Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 01-27-2022

How do you guys feel about LEG here?

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 01-27-2022

Sold some msft this morning to raise cash, just in case...

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 12:14 PM)EricL Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 11:52 AM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote: TROW just gave away its entire 2021 gains for no apparent reason. I added, but this is somewhat puzzling.

It is puzzling seeing the recent fall. Not sure if it's related to interest rates or what.

EPS grew by 27% in 2021 and TROW will likely be announcing a big dividend increase in a couple of weeks.

Seems like a great buy at a likely forward yield of over 3%.
Trow looks real interesting, hopefully we see some more drop tomrorow. might buy this tomorrow with the cash raised from LMT and msft. [attachment=330]

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-27-2022

I try to avoid waterfall chart patterns but it seems overdone. Dropping like a tech stock. Somebody wants out. I am wondering if it's just an overdone rotation with retail investors likely to be scared for awhile? I haven't checked on the competitors at all. Wonder if they are getting a beating too?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 01-28-2022

(01-27-2022, 04:51 PM)Genester Wrote: How do you guys feel about LEG here?

It's been on my watch list for a while. The revenue and cash flow growth has been slow enough that I've never really been tempted to buy. Last time I ran my screen debt to ebitda was 3.21, too high. I suspect it will continue to pay its dividend, raise it at a 5% or so annual pace and the share price won't move all that much. It does seem to have some cyclical trade value but other companies have more if that's what someone is looking for.

Not for me. I'll be running my screen again in a week or two and suspect it may leave my watch list. I've been waiting for signs that things may improve and haven't seen it.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-28-2022

Look, the futures are red. Another buying opportunity!!!!

Good morning all, that's what I really meant to say. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Genester - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 07:19 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 04:51 PM)Genester Wrote: How do you guys feel about LEG here?

It's been on my watch list for a while. The revenue and cash flow growth has been slow enough that I've never really been tempted to buy. Last time I ran my screen debt to ebitda was 3.21, too high. I suspect it will continue to pay its dividend, raise it at a 5% or so annual pace and the share price won't move all that much. It does seem to have some cyclical trade value but other companies have more if that's what someone is looking for.

Not for me. I'll be running my screen again in a week or two and suspect it may leave my watch list. I've been waiting for signs that things may improve and haven't seen it.

Thank you, very helpful.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-28-2022

All the money government sent to citizens in the form of free loans, unemployment checks, child tax credits was invested into equities and now everyone is watching that money disappear as stocks continue to decline. It will take 20 years for those prices to recover.

Not my words. Just what a lot of people are saying …. I like it. Buying opportunities Wink

(01-28-2022, 08:29 AM)stockguru Wrote: All the money government sent to citizens in the form of free loans, unemployment checks, child tax credits was invested into equities and now everyone is watching that money disappear as stocks continue to decline.  It will take 20 years for those prices to recover.

Not my words. Just what a lot of people are saying …. I like it. Buying opportunities Wink
Do they realize how far the SPY is down since OCT 1 ?  Oh wait, it's not down, it's about even.  I do have compassion for those who are down.  Heck I am down some.  Losing money, even just on paper, sucks.  But if the SPY is beating you by 30% in just 4 months and it's wrecking your happiness, maybe evaluate your investment plan because this won't be the last time it happens if you aren't diversified and ignore valuation.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-28-2022

MMM down big at 52-week low due to another lawsuit. Any buyers? Been on my watchlist to add.

(01-28-2022, 09:47 AM)Dario33 Wrote: MMM down big at 52-week low due to another lawsuit.  Any buyers?  Been on my watchlist to add.
If it's the ear plug lawsuit it's been going on for years.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 09:47 AM)Dario33 Wrote: MMM down big at 52-week low due to another lawsuit.  Any buyers?  Been on my watchlist to add.

Yes I just bought some. One of the stocks I feel comfortable buying at these levels. Pre pandemic low was $152 or so.

Just keep in mind... it is up a whopping $1.35 over the last 5 years. about 1%. lol