Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 01-28-2022

Bought trow with proceeds from LMT in kids account..

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-28-2022

NVDA on my watch list but with a PE of over 60 I can wait till $150 Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-28-2022

Had to finally get some VSTO.. I figured 36 and change was a good entry

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 10:11 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Had to finally get some VSTO.. I figured 36 and change was a good entry

Nice. I just did the same. I has exited at $49 and now rebought at $36.50. Earings coming up and its the most in-expensive stock in the market

Fenders buying today as well  Big Grin

I added my usually 1-3 shares in 8 different companies. All PE under 20. No tech yet

But did buy SOXL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 01-28-2022

Just added a bit of TROW to average down some.

Interesting how much more I enjoyed downdrafts like these when I was gainfully employed!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 01-28-2022

MMM is on my watchlist as well. Waiting for the 150ies to buy - and am Ok if it never gets there.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 10:19 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-28-2022, 10:11 AM)MrFortune Wrote: Had to finally get some VSTO.. I figured 36 and change was a good entry

Nice. I just did the same. I has exited at $49 and now rebought at $36.50. Earings coming up and its the most in-expensive stock in the market

Fenders buying today as well  Big Grin

I added my usually 1-3 shares in 8 different companies. All PE under 20. No tech yet

But did buy SOXL
Welcome to club SOXL.  We can console each other when it hits 20.  I'll add a couple shares today when I get a minute if it stays down.  Hopefully that was a joke. If chips drop that low even quality tech may be in trouble.

Sold a MMM put at strike 157.50. I'm OK with that entry and if not the cash premium was $320. 

VSTO is suffering from small cap itus.  Next earnings report should be decent and we are going to have Covid reopening Part II.  Has to be good for one more blow out spring report.  I didn't actually buy more shares but have three puts sold. One intentionally sold in the money at strike 40 so we'll see how that goes.  I can't add anymore VSTO if these expire in the money.

Mostly giving tech a rest.  Need to balance things back out a bit with boring stuff. Might work on my Minnesota company theme today?

(01-28-2022, 10:29 AM)Kerim Wrote: Just added a bit of TROW to average down some.

Interesting how much more I enjoyed downdrafts like these when I was gainfully employed!
Absolutely!  At the very least I knew a big 401K drop every two weeks would buy some cheap shares if I didn't want to bother with new adds to the side accounts.  I imagine how much fun this dip is when you plan to retire in under four months.  I'd be sick to my stomach if I didn't squirrel away some cash in DEC.  I own plenty of boring stuff too.  Let this get bad enough and I'll swap some out gradually for quality growth stocks getting beat down.  Seems way early for that though.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-28-2022

So CTI put a sell on KR today saying inflation will hurt. I can't make this shi$ up Wink

I added KR, MDLZ today and also trimmed lots of MA and V on the big lifts. There getting expensive now. keeping that cash to add to COF and DFS. Much more value there

Lots more torment from analysts coming. Price targets are whacked and they will adjust them at some point. Usually only moves a stock briefly. They should all just pick a day and start over.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-28-2022

Added to LDOS on today's dip.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 01-28-2022

of course I added TROW earlier today Smile