Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 02-17-2022

Off Topic: I have yet to find an article that tries to theorize how the Ukrainian military will do against the Russian onslaught.  Are we talking a 3 day war?  A month?  Three months?  Can they actually hold them off?

Personally, I think if Russia goes in it will be into the disputed areas only, the Donbas. They reportedly already have troops there, Ukraine doesn't, much, and the Russian Parliament passed a bill calling on Putin to recognize those areas as independent. Ukraine has no shot there. They can't really "win" if Russia tries to invade the entire country but Russia won't win that one either; it'll be bloody. But if something happens I think Putin will invade the disputed region and make it another Crimea. Bloodless and taking over areas that are heavily populated by ethnic Russians.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russias-parliament-asks-putin-recognise-breakaway-east-ukrainian-regions-2022-02-15/

If Putin signs this then he'll send in troops at the request of the new "government."

All my opinion, absolutely no special knowledge.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-17-2022

Certainly plausible. The only thing I am fairly certain of is if they spill a lot of blood, the cost of financial sanctions from the world will be very high. I'm concerned Putin would probably make it worth the trouble. IMO it's been established you don't really win wars in a reasonable period of time unless you level cities and completely decimate opposing forces. The US and Russia have both had a lesson in that. Let's hope this is a smaller operation as cemanuel suggests.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-17-2022

Endless selling based on fear and a recognition that you cannot own a stock that sells at a multiple to sales. It finally happened. We sure waiting long enough....

stocks are overvalued and the price to sales ratio has become a means for assessing a valuation. Traditionally price to earnings ratio is used to assess value. When companies don’t have positive earnings, price to sales becomes measure.

Alll those high beta names and companies with no earnings will continue to get hit hard. Bear market territory. This is why I have been saying gold, Oil and banks are the places to be. Sell now and buy back cheaper. Buying on dips has not worked in those names like
SQ, PLTR, TWLO, AFRM, TDOC PYPL, ZM ect.

All those that sold MO and PM I bet wish they still owned lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-17-2022

Same thing that happened in 2000 except some of those didn't even have revenue yet. You seriously only needed a website and a good story to IPO. The "FAANGS" of the day had PEs about 2-3X of today's.

Nope, don't miss MO. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 02-17-2022

(02-17-2022, 09:42 PM)stockguru Wrote: All those that sold MO and PM I bet wish they still owned lol

Both are near 52-week highs. 

Happy to have them in my portfolio!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-18-2022

Same 52 week high as every year. Nice 10yr chart.... not. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-18-2022

Time for my regular weekly purchases. Added a little to BIP and TXN.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 02-18-2022

Added that ticker PEGA at $81 since it hit a new low.

Also sold some of my funds i had and use some of the proceeds to buy DUK, CAT, DG and EOG

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-18-2022

Added more Trow.

PayPal touching $100, where are folks who were screaming PayPal is cheap, buy buy at 160-200. May be time to double down.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-18-2022

(02-18-2022, 09:57 AM)Marknew Wrote: Added that ticker PEGA at $81 since it hit a new low.

Also sold some of my funds i had and use some of the proceeds to buy DUK, CAT, DG and EOG

From the Motley Fool article:

Now what
Pegasystems issued an outlook calling for steady growth ahead, although at a slightly lower rate than Wall Street was hoping to see. Revenue will land at about $1.5 billion in 2022, equating to annual contract value gains of between 22% and 24%.
The company is expecting another year of net losses as it completes its transition to a subscription services business model. But management sees a long runway ahead for improving operating margins and cash flow.

Those factors clash with the sharp stock price decline since late 2021. But that slump has more to do with wider concerns about growth stocks, especially those that have enjoyed pandemic-related tailwinds over the past few years. Pegasystems is enduring just a modest slowdown today even as its financial metrics improve. Continued wins there should eventually support an expanding stock price.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-18-2022

(02-18-2022, 10:19 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 09:57 AM)Marknew Wrote: Added that ticker PEGA at $81 since it hit a new low.

From the Motley Fool article:

Now what
Pegasystems issued an outlook calling for steady growth ahead, although at a slightly lower rate than Wall Street was hoping to see. Revenue will land at about $1.5 billion in 2022, equating to annual contract value gains of between 22% and 24%.
The company is expecting another year of net losses as it completes its transition to a subscription services business model. But management sees a long runway ahead for improving operating margins and cash flow.

Those factors clash with the sharp stock price decline since late 2021. But that slump has more to do with wider concerns about growth stocks, especially those that have enjoyed pandemic-related tailwinds over the past few years. Pegasystems is enduring just a modest slowdown today even as its financial metrics improve. Continued wins there should eventually support an expanding stock price.
I cringed for you when your CEO failed to provide next quarter guidance.  Trimming a penny or two and taking his chances on a miss would have gotten a better result. It's not like PEGA doesn't often miss earnings anyway.  They just added to the stress for months to come.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-18-2022

Added pltr.