Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 01-22-2022

I haven't even started with the extra buys yet. And I'm not in a hurry just yet, I'm buying something roughly once per week but this is just my regular strategy that I utilize in every single market situation no matter what.

During the covid dip I had my "deploy extra cash moments" written down and based purely on the SP500. I think it worked out pretty well. It's an easy indicator to follow and I didn't really pay significant attention to what I was buying, I was just adding to my current positions. I'm thinking of doing something similar here. Maybe 4200 would be a decent starting point?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-22-2022

Spreading it out isn't a terrible idea. We can't know how long we have to shop but the FED isn't going to V bottom this like last time.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 01-24-2022

It's a bloodbath. I don't see an end in sight. This administration is going to crash the economy and plunge us into war. Absolute insanity how this guy in charge got elected.

I'm turning off my computer and wont be looking till next year. No reason to. I just read 66 billon was taken out the market last week. I should have joined them

Bring back Trump Wink

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-24-2022

Poneyboy

There is a good reason we keep the political chat light here. A million other places on the net to vent on that subject. Want to discuss a particular policy and it's affect on a sector? Go for it, we seem to be able to do that constructively. Truly hope I didn't tick you off but much of the reason I hang out here is to avoid the emotional "I hate Trump or Biden-I love Trump or Biden" drivel.

Rearranging a few chairs on the Titanic today. Trimmed a lot of RUN and SPWR and moved it to ENPH. I can't abandon the sector, just a flight to quality thing. It's what I do so I can feel useful. My cash deployments will be small and end of the day until that trend changes. Margin calls are likely in play now so it could definitely get uglier.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 01-24-2022

First of all I can say what I want. Last time I checked this was a free country to express your feelings.

And there was nothing wrong with what I said. I spoke the truth. I didn't get in to specifics, Thar would take me all day lol

And this has to do with stocks. Were down for reasons....

So don't tell me what I can and cant post Smile

Hope I didn't tick you off

And I added MSFT, CVX, ADP and UL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-24-2022

Now now boys lol

I don't have an issue with the post. I don't like either one so. And I only care about getting this market back up lol. So even if Stalin were the President do care. Just want a green day Wink

I added some MSFT, ENPH, EOG, and PM

I want to know if Fenders added 2 more shares on SOXL here Smile

MRNA almost back to pre-pandemic levels now. Wow!!

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 01-24-2022

While I agree with ya poneyboy I’m hoping this is only a minor market correction and a brief scare on the political front.

I’ve been thinking for awhile it would be good to see the market get back in whack from a valuation standpoint. While I was up over 20% in my port last year I doubt that’s sustainable and honestly have 7 more years to keep buying before retirement so a 10%-20% correction won’t make me sell anything or panic. My small play port of ARK and EV sure has gotten a royal Axxwhoopin’!

I’m going to sit tight for a bit, luckily have a bit of cash sitting on the sidelines ready to see what’s ripe for the picking! At the end of 2020 it was oil and financials, what’s it going to be this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 11:46 AM)bankerboy Wrote: While I agree with ya poneyboy I’m hoping this is only a minor market correction and a brief scare on the political front.

I’ve been thinking for awhile it would be good to see the market get back in whack from a valuation standpoint. While I was up over 20% in my port last year I doubt that’s sustainable and honestly have 7 more years to keep buying before retirement so a 10%-20% correction won’t make me sell anything or panic. My small play port of ARK and EV sure has gotten a royal Axxwhoopin’!

I’m going to sit tight for a bit, luckily have a bit of cash sitting on the sidelines ready to see what’s ripe for the picking! At the end of 2020 it was oil and financials, what’s it going to be this time?

I agree as well with Poneyboy and bankerboy... And I don't even think anything was said bad lol. Maybe Fenders didn't have his morning coffee  Tongue 

I settled on one the houses this morning. The other someone outbid me. Oh well at least it should be fun and we will see how I do with mu new hobby lol

This is time you buy. We all wanted cheaper prices and now we have them. Some stocks have seen 2 years of gains errased. I say buy a little at a time and pick out your favorite names you always wanted to own,

Since I only settled on 1 house. Bought some names on this dip. 

More to come in next few days.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 11:46 AM)bankerboy Wrote: While I agree with ya poneyboy I’m hoping this is only a minor market correction and a brief scare on the political front.

FED moved waaay too slow.  We probably would have bitched if they killed the rally last summer though.  We made money when they went nuts in 2020 doing what anybody who understands economics knew was wrong.  We all saw the crazy amount of gambling that still isn't done unwinding.  Most of our beloved DGI stocks are still a little pricey so who knows if they get whacked too. It is what it is at this point and it will take time to settle out.  

And regarding the politics, trust me I am not a fan of Biden, though I adjusted to and banked a lot of profits for a year off what I thought the administration would do with energy etc.  I just don't want the place to turn into a political whizzing contest because it will eventually, just like anywhere else it isn't discouraged.  If it does then I will leave and perhaps most won't care, but I'll care because I enjoy the atmosphere here, and the e-friends I have made. 

Hope we can get back to losing money now.   Smile

What I Am Buying Today. - bankerboy - 01-24-2022

We’re not losing money Fender, we’re gaining buying opportunities!

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-24-2022

(01-24-2022, 12:24 PM)bankerboy Wrote: We’re not losing money Fender, we’re gaining buying opportunities!

Well when you see your portfolio down $27,000 it's not a good feeling  Cool

Have to get over being scared and buy up the good companies. Can't make money sitting on the sidelines like a scared little boy lol 

Just think back when the pandemic hit and WEN was at $5 lol

And most companies are in better positions now then pre-pandemic

This is just a scare tactic by the sec and the powers to be. All those stop losses are being taken out, and people are scared were going down another 25-30% from here. Cooler heads prevail

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - EricL - 01-24-2022

Used pooled dividends to add a share of TXN.

Now own two shares of it as I work to build my position.