Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - MrFortune - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 04:03 PM)stockguru Wrote: See ya MSFT. Not good at all. Give me $200 lol.. MSFT down over $16 AH's

Sell all your tech. The sector is headed much lower.

I will stick with T Wink

SOXL headed under $30 soon Wink Buy SOXS

PYPL doesn't even matter. I'm not worried about a $10 loss Smile I sold long ago lol

Yup forward guidance was not good. The entire tech will sell off more from these levels

Haha on SOXL. I shouldn't have covered yet. It may head below $25 with the rate tech is going to slide. 

Where's that guy who loves SOXL? He's been really quiet of late calling for $100 on that stock  Big Grin

I bet SOXS actually may be a good play here. That chip sector was so pumped.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 04:18 PM)MrFortune Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 04:03 PM)stockguru Wrote: See ya MSFT. Not good at all. Give me $200 lol.. MSFT down over $16 AH's

I will stick with T Wink

PYPL doesn't even matter. I'm not worried about a $10 loss Smile I sold long ago lol

Yup forward guidance was not good. The entire tech will sell off more from these levels

Haha on SOXL. I shouldn't have covered yet. It may head below $25 with the rate tech is going to slide. 

Where's that guy who loves SOXL? He's been really quiet of late calling for $100 on that stock  Big Grin

Hey now at least TXN is up $10. They blew away earnings. I bought more today at $173

i agree on that SOXL. I wouldn't own that anyway. Way too volatile for me. I don't have enough meds to hold that one lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 01:37 PM)divmenow Wrote: Bought 3 shares of ULTA for now lol

My girls 2nd home lol

Not a bad price to get in with a forward PE of 17. This company does well in any environment

ORCL and NVDA on watch list. Hoping for $193-4195 on NVDA

Also bought some $300 calls on MSFT. Just for fun lol
Haven't even looked at Ulta lately.

I will stick with T Wink

$10 sure.  Smile

I'll be back on MSFT tomorrow.  Probably dodged a bullet taking my put profit.  The after hours market get's it wrong half the time so I'll listen to the call, but it won't be good for tech if they are cautious.  Waited a long time to go tech shopping.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 01-25-2022

I will stick with T Wink

MSFT hasn't given forward guidance. That will come during the call which starts, as I type, 49 minutes from now.

I wouldn't pay a whole lot of attention to AH moves.

(01-25-2022, 04:24 PM)Mr1share Wrote:

I will stick with T Wink

Hey now at least TXN is up $10. They blew away earnings. I bought more today at $173

i agree on that SOXL. I wouldn't own that anyway. Way too volatile for me. I don't have enough meds to hold that one lol
SOXL can give stupid high returns if you jump in when the market has melted down.  Same with TQQQ. But you better not get greedy and be willing to cash out when you have triple the markets returns for six months. Otherwise you will give most of it back eventually. There is always the next dip.         

Yeah I'd need meds to hold a large position.

(01-25-2022, 04:41 PM)cemanuel Wrote:

I will stick with T Wink

MSFT hasn't given forward guidance. That will come during the call which starts, as I type, 49 minutes from now.

I wouldn't pay a whole lot of attention to AH moves.
We agree on that.  They often reverse 15 minutes after the open.  But we are just BSing here so no harm.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kevinta15 - 01-25-2022

Thanks for letting me join the thread. I’m 43 and I’ve been investing in dividend growth stocks for about 8 years now.
Added JNJ, UL and TROW last week.

(01-25-2022, 09:02 PM)Kevinta15 Wrote: Thanks for letting me join the thread. I’m 43 and I’ve been investing in dividend growth stocks for about 8 years now.
Added JNJ, UL and TROW last week.
Welcome to the forum.  Those are great stocks many of us own.  This is our catch all social thread as I am sure you noticed.  Feel free to post any thread on the forum or start your own.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 02:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: In regards to DKS

You cant base on where the price was a year or 2 ago. DKS is way better positioned now then it was. And growing much faster. I'm I can get a company less then a 10 PE and growling at 20 % clip to me that represents value.  2 years ago the PE was 60 now it's9. If I looked at stocks solely based on how much its up that's not a good formula to use. As long as the story hasn't changed and they are growing earnings year after year with a reasonable PE there's no reason not to own it. I bought it at 69, 72, $87, 92, and $97. Its now crosses the 50 MDA. Not many stocks can say that currently lol

And like Fenders said. No one can compete with them in the US. They already put 2 other sport retailers out of business. The CEO is fantastic.

And you just bought LHX which has run from $168 Wink So your not practicing  what you preaching lol Wink

This is exactly my point. Obviously you can't only look at the chart to determine valuation but it is a powerful tool to be used together with other information available. Unless something truly remarkable changed with a company, to justify a massive run up in price in a short period of time, then I'd wager that it was either undervalued previously or overvalued now. 

DKS was a random example, and may have been a bad one if they have truly executed a massive turnaround. But I'm pretty sure the recent run up in the stock market in general is more due to monetary policy rather than pretty much every company becoming significantly better at what they do over the course of a year. 

But your buys of DKS are exactly how it should be. Looks like you bought when the value started to get unlocked, whether it was due to previous undervaluation, better company performance, or just current overvaluation, you got in at the right time. It was a great deal when you bought it, but it's 50% higher now. Is it really a great deal anymore? 

Exactly the same with LHX. As I said, it's not a great deal. It's a great company, but $217 is NOT a great price for it. I buy something pretty much every week, no matter what the market says. And right now I just don't see quality companies on the cheap, so I prefer to go with a super high quality company at an ok-ish price. 

Besides, fenders is right, I need my regular fix of "merchants of death" stocks. Big Grin

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-26-2022

Argh...got my hopes up last night that today might present some good buying opportunities for Tech. Going to have to keep waiting. LOL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-26-2022

(01-26-2022, 09:40 AM)Dario33 Wrote: Argh...got my hopes up last night that today might present some good buying opportunities for Tech.  Going to have to keep waiting. LOL
Yeah it would sure suck if the indexes closed up.  Big Grin 

BTW, half the Nasdaq is already in bear market territory.  Waiting for some $20 NVDA LOL.