 03-05-2022

(03-04-2022, 11:27 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Eric, I think you are going to win March with about all of them.  The market doesn't know what else to run with for now.  The inflation risk scares me for a lot of my holdings.  This is going be an eventful year

Had a great day in my DGI portfolio as well with D and SRE hitting 52-week highs and a nice day from UNP.

Railroads should do quite well if they can keep up with demand for energy, ag, and industrial shipping.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-05-2022

(03-05-2022, 12:00 AM)EricL Wrote:
(03-04-2022, 11:27 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Eric, I think you are going to win March with about all of them.  The market doesn't know what else to run with for now.  The inflation risk scares me for a lot of my holdings.  This is going be an eventful year

Had a great day in my DGI portfolio as well with D and SRE hitting 52-week highs and a nice day from UNP.

Railroads should do quite well if they can keep up with demand for energy, ag, and industrial shipping.
One of the airlines said they may issue shares to pay for jet fuel.  Guess they forgot to hedge.  I just don't want oil and materials to end this economy.  That's a real risk if some sanity doesn't return.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 03-07-2022

In my trading account, I sold ENPH and SEDG, opened a position in MEGEF, and added to CRSXF and ICD.

Patiently waiting for my dividends to build up in my DGI account so I can do some shopping. Getting to be some good prices on names that have pulled back!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 03-07-2022

Added more AMAT and TXRH, closing out my initial IRA buys. No idea what the flock was going on with Texas Roadhouse. I looked for some catalyst - huge volume spike and price drop. Probably find out they canceled the dividend or are closing half their restaurants or something. But it's bought. There was a downgrade from outperform to neutral. That should not drop the price over 10% - and the day before ex-div, no less.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-07-2022

Nibbled some GOOGL and TXRH. I already have a full position in TXRH because I added Friday. My gut tells me to grab some more and I likely will. I could sell a covered call or too on the very short-term bounce I believe is highly likely to come. Nothing wrong with their financials. Traders definitely flock to it so that is my only explanation. About the best financials in the sector. There will be some sort of a spring re-opening go outside and play leisure trade. OK I will stop hyping it now. Smile

Sold my new round of weekly puts for income but nobody cares about that so I won't bore you. Except for ENPH. It spikes every week and the way out of the money covered calls are a few hundred bucks of easy income.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kevinta15 - 03-07-2022

Anyone buying CMI or UL at these levels?
I’m still up 16% on UL but things are not looking good. Considering selling.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 12:10 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Added more AMAT and TXRH, closing out my initial IRA buys. No idea what the flock was going on with Texas Roadhouse. I looked for some catalyst - huge volume spike and price drop. Probably find out they canceled the dividend or are closing half their restaurants or something. But it's bought. There was a downgrade from outperform to neutral. That should not drop the price over 10% - and the day before ex-div, no less.

Guessing TXRH is getting nailed because its labor and input costs are going crazy, and high gas prices are likely to cut down on discretionary spending by consumers.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 12:43 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 12:10 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Added more AMAT and TXRH, closing out my initial IRA buys. No idea what the flock was going on with Texas Roadhouse. I looked for some catalyst - huge volume spike and price drop. Probably find out they canceled the dividend or are closing half their restaurants or something. But it's bought. There was a downgrade from outperform to neutral. That should not drop the price over 10% - and the day before ex-div, no less.

Guessing TXRH is getting nailed because its labor and input costs are going crazy, and high gas prices are likely to cut down on discretionary spending by consumers.

Or the stock is just controlled by traders.  You have to make an appointment to eat at my local or you will wait 30 minutes for a seat on a Tuesday.