Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-30-2022

(01-30-2022, 12:36 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:15 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:07 PM)fenders53 Wrote: SCHD isn't going anywhere fast.  Let your hair down and find a market deal.   Smile  SCHD isn't a terrible place to park dividends in case better deals are coming soon.

SCHD is part of a plan to make the portfolio easier for my wife to manage in the likely case that I die before she does.

With a record of a decade of double digit year over year dividend increases, it is the royalty of dividend growth ETFs.

If by going nowhere fast you are referring to share price appreciation, I suggest you look at a look at a 10 year chart, but share price appreciation is not really the goal with making it 5.5% of our portfolios at this time.
Yeah I am just saying it is going to hang around here for awhile IMO.  The flight to value already happened.  We'll see if I am right.  SCHD had a good run in the bull market and no reason to think it won't do above average if market gets rougher.  I have considered buying.  I need to run a total return backrest vs SPY for the past 5 years.

As you do that, keep in mind that the SPY dividend yield is 1.3% while SCHD's is about 2.9%.
As long as the difference in total return isn't outrageous I get the value of a dividend.  I truly haven't checked.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 01-30-2022

(01-30-2022, 12:40 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:36 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:15 PM)rnsmth Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 12:07 PM)fenders53 Wrote: SCHD isn't going anywhere fast.  Let your hair down and find a market deal.   Smile  SCHD isn't a terrible place to park dividends in case better deals are coming soon.

SCHD is part of a plan to make the portfolio easier for my wife to manage in the likely case that I die before she does.

With a record of a decade of double digit year over year dividend increases, it is the royalty of dividend growth ETFs.

If by going nowhere fast you are referring to share price appreciation, I suggest you look at a look at a 10 year chart, but share price appreciation is not really the goal with making it 5.5% of our portfolios at this time.
Yeah I am just saying it is going to hang around here for awhile IMO.  The flight to value already happened.  We'll see if I am right.  SCHD had a good run in the bull market and no reason to think it won't do above average if market gets rougher.  I have considered buying.  I need to run a total return backrest vs SPY for the past 5 years.

As you do that, keep in mind that the SPY dividend yield is 1.3% while SCHD's is about 2.9%.
As long as the difference in total return isn't outrageous I get the value of a dividend.  I truly haven't checked.Total

Maximizing total return is not a goal of mine.

A reliable, safe and increasing dividend cash flow is.  I will not buy the S&P due to its paltry dividend yield.

As I have written before - Four Pillars -1) current yield, 2) dividend safety, 3) dividend growth and 4) valuation at time of purchase.

I will not consider anything with a yield below 2%.  

Satisficing results in those four pillars is an objective of mine

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-30-2022

That's all good. My port is mixed and the bottom line does matter to me. SCHD total return is only 1% less. That's impressive IMO as the index has been hot lately. I use 10yr backtests as the last five are probably dream returns vs the next decade. Can't know for sure of course. I am pretty sure SCHD does more than OK vs index if market gets rough. I hope we don't test that theory but I td seems possible.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-31-2022

Looks like TECH has bottomed. Look at it go Wink

I bought a few new names today EPD, LPX, DFS and SCHD

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-31-2022

NOC and LHX on my watch list. NOC at $350 and LHX at $190 will be my target

This sector should continue to see downward pressure. LHX report was not that encouraging

Added OZK

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-31-2022

(01-31-2022, 10:56 AM)Mr1share Wrote: NOC and LHX on my watch list. NOC at $350 and LHX at $190 will be my target

This sector should continue to see downward pressure. LHX report was not that encouraging

Added OZK
No idea if 190 will happen but the attraction to LHX was growth and that just went away for 2022.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 01-31-2022

Used some accumulated dividends to purchase some STOR and SCHD this morning

Will have more accumulated dividends to spend on Wednesday, and I will be buying something then.  

Each purchase brings with it a new dividend income record

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-31-2022

Added WFC, SCHD, TROW, MED and CI

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-31-2022

(01-31-2022, 01:00 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Added WFC, SCHD, TROW, MED and CI
Weird, I just shorted all those stocks.  Big Grin

OK not really.  Just bored and enjoying a green port today.  Taking a few option profits is about all I have on the agenda.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 02-01-2022

Have "left over" Roth divs today. I usually drip in that account as it's so small but I sold T and BMY after ex-div in January. Plan to pick up a share of ABBV at open. Considered BBY and WSM and might have gone with Best Buy but ABBV is the smaller position based on my use of cash to initially buy and the price is OK. Not a bargain as I think the other two are right now but reasonable.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 02-01-2022

RIO is in the news today, and not for a good reason. I doubt this effects the stock price, but I hope they fix this issue.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - rnsmth - 02-01-2022

Portfolio management and reinvestment of accumulated dividends.

We have three positions that have probably reasonable valuations and are slightly underweight, TU, STOR and TXN. We have an ETF (SCHD) that is near the upper end of my buy zone.

This morning I will add to STOR and SCHD. It ain't rocket science at this point of my investing career.