Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 02-04-2022

(02-03-2022, 04:49 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 04:11 PM)kblake Wrote: AMZN saved the day... Buy buy buy Wink
Weird report.  I am going to hope it mostly holds but that looked like a miss to me at first glance.  I own it.

I agree. Based on what I usually look for - revenues and cash flows - it seems pretty weak. But I haven't owned it long. Maybe AWS is all that matters.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 06:16 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 04:49 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 04:11 PM)kblake Wrote: AMZN saved the day... Buy buy buy Wink
Weird report.  I am going to hope it mostly holds but that looked like a miss to me at first glance.  I own it.

I agree. Based on what I usually look for - revenues and cash flows - it seems pretty weak. But I haven't owned it long. Maybe AWS is all that matters.
AWS is certainly their growth driver.  They just need to keep the retail biz growing as they spend big bucks expanding distribution centers, transportation etc.  The stock has consolidated a few years growing into their valuation.  I have little doubt the stock is higher in a few years but it's not undervalued today IMO.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 02-04-2022

CLX new low

APD down big

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 02-04-2022

Added APD, OHI, F and TGT

(02-04-2022, 10:51 AM)divmenow Wrote: CLX new low

APD down big
Kicking myself for not shorting CLX six months ago.  Pallets of bleach at every kind of retailer collecting dust.  Not like there isn't a use for it eventually but folks hoarded it up long ago.  Maybe a nice buy six months from now when the yield is higher?  I better check out APD's issues.

Sold AMZN.  I'll have to meditate on my re-entry.  Resold the VSTO puts I bought back yesterday.  Until this trick stops working............

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 02-04-2022

Took a new position in MMM

Yield at 3.55%

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-04-2022

Added some MMM as well. Aristocrat on sale.

Just have to have patience. At some point it will return to $200.

Also added some DVN, AWK, DG, EL and AMT

Back in VSTO for the 3rd time lol

Sold half my AMZN

(02-04-2022, 01:44 PM)stockguru Wrote: Added some MMM as well. Aristocrat on sale.

Just have to have patience. At some point it will return to $200.

Also added some DVN, AWK, DG, EL and AMT

Back in VSTO for the 3rd time lol

Sold half my AMZN

VSTO has about a 5% short position now because it is a small cap.  I can only guess they thought the 35% growth was over many quarters ago.  I wondered myself.  CEO just raised 2022 guidance yesterday and says they are good for mid to high teens growth a few years from now.  He hasn't failed to deliver yet.  IMO that's good enough when the PE is 5 and they are buying back about 10% of shares this year.  (hopefully on dips).  

I am going to count my consecutive winning VSTO option trades now and report back.  I will never ever break this record so I feel the need to brag.  This seriously all started on vacation in 2020 when I told my wife "I think I am gong to flip this ammo stock so we can buy a couple Ruger pistols to shoot at the range".   Smile

EDIT: 32 wins, no losses, most were 100% gains. Thought is was closer to 40 but not yet. I do have an idea how the stock trades though. Still have 400 long shares. I'll trim this summer.

Took a big position in OHI as well and sold out of HSY

OHI ex dv is on 2/7

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 02-04-2022

I used to own OHI for a few years sometime last decade. I remember them having some issue collecting rent back then, I guess it's fixed now? I also remember significant worries about the dividend sustainability, mainly related to the rent collection issue. But looks like the dividend has been ok except for a little slip in 2015.

I even see a stock repurchase program now? That would indicate relatively strong cash flows. Did they really manage to turn the ship around?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 03:39 PM)stockguru Wrote: Took a big position in OHI as well and sold out of HSY

OHI ex dv is on 2/7

Are you sure? Both E-trade and Yahoo are showing OHI ex div as 2/4 (today)...

(02-04-2022, 05:13 PM)Genester Wrote:
(02-04-2022, 03:39 PM)stockguru Wrote: Took a big position in OHI as well and sold out of HSY

OHI ex dv is on 2/7

Are you sure? Both E-trade and Yahoo are showing OHI ex div as 2/4 (today)...

Yes it’s 2/7. E*trade is wrong. Company issued the news.