Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ChadR - 02-16-2022

Added to VIAC. Hopefully this isn't a value trap. Thankfully it is still a small position even after this addition.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-16-2022

(02-16-2022, 02:32 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 01:57 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Wish I had more than one share of UPST, that's for sure!

Been there done that lol

You buy 1 share for fun to watch and it runs and you never get to add to it.

I only bought 1 share of ULTA but made $210 on it  Big Grin
I am impressed with your patience.  I would have been cursing my screen and sold it after it ran 50 just to get it off my screen.  Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-16-2022

(02-16-2022, 03:39 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added to VIAC.  Hopefully this isn't a value trap. Thankfully it is still a small position even after this addition.
Cramer said to buy it a couple weeks ago.  You're good.   Rolleyes

Seriously though VIAC growth projections are negative.  They have to fix that and it may require some restructuring.  They have a few growth pieces.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 02-16-2022

not today but i've been periodically adding to

goog/fb/dis/nvda/msft/vz/bam/unp/tdoc/se/lrcx/amat

i did add apple when it dropped in the 160's

and i really like dis and fb

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-16-2022

(02-16-2022, 07:54 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 03:39 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added to VIAC.  Hopefully this isn't a value trap. Thankfully it is still a small position even after this addition.
Cramer said to buy it a couple weeks ago.  You're good.   Rolleyes

Seriously though VIAC growth projections are negative.  They have to fix that and it may require some restructuring.  They have a few growth pieces.

I was thinking the same, viac have negative to flat growth projection, it was really overvalued on that spike recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-16-2022

(02-16-2022, 09:25 PM)rayray Wrote: not today but i've been periodically adding to

I own some of those names as well, why dis?

Also Own FB and looking to add more but I think it’s going to fall down further, I was thinking hard how they will solve the personalization challenge with recent changes and I think the answer is in buying data from other people + personalization based on historical data they might have captured but it gonna take time to figure it out, good probability that it will break $200.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-17-2022

Unfortunately I agree on FB. I'm afraid we are in for a wait and a tough market takes it lower. I don't like doing it but I am very tempted to trim shares and try to add back after a few quarters I think Zuck will stick with his metaverse plan, but we'll see if they slow down on killing earnings after he cuts his and upper management's net worth in half. I didn't realize they would dump so much money on this, and now the threats to their core revenues. They'll likely come out the other side OK, but I am having a problem with the next few years outlook.

This isn't good investing but I didn't see all this coming. I didn't buy anywhere near the top and thought it was all factored in the initial dip prior to earnings. Clearly I was wrong.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rayray - 02-17-2022

(02-16-2022, 11:13 PM)vbin Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 09:25 PM)rayray Wrote: not today but i've been periodically adding to

I own some of those names as well, why dis?

Also Own FB and looking to add more but I think it’s going to fall down further, I was thinking hard how they will solve the personalization challenge with recent changes and I think the answer is in buying data from other people + personalization based on historical data they might have captured but it gonna take time to figure it out, good probability that it will break $200.

most people are going to "learn" to live with covid, and as that happens there's going to be certain companies that will turn around with disney being one of those companies--it's been beat up but it's a well run company--i'm wondering how inflation plays a part? disney, the park, was not cheap before the pandemic. but it's a great company and people "love" the products.

@fenders--yea--FB is one of those companies that i don't want to like--but they'll figure this out too--dollars to donuts i see some acquisitions in it's future. fb got to a point it became too beat up, believe it or not it wasn't that horribly priced before this drop but this drop made it a buy and accumulate imho.

on a side note, i used this market downturn to sell certain positions (smaller ones) and add to higher quality companies--i went from 87 companies to 62--i'll eventually get it down to about 50--30 to 40 would be nice but i don't see that happening, not anytime soon anyways.

the move didn't affect my dividend income too much--i went from about 35k to 28k and change in annual divi's

i'm willing to let positions be in the 5 to 7% range--i have one (company stock) that's pushing 10% that i have to get down some--10% would be my limit

I expect FB will try to make some moves but it will have to be non-monopolist to be approved or any deal will be locked up for years.

Sounds like your port is more manageable now. It will probably get beaten up less if the SPY corrects more seriously.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-17-2022

Where all the PLTR bulls? I remember everyone touting it in here when it was $25+. Who’s adding under $12 here? May be worth a gamble at these levels.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 02-17-2022

MMM now into 140ies on the Morgan Stanley downgrade. Anyone buying here?

(02-17-2022, 09:51 AM)Genester Wrote: MMM now into 140ies on the Morgan Stanley downgrade. Anyone buying here?
NOPE, I agree with MS reasons.