Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-24-2022

Same, I was hopeful last CPI might show some sign of a top but it was inconclusive at best. That is what kept me from buying much for weeks. War always causes an initial dip, but I don't have a clue if the market will care much about it in a month. This could be a five year project for Russia. They just wrecked their own stock market. They'll be dumping oil and gas to anybody willing to buy it from them. Many things to play out soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-24-2022

AVERAGE LENGTH OF BEAR MARKET IS 290 days. Google

I may sell a few funds today to free up some cash and add GOOG and MSFT

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-24-2022

Added BAC, WFC, GOOG, HD, RSG, and D

Trimmed LMT, NEM and BMY

(02-24-2022, 09:26 AM)stockguru Wrote: AVERAGE LENGTH OF BEAR MARKET IS 290 days. Google

I may sell a few funds today to free up some cash and add GOOG and MSFT
I still have cash, but this is exactly what I do when funds get low if I can find some quality on sale. We don't have a guess when, but they will be back.  I have lots of value stocks, but they won't be leading us out of a bear when it happens.

(02-24-2022, 09:49 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Added BAC, WFC, GOOG, HD, RSG, and D

Trimmed LMT, NEM and BMY
Did your puts work out for you from late JAN?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 10:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Trimmed LMT, NEM and BMY

So far so good and rolled them over to April

I even started buying Married Puts to protect my buys. It's a great way to protect yourself on the downside. Anyone ever buy these? My friend told me about them recently. This way if I stock I'm bullish on for the long term and it goes down I make money waiting.

(02-24-2022, 10:42 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 10:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Trimmed LMT, NEM and BMY

So far so good and rolled them over to April

I even started buying Married Puts to protect my buys. It's a great way to protect yourself on the downside. Anyone ever buy these? My friend told me about them recently. This way if I stock I'm bullish on for the long term and it goes down I make money waiting.
I haven't tried that.  It's extremely rare that I buy an option at all.  Every time I tried to short the market with puts I was either just wrong on next months market direction, or the market calmed down and theta decay made it not worth doing.  Exactly why you see me selling puts constantly.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-24-2022

(02-24-2022, 08:13 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Same, I was hopeful last CPI might show some sign of a top but it was inconclusive at best.  That is what kept me from buying much for weeks.  War always causes an initial dip, but I don't have a clue if the market will care much about it in a month.  This could be a five year project for Russia.  They just wrecked their own stock market.  They'll be dumping oil and gas to anybody willing to buy it from them.  Many things to play out soon.

Well they started it in 2014, so it has already been a 6 year project and I don't think we are even close to the endgame yet. 

Time for my weekly buys. Tiny adds to CM.to and NSC.

(02-24-2022, 10:56 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 08:13 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Same, I was hopeful last CPI might show some sign of a top but it was inconclusive at best.  That is what kept me from buying much for weeks.  War always causes an initial dip, but I don't have a clue if the market will care much about it in a month.  This could be a five year project for Russia.  They just wrecked their own stock market.  They'll be dumping oil and gas to anybody willing to buy it from them.  Many things to play out soon.

Well they started it in 2014, so it has already been a 6 year project and I don't think we are even close to the endgame yet. 

Time for my weekly buys. Tiny adds to CM.to and NSC.
I was talking about season II but I get what you are saying.  And it's a serious situation. Especially if you live in a neighboring country.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 02-24-2022

Added to CFR, CZNC, and SJM.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 02-24-2022

Bought a bunch of Russian banks and Russian ETF's like RSX, SBRCY, ERUS

See this panic happen before. Happy to buy at the levels they were at Wink

Also added BAC, TTD, MO, HD, CFR, NVDA, AEP, DUK and MSFT

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kevinta15 - 02-24-2022

Slowly adding to existing positions. Bought TROW, CLX, VFC and AMGN this morning.