Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 09-20-2021

(09-20-2021, 11:24 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 10:41 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I won't be looking until Sep 30th... (buries head in sand)
That's boring lol.  Why the 30th?  Leverage is out of style at the moment.  By now we hope you knew it would happen.  If this goes like usual there should be a blow off hard sell within a few weeks.  It should settle down after that.  Or maybe Uncle Jerome makes us all feel better tomorrow? 

Potentially putting my solar positions higher where I want it the next six months.  Sold puts in ENPH, RUN and SPWR today.  If they dip a little more I'll have all the shares I want.  If not the option premiums are stupid good when the market is scared so that works too if I don't get exercised the next few weeks.

Last year, both September and October were down months for me too.  November was great, and by the end of the year I was back to ATHs.  So, I'm going to relax and not sweat it.  In the meantime, I have no moves to make until, lemme see ... possibly mid 2022.  Otherwise I'm juggling increased child support (due to options I have that are expiring that I have to cash in), car repairs, paying for the taxes I accumulated this year, saving for vacation, etc.

Sep 30th because on the last day of every month I record the final monthly totals in my spreadsheet and I transfer the dividends into my "non-monthly checking escrow" account.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 09-20-2021

Just bought 1/3 of the TXN I plan on buying with those AMAT proceeds. Just wanted to make sure I don't miss it completely... though I do have a feeling that we will see more red days.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 09-20-2021

Ken
A year ago 90% of Americans were about to receive their third stimi check to buy BTC, some tech toys or some house updates from HD, even if they never lost their job. That's over now. Infrastructure is a 10 year pay out if they pass anything. Market liquidity remains so a new market ATH is my expectation by year end. Solid stocks will do OK IMO or I wouldn't be buying. I'd be thrilled to be wrong and the market launches like last year. I thought the market would be choppy months ago. It had to happen eventually. I see some opportunities for investors finally.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - pdaignau - 09-20-2021

Opened a position in SCHD. Contemplating adding small portions to current holdings, but haven't yet.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 09-20-2021

Glad I don't own BABA or chines stocks. That stock may see $100 soon lol

Anyway bought a few shares of LMT and WKLY

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 09-20-2021

Sitting waiting for some good values yet this year. Really looking for 5 nice long term dividend payers to be on my radar soon. AbbVie is getting there but not quite yet. Undecided on the other 4.

I can be patient....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09-20-2021, 01:50 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Glad I don't own BABA or chines stocks. That stock may see $100 soon lol

Anyway bought a few shares of LMT and WKLY
A lot of the regular posters on this forum own BABA.  Hopefully it finds a bottom soon.  I got out with a tiny profit when the bad news wouldn't stop.  It's going to be a long while even if things go well.  

Going to buy a few shares of something near the close.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 09-20-2021

Added, LMT, baba, tencent, oxy.

(09-20-2021, 01:54 PM)bankerboy Wrote: Sitting waiting for some good values yet this year. Really looking for 5 nice long term dividend payers to be on my radar soon. AbbVie is getting there but not quite yet. Undecided on the other 4.

I can be patient....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience is good.  I am hoping we get a chance to pounce.  I got lucky cleaning up small positions and the timing worked out so some nibbles can happen while I hope I get my price for bigger buys.  That has failed me before though, so nibbling is a nice consolation prize.  I've been lucky this year but I have no clue what the market does in a month.  I hope young investors ignore me and buy a little extra on the  dips, and go easy on the market timing.  That's what I did and if worked out fine.

I have to admit it's fun trying to out smart the market with some of my money.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - NilesMike - 09-20-2021

I have 21 DGI positions and am adding to those that have current yield > 4.5% (9 names)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 09-20-2021

(09-20-2021, 04:08 PM)NilesMike Wrote: I have 21 DGI positions and am adding to those that have current yield > 4.5% (9 names)

and which name are those?  Big Grin

(09-20-2021, 04:08 PM)NilesMike Wrote: I have 21 DGI positions and am adding to those that have current yield > 4.5% (9 names)
I didn't know there were nine left.  Ten more market days like today and we'll have more to choose from lol.