Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-01-2022

Before you open your big yap lol.. how about PayPal active users: 428m accounts. For reference, Bank of America has 67 million accounts and the United States of America has 329m accounts. So PYPL has more users than both the Bank and United States of America combined. Sounds like a reasonable P/E with that kind of user base…

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-01-2022

(02-01-2022, 09:38 PM)stockguru Wrote: Before you open your big yap lol.. how about PayPal active users: 428m accounts. For reference, Bank of America has 67 million accounts and the United States of America has 329m accounts. So PYPL has more users than both the Bank and United States of America combined. Sounds like a reasonable P/E with that kind of user base…
I don't even know who started this lol but there are a few things that are true.  PayPal isn't going out of business.  The industry is changing fast and getting competitive so there will be winners and losers.  Nobody really knows the correct valuation for these companies right now. Heck soap and canned food companies got overvalued. I expect it will take awhile to sort this all out.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-02-2022

PYPL, ITW, RSG, DVN and D

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 02-02-2022

Added GILD

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 02-02-2022

The thing is that historically pypl have been valued as a growth business, bac isn't, unless pypl figures out their growth story again, they are just another Fintech story in the ever hearing space till the winners start emerging.

I have pypl as well but watching it consolidate for now.

Sold CC in V, sold out of the JD stocks I got a divvy from tencent in one account.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 11:32 AM)vbin Wrote: The thing is that historically pypl have been valued as a growth business, bac isn't, unless pypl figures out their growth story again, they are just another Fintech story in the ever hearing space till the winners start emerging.

I have pypl as well but watching it consolidate for now.

Sold CC in V, sold out of the JD stocks I got a divvy from tencent in one account.
I owned Paypal long ago and sold it at maybe 140.  I sold it because I was sure it was getting overvalued there.  My jaw dropped when it sailed to 300.  I am definitely not bragging because I did miss much of the ride.  I am not calling it a meme stock because it clearly isn't, but it got caught up in the FINTECH hype.  It was insanely overvalued and I won't be shocked at all if it touches 100 in a few months.  It's a falling knife an experienced trader avoids.  Not a one day over-reaction earnings dip.  It will likely overcorrect eventually, but we may not be anywhere near there yet.  

Took some option profits after open.  TROW and DKS.  My best safe plays lately.  High VIX was my friend.  I also wanted some extra cash as we look like we are short-term topping out again.  We shall see.  I'll be happier if we aren't.

Sold a couple shares of SOXL And TQQQ in my non retirement account. These ETFs are for trading and not giving up my quick profits.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kered - 02-02-2022

Everyone buying STOR. I know it's a long game, i still have 20-30 years left but its hard for me to buy something at $31 when my avg cost is $17. I really started buying my stocks March 2020 so pretty much everything i buy is gonna raise my average. Have to bite the bullet eventually on some stuff to bring me back in balance.

(02-02-2022, 12:10 PM)kered Wrote: Everyone buying STOR. I know it's a long game, i still have 20-30 years left but its hard for me to buy something at $31 when my avg cost is $17. I really started buying my stocks March 2020 so pretty much everything i buy is gonna raise my average. Have to bite the bullet eventually on some stuff to bring me back in balance.
Jimmy Cramer has this one right.  "we don't care where a stock has been..."  

Google and Amazon traded for $100 some years back.  It was OK to average up.  I would assemble a large watch list.  When something approaches your buy price recheck your research and add some. If you only concentrate on distressed stocks that look cheap today you may end up with a distressed portfolio.  If you are averaging way up, a small purchase may make sense.

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 02-02-2022

Will FB be a buy at a 20% discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-02-2022, 05:21 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Will FB be a buy at a 20% discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk  
I will be adding tomorrow, and save some for another purchase if the market dips it lower soon.  Valuation was already reasonable.  See how they single handedly took out social media stocks after hours?  Market is not tolerating any fear of slowing growth. 

I'll listen to the FB earnings call tonight before I dive in too deep.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 02-02-2022

Added to CHRW today. Will add more tomorrow if the slide continues.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 02-02-2022

Sub $200 coming for FB. Glad want to buy some lol

It happened on July 2018 for missing the number and poor projection, and it took about 10 months to come back. It will come back again this time but just need some time.

Tech dump going to be big tomorrow. I may not want to hold any now ?