Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 03-01-2022

Congrats to all those who added TGT under $200 last week. They blew away estimates.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 03-01-2022

I was only half joking. To my knowledge all the paint manufacturers are still struggling to keep all of their product lines stocked. SHW-MMM-PPG etc. Shortages of chemicals and minerals. If you need to paint your kitchen you will figure it but, but they are incapable of providing some of the specialty products right now. Some of the chemistry is quite complex.

On a side note you might find interesting, about 15 years ago I had intended to paint a car a particular shade of red that was popular at the time. By the time you added the activators and thinners it was going to cost about $2K for materials way back then. That seemed outrageous and I had the chance to converse with a SHW sales Rep. He said the high end red pigment was available in one place on earth. One mine in South America sourced it. Very expensive rock dust and then SHW marks it up 1000%. There must be enthusiasts that will pay the money or they wouldn't do it. I chose a different color because I am cheap. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 07:43 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Congrats to all those who added TGT under $200 last week. They blew away estimates.

Up $22 you have to love that. That will make up for some of my losses. 

WMT, TGT all good so far. Retail will survive. Looks like they were all great buying opportunities.

Maybe BBY and DKS will join that list as well.

(03-01-2022, 08:57 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 07:43 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Congrats to all those who added TGT under $200 last week. They blew away estimates.

Up $22 you have to love that. That will make up for some of my losses. 

WMT, TGT all good so far. Retail will survive. Looks like they were all great buying opportunities.

Maybe BBY and DKS will join that list as well.
I'll be cashing my TGT options out at the open. Hopefully DKS will be next.

How much further can oil run here. Thinking off taking some money off the table here Wink

Trimmed XOM and put it in to HII

IP new 52 week low today.

Banks getting hammered.

Fenders did you get filled on SCHW?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 03-01-2022

Picked up some more TROW.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 03-01-2022

Bought some CMI under $197

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 03-01-2022

So far today, AMD, AOS, CM, MSFT, SHW. MSFT is above my target price of $275 but having just one buy of it in the IRA has been increasingly bothering me. Gave in today. Now I feel better. Gonna set some LOs, check back later this afternoon in case the market moves.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 03-01-2022

(02-28-2022, 11:05 AM)poneyboy Wrote: Trimmed NOC and put it into HON

Still own 18 NOC

I sold big chunk of NOC as well. Trimmed msft

(03-01-2022, 10:01 AM)stockguru Wrote: Trimmed XOM and put it in to HII

IP new 52 week low today.

Banks getting hammered.

Fenders did you get filled on SCHW?
No I closed those very profitably 2 or 3 times.  I won't lie I am nervous, but the volatility has made it easy to close out some wins almost every day for a month+.  The portion I allocate to option sells has turned me into an income grabbing day trader.  It's working for now.   My TROW put sell is in the red though.  I should have bought a put instead Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 03-01-2022

I did some stuff today.

Closed $MDLZ for a 10% gain due to Russia exposure.
Closed $CSCO for a 40% gain due to poor dividend growth.

Added 7 $APD at $230.2
Added 10 $PFG at $67.54
Added 20 $MS at $86.96