Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 03-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 11:38 AM)fenders53 Wrote: It seems a little FOMO but glad you are transparent. Most of the bad calls here are not mentioned again. I am short term bullish on many of your new picks.

It may seem FOMO, but I don't think it is anywhere near that. We are early innings on a multi-year energy and food crisis on a scale not seen since the 70's.

These stocks are still being priced at $60-$70 crude and $40 coal. I am of the belief that crude takes out the old $147 high by this summer and coal is currently trading $300+.

This war in Ukraine is not ending any time soon and will get much worse. Putin is either taking Ukraine back or going down in flames trying to do so.

Russia is 10% of world crude production and is the major energy producer for Europe and Asia.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-03-2022

Ok Eric I'm in on EGY, CVE and CPG. They only 3 I liked in that bunch lol. Cheap PE, Dividend and nice growth going forward.

I bought calls as well as they were cheap. Let see if it happens. This is like betting on the trifecta Wink

I like TALO, MRO and KOS which you don't own

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 03-03-2022

Ended up making another buy of MSFT. Over my target price but for a TR account I don't think it'll hurt me.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 01:00 PM)EricL Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 11:38 AM)fenders53 Wrote: It seems a little FOMO but glad you are transparent.  Most of the bad calls here are not mentioned again.  I am short term bullish on many of your new picks.

It may seem FOMO, but I don't think it is anywhere near that. We are early innings on a multi-year energy and food crisis on a scale not seen since the 70's.

These stocks are still being priced at $60-$70 crude and $40 coal. I am of the belief that crude takes out the old $147 high by this summer and coal is currently trading $300+.

This war in Ukraine is not ending any time soon and will get much worse. Putin is either taking Ukraine back or going down in flames trying to do so.

Russia is 10% of world crude production and is the major energy producer for Europe and Asia.
I'll deal with you on the oil thread.  Smile

I still have oil exposure.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 04:59 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Ended up making another buy of MSFT. Over my target price but for a TR account I don't think it'll hurt me.
I've been a little stubborn buying back into MSFT.  I keep telling myself I still have some time.  We'll see 

Selling options has been mostly EZ money so I will have some extra cash to deploy soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 03-04-2022

Added to UL on the 52-wk low

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-04-2022

Sold a MSFT and a PEP put. Finished my TXRH position.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 03-04-2022

Today's buys: LRCX, MSFT, SHW, WSM. Have some other limit orders set. If they all hit I'll have finished buying for the IRA. Not sure if they will but going into a weekend with a war on has the feel of a big late-day drop.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 03-04-2022

Added on V, BTI. Initiated a position on WSM.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 10:53 AM)cemanuel Wrote: Today's buys: LRCX, MSFT, SHW, WSM. Have some other limit orders set. If they all hit I'll have finished buying for the IRA. Not sure if they will but going into a weekend with a war on has the feel of a big late-day drop.
I concur.  I believe the majority of us here are truly trying to invest, but when the purchases are more than a couple shares it's hard to ignore a 2%+ dip you know is almost certainly coming, whether today or sometime soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 03-04-2022

Added COF, MED, MSFT, HII and UL

UL may go down further from the lawsuits.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kevinta15 - 03-04-2022

Added to JPM, VFC, TROW, MMM.