Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 07:42 AM)cemanuel Wrote: His mistake was ignoring inflation 9 months ago.  He should have made us mad by tightening then.

The Fed can't make tightening moves at the same time as Congress is pumping money into the system. Would have been two powerful entities acting completely at odds with each other. The market - or at least institutional investors who make the market - could have reasonably concluded that everyone was crazy.

Absolutely. The FED is supposed to act independently, but they have to work toward a similar goal. And the FED chief can be removed if he geos completely rogue.

And if anyone had suggested to me we would have a booming stock market six months into a pandemic with states and countries at least partially locked down, I would have laughed at them.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-27-2022

Will be adding to CMCSA today. From the earnings call, beat EPS (though by a smaller margin than last quarter), broadband growth slowed, raised div 8% and share price down 5% to start the day.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 01-27-2022

Added MA, TROW, CMCSA, and HCA

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 01-27-2022

TROW just gave away its entire 2021 gains for no apparent reason. I added, but this is somewhat puzzling.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 11:52 AM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote: TROW just gave away its entire 2021 gains for no apparent reason. I added, but this is somewhat puzzling.

It is puzzling seeing the recent fall. Not sure if it's related to interest rates or what.

EPS grew by 27% in 2021 and TROW will likely be announcing a big dividend increase in a couple of weeks.

Seems like a great buy at a likely forward yield of over 3%.

(01-27-2022, 12:14 PM)EricL Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 11:52 AM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote: TROW just gave away its entire 2021 gains for no apparent reason. I added, but this is somewhat puzzling.

It is puzzling seeing the recent fall. Not sure if it's related to interest rates or what.

EPS grew by 27% in 2021 and TROW will likely be announcing a big dividend increase in a couple of weeks.

How are their mutual funds doing vs passive?  Honest question.  I don't know the answer.  When the market starts getting beat up that stat matters.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 12:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 12:14 PM)EricL Wrote:

How are their mutual funds doing vs passive?  Honest question.  I don't know the answer.  When the market starts getting beat up that stat matters.

You don't know TROW then. They are the #1 401K in the business. People love them because of there low fees. Ahead of Vanguard. No matter what the market does people will always put money in. This is the best buy in the market right now. I just sold 5 names to add 200 shares. Dividend is an added bonus.

Or investors go to cashy stuff because they are scared. This your first correction? Smile

Seriously though it's mentioned as a risk by some of the firms that offer earning projections for TROW. That's why I asked. I don't know what percentage of their funds are passive.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividendwayfarer - 01-27-2022

added on TROW again today (though I wonder if I should wait for another week...)

AUM drop worry is only thing I dug up and little detail.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 03:26 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: added on TROW again today (though I wonder if I should wait for another week...)

Ha same here. I added 7 times over the last week. Today was the most shares. Its now my #2 holding.

Reminds me when ABBV dropped to $101 scoped that one up. I love when the market gives you buying opportunities 

TROW also has no debt. I will collect the dividend and wait for $200 again