Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-18-2022

Time for an impeachment lol Wink

And Fenders relax over there it’s a joke Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-18-2022

(02-18-2022, 04:26 PM)stockguru Wrote: Time for an impeachment lol Wink

And Fenders relax over there it’s a joke Wink
My VSTO option winning streak was in danger.  Had strike 35 puts that expired today.  Would have been an easy roll forward but I didn't want to take the L.

(02-18-2022, 03:07 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: If you've got cash, dollar cost average in every week/month as you can.  You can never time the market, but if you gradually put your money in, you will at some point buy near the bottom.
Yeah you'll fail often trying to time, but there are times when you have a good idea when a sector is likely to be weak or strong for awhile.   I like to buy on red days.  At least  I know I got a better deal than yesterday. Smile

FYI for those into covered call ETFs. NUSI has failed already. Even down slightly more than QQQ last three months. The protective collar is worthless unless there is a sudden crash. JEPI looks much better for a bearish period like we are experiencing.

Selling calls vs my indexes myself has worked well, but you can't just buy a couple shares like an ETF.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-20-2022

(02-18-2022, 03:16 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 03:07 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: If you've got cash, dollar cost average in every week/month as you can.  You can never time the market, but if you gradually put your money in, you will at some point buy near the bottom.

And if you don’t have cash like most? I haven’t seen you buy anything  
of late Wink

I will start contributing to my ROTH IRA next month, then more in April.  Plus, I will likely be able to start fully reinvesting my dividends in April, and if not then, August for sure.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-20-2022

(02-20-2022, 09:40 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 03:16 PM)stockguru Wrote:

And if you don’t have cash like most? I haven’t seen you buy anything  
of late Wink

I will start contributing to my ROTH IRA next month, then more in April.  Plus, I will likely be able to start fully reinvesting my dividends in April, and if not then, August for sure.
AUG is too long. We'll all be rich by then and you will miss out.  Make it happen earlier.  Big Grin 

If I ever find myself 100% in equities, (which would be incredibly foolish at my age). I am going to sell 10% of my port so I can hang out here and buy stuff, and argue with forum members.  I hope that is OK lol.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-20-2022

Well, I'm currently tucking away $600/month to my Vacation fund, which I could divert to the stock market, but I'd rather not Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-20-2022

Enjoy your life. I suspect there will be some good values around until the market believes we are getting close to done with rate hikes. Probably fall at the earliest if they decide to cut it short. Runs and dips while we wait.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 02-21-2022

it's going to be choppy but this too shall pass

remember

this is when we make the real money

the only problem is you might not realize it until it's 3 to 5 years down the road and in some cases you might not realize it for 10 years--and we all have expiration dates that's a big problem

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 02-21-2022

don't worry if we all keep doing what we're doing we'll all be wealthy beyond our dreams when we're old and don't care anymore lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-21-2022

(02-20-2022, 09:32 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Enjoy your life.  I suspect there will be some good values around until the market believes we are getting close to done with rate hikes.  Probably fall at the earliest  if they decide to cut it short.  Runs and dips while we wait.

I agree; 2022 probably sucks until Aug/Sep.  May-July are probably the best times to buy.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 02-21-2022

Definitely going to be an interesting market tomorrow after Putin's speech today. This was about worst-case as far as actions he could take, as he basically said he's taking the eastern part of Ukraine...what are you going to do about it?

Have to think oil spikes further from here and we see even more of a "risk-off" in stocks.