Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Hey all. Sorry to say I have some sad news to report.

I will be starting my Chemo treatments for HCC next Monday. Send some prayers my way.

So sorry to hear this.
Best of luck with the treatments. There are obviously more pressing matters than this forum, but I do hope to still see you around whenever you feel like it. Even if it's just to drop by and say hi to us.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Hey all. Sorry to say I have some sad news to report.

I will be starting my Chemo treatments for HCC next Monday. Send some prayers my way.
So sorry to hear this. Best of luck to you!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-10-2022

Feel better my friend and hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care of the yourself and we will hold the fort here.

Ken, I think he was talking stocks not etf's. Either way he owns NUSI Smile

Speaking of NUSI looks like a good add here for income.

Anyone buying PEP here? I added a few from polled dividends

(01-28-2022, 10:42 AM)Genester Wrote: MMM is on my watchlist as well. Waiting for the 150ies to buy - and am Ok if it never gets there.

Aaaaaand into 150ies we go with MMM ... lets see how briefly it stays there :-)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 01:43 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Feel better my friend and hope you have a speedy recovery. Take care of the yourself and we will hold the fort here.

Ken, I think he was talking stocks not etf's. Either way he owns NUSI Smile

Speaking of NUSI looks like a good add here for income.

Anyone buying PEP here? I added a few from polled dividends
I would need it to dip a little lower but any dip is usually a decent time to add a few shares of PEP.  

I sold a couple puts on TROW and AMD.  Seriously about ten minutes before the mean FED man scared the market.  Smile  He is right though.  Raise rates a half point and get it started.  Inflation is not slowing fast enough.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 02-10-2022

I was tempted to add to MMM but I don't like their paltry div increases the past couple years.

@divmenow : Sorry you are going through that. Wishing for strength and a speedy recovery.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-10-2022

@divmenow sorry to hear about it, hope you feel better. Will keep you in prayers.

I'm a different note, Loaded on trow today.

(02-10-2022, 03:48 PM)Dario33 Wrote: I was tempted to add to MMM but I don't like their paltry div increases the past couple years.

@divmenow : Sorry you are going through that. Wishing for strength and a speedy recovery.
The numbers on their ear plug litigation are astronomical.  They have won and lost some cases and it will have to play out.  There would be no dividend if jury awards hold up on appeal.  They can't pay $100M to 30,000 plaintiffs.  Obviously they won't in the end.  I would like some MMM but the risk isn't in the price yet.  I will do some more research.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 02-10-2022

@divmenow : so sorry to hear that. Like others I also value your inputs very much. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I was also evaluating the market and sold ENPH, ABNB and closed my PYPL put with a small gain.

(02-10-2022, 04:58 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: I was also evaluating the market and sold ENPH, ABNB and closed my PYPL put with a small gain.
What?  You don't care for the 30pt price swings in a week or two?     Big Grin  Wow ENPH and ABNB are volatile.  Of course I should have sold my ENPH yesterday at the open but I have to hold something and I think it will go over 200 this year. Probably in a weeks time lol.  Thanks to the dip my cost basis is about $120 so I can sell covered calls way out of the money in the meantime.  It's amazing what these nuts will pay me betting on a hard run in a few days or a week.  (Could be part of a complex strategy on their part of course).  

My ABNB sold put will close tomorrow.  It went from Up $275 to Down $1700 to Up $275 in a few weeks.  Wish I had bought shares but the market was getting destroyed then.  

I like both companies but I am not buying a single share of either stock unless they get crushed.  

Sold a new TGT put to replace the one that will expire tomorrow.

(01-18-2022, 11:05 AM)Mr1share Wrote:
(01-18-2022, 10:59 AM)Dario33 Wrote: UL down big today.  Any buyers?

Yes, just added UL and TROW. Trimmed some XLE 

UL is the kind of stock I want to own in this environment. Reminds me of HRL when I bought at a $40 a few months back

(02-10-2022, 04:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-10-2022, 03:48 PM)Dario33 Wrote: I was tempted to add to MMM but I don't like their paltry div increases the past couple years.

The numbers on their ear plug litigation are astronomical.  They have won and lost some cases and it will have to play out.  There would be no dividend if jury awards hold up on appeal.  They can't pay $100M to 30,000 plaintiffs.  Obviously they won't in the end.  I would like some MMM but the risk isn't in the price yet.  I will do some more research.

@fenders - what is your price target for MMM that would price the risk in?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 02-10-2022

Didn't buy anything but put sell orders in for all the Mutual Funds in my 403b except about $45k of FSMEX. I would have sold by next Thursday at the latest and with today's CPI report I think the chances of it being higher or lower at the end of next Thursday trading leans strongly toward lower. Buying in the IRA should start on 2/22/22.