Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 05:27 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 05:13 PM)Genester Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:39 PM)stockguru Wrote: Took a big position in OHI as well and sold out of HSY

OHI ex dv is on 2/7

Are you sure? Both E-trade and Yahoo are showing OHI ex div as 2/4 (today)...

Yes it’s 2/7. E*trade is wrong. Company issued the news.

I believe you are mixing up the different dates. 7th is the record date, so that would make 4th the ex-div date. So you would have had to buy on the 3rd to receive the dividend.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-05-2022

(02-04-2022, 05:27 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 05:13 PM)Genester Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:39 PM)stockguru Wrote: Took a big position in OHI as well and sold out of HSY

OHI ex dv is on 2/7

Are you sure? Both E-trade and Yahoo are showing OHI ex div as 2/4 (today)...

Yes it’s 2/7. E*trade is wrong. Company issued the news.
OHI website says ex-dix was FEB 4th.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-05-2022

Sold tiny bit more of oxy. Trading at $40+ now.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-05-2022

Sold a TGT put. Still trying for a 200 entry this year.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 02-07-2022

Added BBY. Cheap.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 02-07-2022

(02-04-2022, 12:10 AM)vbin Wrote: Sold out MO today.

Looking at fb and pypl. Hope we see another 20-30% drop in both.

This might happen if they exit Europe. Bloomberg has a nice article today about renewed warnings from Meta given the EU courts say data isn’t safe once it gets to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 12:04 PM)bankerboy Wrote:

This might happen if they exit Europe. Bloomberg has a nice article today about renewed warnings from Meta given the EU courts say data isn’t safe once it gets to the US.

Meta will not be leaving the EU. They aren't going to abandon a huge market like that. It's all just talk and threats, they are probably trying to get the EU to grant them some special privileges based on the fact that they are a big company. There have been a few similar cases with other large corporations, and I cannot remember a single time that the company went through with their threats. 

Regulatory compliance is a cost of doing business. These big companies know this, but of course they try their best to fight against it. It's usually a pretty futile fight.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 02-07-2022

Sorry if I missed a previous discussion, but curious what prompted the MO sale?

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 02-07-2022

(02-07-2022, 12:48 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

Meta will not be leaving the EU. They aren't going to abandon a huge market like that. It's all just talk and threats, they are probably trying to get the EU to grant them some special privileges based on the fact that they are a big company. There have been a few similar cases with other large corporations, and I cannot remember a single time that the company went through with their threats. 

Regulatory compliance is a cost of doing business. These big companies know this, but of course they try their best to fight against it. It's usually a pretty futile fight.

Tend to agree but they took another 5% hit today… ouch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-07-2022

They have no bottom for now. I will add some FB when it stops dropping everyday, but not much. PYPL may need to beat earnings? PE still too high to call it cheap.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-08-2022

(02-07-2022, 01:07 PM)Kerim Wrote:

Sorry if I missed a previous discussion, but curious what prompted the MO sale?
O1. Thei actual earnings are not able to cover the divvy this year( you are right) though they are expected to have enough earnings next year. I haven't looked into why the earnings dropped so much this year and why they will grow back again( Could be due to an one-time event).
2. My cost based on MO is pretty low. This position was started in 2020 and I don't mind selling here and having more cash in case market present with a better opportunity.
3. I wanted to deploy this cash into trow if I can get in ~ $140. Trow better investment compared to MO at this point in my opinion( trow ran up before my transaction's cash could startle and hence haven't been able to add more yet).

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-08-2022

(02-07-2022, 12:48 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:

I agree on the EU. But meta is in downtrend and might go further down + markets are acting up.The user growth is slowing down but that's a narrow way to look at meta. We all know less people spend time on FB but the usage did not matter as much, as long as you had meta products installed, running, being used once in a while, they could track and target, that's changing now. Meta isn't just about serving adds on FB. I don't think that's what scared the markets so much.

Meta is one of the 2 largest ads exchanges on the market. First one is google. Aaple is screwing up meta royally. There's bunch of context behind what's happening but in short Aaple cutting down competition to grow its own ads exchange and meta can't do anything about it. Google can do the same thing to meta and meta won't be able to do anything(Google have upto certain extent but not in the way that those changes will hurt meta as much as apple). It's not about serving ads only on FB. It's about serving ads to every other app, website etc though meta ads exchange. They have been asked these questions before(impact due to apple privacy and cookie settings change), they been avoiding accepting the impact but this earnings their CFO kind of accepted it.

Metaverse is their bet to find the next business value. I am sure in long term they figure it out( lots of really smart people in meta). But in short term this might continue the downtrend.