Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-10-2022

Dario, RE 3M that is an impossible question to answer right now. All I know is the VA will award you a few hundred a month if the military degrades your hearing. A judge awarded over $100M each to a couple plaintiffs. Keep this lunacy up and nobody will manufacture protective gear. I am trying not to rant but it's ludicrous.

If they cut these awards by 75% and awarded that to all the plaintiffs MMM is worthless. That's not how it ends.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 06:30 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Didn't buy anything but put sell orders in for all the Mutual Funds in my 403b except about $45k of FSMEX. I would have sold by next Thursday at the latest and with today's CPI report I think the chances of it being higher or lower at the end of next Thursday trading leans strongly toward lower. Buying in the IRA should start on 2/22/22.
Probably wise.  The chances of a strong rally seems remote.  You may have a nice buying window to average into.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 06:56 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 06:30 PM)cemanuel Wrote: Didn't buy anything but put sell orders in for all the Mutual Funds in my 403b except about $45k of FSMEX. I would have sold by next Thursday at the latest and with today's CPI report I think the chances of it being higher or lower at the end of next Thursday trading leans strongly toward lower. Buying in the IRA should start on 2/22/22.
Probably wise.  The chances of a strong rally seems remote.  You may have a nice buying window to average into.

I suspect the market won't really start to pick up until August-ish.  Covid, inflation, the supply chain crisis, and the Ukraine looming war need to play themselves out.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 01:43 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Anyone buying PEP here? I added a few from polled dividends

PEP is something that is almost always in buy territory for me. You can rarely get it for a great price but you can pretty much always get it at a price that will be profitable for you in the long-run. I haven't bought big amounts in ages but I will buy 2-3 shares once in a while if I can't find anything better. 

JNJ and NSC fit into the same definition. There is no hurry to buy them since they are not particularly attractively priced but it's not like you can go wrong with these names.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 02-11-2022

Looks like DUK missed earnings and dropped hard yesterday. If it drops a bit more I might get interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 09:22 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: [quote pid='32368' dateline='1644537403']

I suspect the market won't really start to pick up until August-ish.  Covid, inflation, the supply chain crisis, and the Ukraine looming war need to play themselves out.

[/quote]

Time to move everything back into gold!

Confused

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-12-2022

(02-11-2022, 08:35 AM)Kerim Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 09:22 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: [quote pid='32368' dateline='1644537403']

Time to move everything back into gold!

Confused
[/quote]
I've been burying bitcoin in mason jars in my back yard for  months.  My crazy brother doesn't have much money but he has cornered the market on mini canned hams.  I think we are ready.  Smile

(02-11-2022, 08:21 AM)bankerboy Wrote: Looks like DUK missed earnings and dropped hard yesterday. If it drops a bit more I might get interested.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am trying to be patient with new UTE shares.  I think the ones that don't miss earnings will still drop a minimum of 10% off recent highs when rates actually rise.  Averaging in will be your friend IMO.  My UTE holdings are important to me but I am at 50% currently.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 02-12-2022

It is going to be early March before I start buying it, but I have pretty much decided that our next new position is going to be TROW

Current yield 3.33% Dividend Safety Score of 94 (per SSD)

Most recent dividend increase of 11%, 5 year average DGR of 15% and it is undervalued.

In the meantime, I will fill out our relatively new pósito, STOR, and finish bringing TU up to a full position.

The year for dvidends and dividend increases is looking good.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 02-12-2022

(02-12-2022, 11:12 AM)rnsmth Wrote: It is going to be early March before I start buying it, but I have pretty much decided that our next new position is going to be TROW

Current yield 3.33%  Dividend Safety Score of 94 (per SSD)

Most recent dividend increase of 11%, 5 year average DGR of 15% and it is undervalued.

In the meantime, I will fill out our relatively new pósito, STOR, and finish bringing TU up to a full position.

The year for dvidends and dividend increases is looking good.

I recently started building a new position in TROW as well. Nice yield, no debt, and has an excellent track record of growth.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-12-2022

TROW does look interesting. When I finally get funds again, I will continue building up VALE, BX, and HPQ first.

(02-12-2022, 04:22 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: TROW does look interesting.  When I finally get funds again, I will continue building up VALE, BX, and HPQ first.
You should have a little time.  It seems the only real reason the stock is dropping (other than the market) is AUM has been dropping some. That may continue awhile but it will find a bottom.