Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-26-2022

Bought initial position - 8 shares of ADP. Been waiting for a dip on that Aristocrat

Also bought some ORI, NSC, ABT and WBA

Trimmed EOG and CVX

Anyone own CB? It's been a real work horse and has held up very well. Not far from a 52 week high and still cheap with a forward PE of 15.7.

Was thinking of buying some

AFL as well near a 52 week high

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 01-26-2022

In my Roth I sold LMT. Just bought AMZN and put a $300 LO on for MSFT.

The Roth is a TR account. I think LMT has some growth in it but not like those two. Debated MSFT or GOOGL.

I have a lot of LMT in my Taxable account - goal to generate & grow dividends. Not the ghost of a thought of selling there. IMO it's a great DGI stock - good earnings/revenue growth and good dividend growth. Plus it's in a great sector with piles of government contract money coming in.

Different tools for different purposes. Bought LMT last fall around $340 so had a nice gain in it.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-26-2022

(01-26-2022, 09:58 AM)Mr1share Wrote: Anyone own CB? It's been a real work horse and has held up very well. Not far from a 52 week high and still cheap with a forward PE of 15.7.

Was thinking of buying some

AFL as well near a 52 week high
I'd start a position and add on red days.  CB is about as safe a stock as you will every find.  Dividend isn't amazing but it grows and the share price gradually does too.

(01-26-2022, 10:06 AM)cemanuel Wrote: In my Roth I sold LMT. Just bought AMZN and put a $300 LO on for MSFT.

The Roth is a TR account. I think LMT has some growth in it but not like those two. Debated MSFT or GOOGL.

I have a lot of LMT in my Taxable account - goal to generate & grow dividends. Not the ghost of a thought of selling there. IMO it's a great DGI stock - good earnings/revenue growth and good dividend growth. Plus it's in a great sector with piles of government contract money coming in.

Different tools for different purposes. Bought LMT last fall around $340 so had a nice gain in it.
I think GOOGL will outperform AMZN over the next six months, but AMZN SP will jump out of the rut sooner or later.  I own both.  I think AMZN earning will be a little confusing this quarter.  Hoping for a quick dip then but todays price is decent IMO.  

I need to make a few trades but intentional distracting myself at the moment.  I have trust issues with the market this month.   Smile

(01-25-2022, 11:37 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 02:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: In regards to DKS

You cant base on where the price was a year or 2 ago. DKS is way better positioned now then it was. And growing much faster. I'm I can get a company less then a 10 PE and growling at 20 % clip to me that represents value.  2 years ago the PE was 60 now it's9. If I looked at stocks solely based on how much its up that's not a good formula to use. As long as the story hasn't changed and they are growing earnings year after year with a reasonable PE there's no reason not to own it. I bought it at 69, 72, $87, 92, and $97. Its now crosses the 50 MDA. Not many stocks can say that currently lol

And like Fenders said. No one can compete with them in the US. They already put 2 other sport retailers out of business. The CEO is fantastic.

And you just bought LHX which has run from $168 Wink So your not practicing  what you preaching lol Wink

This is exactly my point. Obviously you can't only look at the chart to determine valuation but it is a powerful tool to be used together with other information available. Unless something truly remarkable changed with a company, to justify a massive run up in price in a short period of time, then I'd wager that it was either undervalued previously or overvalued now. 

DKS was a random example, and may have been a bad one if they have truly executed a massive turnaround. But I'm pretty sure the recent run up in the stock market in general is more due to monetary policy rather than pretty much every company becoming significantly better at what they do over the course of a year. 

But your buys of DKS are exactly how it should be. Looks like you bought when the value started to get unlocked, whether it was due to previous undervaluation, better company performance, or just current overvaluation, you got in at the right time. It was a great deal when you bought it, but it's 50% higher now. Is it really a great deal anymore? 

Exactly the same with LHX. As I said, it's not a great deal. It's a great company, but $217 is NOT a great price for it. I buy something pretty much every week, no matter what the market says. And right now I just don't see quality companies on the cheap, so I prefer to go with a super high quality company at an ok-ish price. 

Besides, fenders is right, I need my regular fix of "merchants of death" stocks. Big Grin
You just happened to pick the wrong ticker off her list.  DKS is similar to my VSTO story.  Struggled a few years back and really have the business momentum going for the foreseeable future.  I've been hoping for a red day so I can try to steal some shares with a new put sale while the volatility still has the premiums sky high.  They will tear it up spring quarter when we go outside to play again.

T never stops screwing over their trusting shareholders but at some point they are just being gullible. I suspected they delayed details for a reason. SA will be back to non-stop T articles.

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 01-26-2022

Sold some LMT in kids account and added baba

T down because of CEO comments. I will wait a few days to see where it settles. Looked destined for $30 now back to $23 soon Wink

After screwing shareholders with the merger and Spin-Off they then muddied the water again by leaning Split-Off and now, just a few months before the merger they still can't make up their mind for which way they're going.

VZ getting a beating as well

(01-26-2022, 01:06 PM)Mr1share Wrote: T down because of CEO comments. I will wait a few days to see where it settles. Looked destined for $30 now back to $23 soon Wink

After screwing shareholders with the merger and Spin-Off they then muddied the water again by leaning Split-Off and now, just a few months before the merger they still can't make up their mind for which way they're going.

VZ getting a beating as well

It's the same crap I have endured from non-blue chip companies over the years.  A lot of members here hung around for the spin.  I wasn't convinced but fair enough, patience is good.  And now another rug pull.  If they don't get a firm plan now, they are going to leave a $20 stock with a 4% dividend by fall.  I bet the CEO and BOD do fine.  It's just hard to watch.  I just refuse to have huge amounts of money at the mercy of sketchy management.  There is no other description for these clowns.  If they actually had a good plan they would have shared it on national television today and the stock would be up.     

VZ is getting a beating because the utility side of the business is tough.  That's the cashflow part of the sector and it isn't growing at the moment.

Added some COF and new position in TRV and CB

Keeping my exposure to over weight in financials

KMB getting hit hard. Still over valued

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 01-26-2022

(01-26-2022, 01:26 PM)Mr1share Wrote: Added some COF and new position in TRV and CB

Keeping my exposure to over weight in financials

KMB getting hit hard. Still over valued

Good companies right there.

I like financials as well and think they have a lot of room to still run. Reminds of the oil stocks before they ran.

Banks have come back some and are good buys on these dips.

I actually added to BAC and WFC today. I think Powell pushes them up further