Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 02-17-2022

Bought TROW and AMGN.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 02-17-2022

(02-17-2022, 10:02 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 09:51 AM)Genester Wrote: MMM now into 140ies on the Morgan Stanley downgrade. Anyone buying here?
NOPE, I agree with MS reasons.

Just for clarity, MS put the target at $150…

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-17-2022

Added some UTES

SO, NEE and XEL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - lucas03 - 02-17-2022

bought MMM@149.52

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-17-2022

(02-17-2022, 10:52 AM)Genester Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 10:02 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 09:51 AM)Genester Wrote: MMM now into 140ies on the Morgan Stanley downgrade. Anyone buying here?
NOPE, I agree with MS reasons.

Just for clarity, MS put the target at $150…
That's their 12 month price target.  Have you done any DD?  Study their litigation risk and you'll understand why the stock is dropping.  I'm not a 3M hater.  I'll be very surprised if it's not in the 130's in March. IMO The 150 price target is quite possible after they bottom and resolve their issues in court. Worst case the dividend is gone for awhile but it shouldn't end that bad.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - lucas03 - 02-17-2022

nope, no DD. I already had it in the portfolio in small position, and as MMM was one of few dividend companies I have in red, MMM with 4% dividend yield sounds too interesting to me.

(02-17-2022, 12:18 PM)lucas03 Wrote: nope, no DD. I already had it in the portfolio in small position, and as MMM was one of few dividend companies I have in red, MMM with 4% dividend yield sounds too interesting to me.
I was responding to Genester.  

I actually do want to own 3M.  I've used so many of their quality products in industry.  The litigation is a mess because that is our judicial system at present.  The awards are ludicrous.  IMO it's OK to nibble now, but foolish to back up the truck.  To put things in perspective, and all this is speculation.

Best case they pay out $2B and some of that has been awarded, worst case about $55B.  I'm pretty sure 3M currently has about $5B cash on hand.  It won't be good if they have to borrow the money to pay litigants.  I don't even have a guess where it ends but it's not good for dividend growth, or maybe even the base dividend.

So this is how crooked Wall St is

All the analysts like Cramer were pumping DASH last night and this morning. Targets were raised to $160-$180 and all the talk was all the restaurants need them or they cant survive.

It was $132 in the pre-market. opened up at $115 and now it's a $100.

I cant make this shit up lol

And no I don't have a position. Just pointing out don't ever trust these analyst

I see MMM was downgraded. Time to buy Wink
As of feb 15th, Morningstar considers it a buy with a fair value of 192.

(02-17-2022, 12:42 PM)Mr1share Wrote: So this is how crooked Wall St is

All the analysts like Cramer were pumping DASH last night and this morning. Targets were raised to $160-$180 and all the talk was all the restaurants need them or they cant survive.  

And no I don't have a position. Just pointing out don't ever trust these analyst

Stand by while they drop price targets much too late.  It's my biggest complaint. Months late to update their foolishness because it makes their previous guess look ridiculous.   There are so many crushed stocks with an old price target that is pretty much a double or more from here.  I guess it could happen when the FED calls off the  tightenlng.   Smile

(02-17-2022, 12:56 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Stand by while they drop price targets much too late.  It's my biggest complaint. Months late to update their foolishness because it makes their previous guess look ridiculous.   There are so many crushed stocks with an old price target that is pretty much a double or more from here.  I guess it could happen when the FED calls off the  tightenlng.   Smile

Hey I have been meaning to ask you. What ever happened to ZOM  Big Grin

I can buy like 10,000 shares now  Tongue

(02-17-2022, 01:01 PM)Mr1share Wrote:

I've never bought a share but I still click on it now and then for entertainment.  I'm not sure their revenues exceeded my HD part-timer check last year lol.  The stock just won't die though because everybody likes puppies and kitties lol. When it gets down to like a dime the hype stories will start and it will jump again.

(02-17-2022, 01:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 01:01 PM)Mr1share Wrote:

I've never bought a share but I still click on it now and then for entertainment.  I'm not sure their revenues exceeded my HD part-timer check last year lol.  The stock just won't die though because everybody likes puppies and kitties lol. When it gets down to like a dime the hype stories will start and it will jump again.

I don't think it gets to a dime. Maybe a quarter  Big Grin