Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-14-2022

Bought a a few Gold stocks - GOLD and NEM

Just as a hedge while this market goes to crap Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 12:52 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Bought a a few Gold stocks - GOLD and NEM

Sold mine.  Last year was probably a better time for that.  NEM is a good miner.

Sold a DKS put.  About my 4th attempt at getting assigned some shares.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 01:14 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Sold mine.  Last year was probably a better time for that.  NEM is a good miner.

Last year we weren't a recession nor where interest rates raised lol. I think Gold will do well this year. Most are off 20-30% from there highs

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 02:04 PM)Mr1share Wrote:

Last year we weren't a recession nor where interest rates raised lol. I think Gold will do well this year. Most are off 20-30% from there highs

I like Gold as well. Just purchased GOLD 

Also added to XOM and EOG

This market is being run by bots. I just saw a big news story on it. The bots are running fake sells to drive down the prices for the big boys to scoop them up cheap. Nothing surprises me these days on the rig jobs lol

I'm afraid they are going to put this economy in the poor house. They needed to get in front of this sooner. They are clueless over there in at the Fed Wink

The investors who are all in, no cash on hand; and plenty of them are these days. All those people are going to be very upset when they start getting their latest statements. They're stuck and may never see those highs on those investments they once had. These analyst are crooks too. Kept putting absorbed price targets only to see them crater, And now those same analysts say sell lol . They all got out long ago and we all look like suckers now Wink

(02-14-2022, 02:13 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 02:04 PM)Mr1share Wrote:

I like Gold as well. Just purchased GOLD 

Also added to XOM and EOG

This market is being run by bots. I just saw a big news story on it. The bots are running fake sells to drive down the prices for the big boys to scoop them up cheap. Nothing surprises me these days on the rig jobs lol

I'm afraid they are going to put this economy in the poor house. They needed to get in front of this sooner. They are clueless over there in at the Fed Wink

The investors who are all in, no cash on hand; and plenty of them are these days. All those people are going to be very upset when they start getting their latest statements. They're stuck and may never see those highs on those investments they once had. These analyst are crooks too. Kept putting absorbed price targets only to see them crater, And now those same analysts say sell lol . They all got out long ago and we all look like suckers now Wink
My port is fine but I understand what you are saying about brokerage recommendations.  And yes it was crazy to be all in.  

Gold is just hard to trade.  Not too hard to find 100 articles stating why it should run to $3000, and most of them make sense to me.  It should have run last year when they were adding liquidity and inflation was sky high.  Not so sure what happens after some rate hikes?  Anyway, nobody is going broke holding gold for awhile.  My hedge was oil but I have milked that cow pretty hard.  I'll keep some EOG short puts open but I am good on shares without a pullback. I am hesitant to average up that far.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 02:13 PM)MrFortune Wrote: The investors who are all in, no cash on hand; and plenty of them are these days. All those people are going to be very upset when they start getting their latest statements. They're stuck and may never see those highs on those investments they once had. These analyst are crooks too. Kept putting absorbed price targets only to see them crater, And now those same analysts say sell lol . They all got out long ago and we all look like suckers now Wink

The dividend growth investors are, I think, going to be happy that their incomes continue to increaase as their companies continue to announce dividend increases and, if the investors are reinvesting their dividends the growth in income will be even faster.  Ignore the noise, increase your income - sounds like a winner to me.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 03:47 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 02:13 PM)MrFortune Wrote: The investors who are all in, no cash on hand; and plenty of them are these days. All those people are going to be very upset when they start getting their latest statements. They're stuck and may never see those highs on those investments they once had. These analyst are crooks too. Kept putting absorbed price targets only to see them crater, And now those same analysts say sell lol . They all got out long ago and we all look like suckers now Wink

The dividend growth investors are, I think, going to be happy that their incomes continue to increaase as their companies continue to announce dividend increases and, if the investors are reinvesting their dividends the growth in income will be even faster.  Ignore the noise, increase your income - sounds like a winner to 
they can increase all they want. But if a stock is down $20-$30 from its highs the dividend increase doesn't mean much  Big Grin
Stock A you buy at $80 in June. Stock A is now at $60 in Feb. It would take 30 years to get back in dividends what you lost in the stock price lol
I'm just saying for those that got in the market in recent months are going to be way down. Long term no worries unless you own all tech  Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 04:12 PM)MrFortune Wrote:

The dividend growth investors are, I think, going to be happy that their incomes continue to increaase as their companies continue to announce dividend increases and, if the investors are reinvesting their dividends the growth in income will be even faster.  Ignore the noise, increase your income - sounds like a winner to 
they can increase all they want. But if a stock is down $20-$30 from its highs the dividend increase doesn't mean much  Big Grin
Stock A you buy at $80 in June. Stock A is now at $60 in Feb. It would take 30 years to get back in dividends what you lost in the stock price lol
I'm just saying for those that got in the market in recent months are going to be way down. Long term no worries unless you own all tech  Big Grin

Well thank god my portfolio is only 2 percent tech  Big Grin

Bio getting hit hard too. OMG MRNA and NVAX worse then tech. Where's Ken? You buying more here or what?  I may buy 1 share haha

Bought some LEG

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 02-14-2022

The income increases may not  mean much to you.  I got no problem with that, but I do not think you speak for all of us dividend growth investors out there.  I have been in the markets for decades and I am not worried about price drops in the shares of high quality companies who have strong dividend safety and increase their dividends on a periódicos (usual annual basis).  In fact, I will use my accumulated dividends to buy cheaper shares.  Win-win.

DGI and index investors can ride out the storm. These are outstanding opportunities if you are still in the accumulation phase. Anyone who is devastated from this normal correction (so far) was holding an inappropriate amount of speculative stocks. Some of those never recover. To succeed you have to learn to endure bear markets, but you don't have to enter them with a port that is sure to be thrashed.

While the market is down the dividend payers will keep on paying, and the quality growth stocks will keep on growing. You may not see it in the share price but that's part of the game. All that said, it was obvious the market was due for a shake up. There was no way I was not going to have some cash. Buying some quality stocks on sale 20% off means I get more shares, and dividends, and that compounds.

I'm not suggesting anyone try to time the market excessively. You'll lose eventually. But this time we knew the market's valuation has only been exceed once in modern history. Add the promise of rising interest rates. For me that meant time to look at my port rationally, and have a little dry powder.

(02-14-2022, 04:16 PM)stockguru Wrote:

Bio getting hit hard too. OMG MRNA and NVAX worse then tech. Where's Ken? You buying more here or what?  I may buy 1 share haha

Bought some LEG
If this correction gets much worse, there is usually nowhere to hide.  The right defensive sector, or commodity might not dip, but most everything gets a haircut if all the indexes pull back a full 20%.  Some of the value stocks are starting to look like they are trying to give it up.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-14-2022

(02-14-2022, 04:16 PM)stockguru Wrote:

Bought some LEG

Still around, but you have to realize that I go long stretches without any extra funds to invest. That will change soon. Yeah, MRNA looks pretty cheap now!