Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 03-01-2022

Damn MA, AXP and COF down big. Down because of restricted transactions in Russia

I added some COF. The others I will wait

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 03-01-2022

Added MED, PSX, VLO, AMT, HII and MA

Trimmed LMT and LHX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 03:41 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Damn MA, AXP and COF down big. Down because of restricted transactions in Russia

I added some COF. The others I will wait
Banks too. Remember when we were supposed to load up on them last month?  

I am pretty sure I haven't bought a long share for a full two weeks now.  I did have a few options execute during my CELL phone debacle.  Option sells have went well overall, but everyone take a note.  If I ever mention an AMD buy or sell...... immediately do the exact opposite for a quick 10% win.  At least three times in a row and it goes bad literally within a few hours.   Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 03-01-2022

Two more hit LOs late in the day. TROW and KLAC.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 03-02-2022

Added to some of my big dividend payers that are near lows

MMM, CMI, SMG, HON, CAT and MRK

Trimmed more oil in the pre-market

Looking for value now

Nice to see LMT and NOC down after trimming those lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 10:14 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Added to some of my big dividend payers that are near lows

Looking for value now

It's odd the market doesn't realize defense stocks make 90% of their money on contracts signed years ago that pay out for 3-20 years.  They went meme stock mode as if Ukraine is going to improve their numbers this year. They always spike on trouble anyway.  

Now oil I have no clue.  They can make more money next week on a price spike.  Probably not near a top but the market has been straight up so I don't blame you for trimming.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 03-02-2022

Added some WEC, SCHD, RSG and CAT

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 10:53 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 10:14 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Added to some of my big dividend payers that are near lows

Looking for value now

It's odd the market doesn't realize defense stocks make 90% of their money on contracts signed years ago that pay out for 3-20 years.  They went meme stock mode as if Ukraine is going to improve their numbers this year. They always spike on trouble anyway.  

Now oil I have no clue.  They can make more money next week on a price spike.  Probably not near a top but the market has been straight up so I don't blame you for trimming.

I do think the majority of the price increase in defense stocks is warranted. It may even be underestimated. 
3 months ago everyone was still in the mode where defense spending was a waste of tax payer money.
Now I'd say that pretty much every western country has at the very least hinted at significant boosts to their defense budgets. Germany threw in a nice little +100% to previous year. (they have been severely underfunding for over a decade now) Several others have already announced that they will be increasing their defense budgets. 

This is a very, very bullish situation long-term. Even if this war ends tomorrow, it has been enough to convince politicians that defense spending is necessary. Most EU countries have been very skeptical of spending money on defense in the past decade or two. I don't need a crystal ball to declare that this trend ended one week ago.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 03-02-2022

Yeah, wishing I'd held onto LHX now.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 12:21 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Yeah, wishing I'd held onto LHX now.
I actually think they are fairly valued now.  We'll have to see how long memories last if this mostly calms down soon.  I am not saying it will or won't.

Added some RTX as well. Think this one hits $120

Who's buying SMG? Anyone?