Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 04:13 PM)Mr1share Wrote: OMG look at PTON... Ironically, it was Peloton investors that were taken for a ride Wink No one owns here so can say that lol

I added AMAT, SPY BEN TROW, AVGO and BBY right before the close

I hope no one owns PTON in here. You don't wish that on anyone. But I feel its headed to single digits now. Mr1Share short it  Big Grin

I'm about to sell mostly everything tomorrow. I'm suppose to be closing on Monday or Tuesday on 2 new properties.  Paying with cash so will have to liquidate my stocks. Mine as well make some real money in flipping houses. The wife and I always wanted to do this and now is the time with retirement near by.  I will probably hold onto my top 5. Anyway we will see what happens. 

BTW, They are just taking names as low as they can. No fundamentals what so ever. All those stocks we warned you about. Those pump and dump names will continue lower. This doesn't surprise me one bit. But some good names are being caught in the crossfire as well.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 04:34 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 04:13 PM)Mr1share Wrote: OMG look at PTON... Ironically, it was Peloton investors that were taken for a ride Wink No one owns here so can say that lol

I hope no one owns PTON in here. You don't wish that on anyone. But I feel its headed to single digits now. Mr1Share short it  Big Grin

I'm about to sell mostly everything tomorrow. I'm suppose to be closing on Monday or Tuesday on 2 new properties.  Paying with cash so will have to liquidate my stocks. Mine as well make some real money in flipping houses. The wife and I always wanted to do this and now is the time with retirement near by.  I will probably hold onto my top 5. Anyway we will see what happens. 

BTW, They are just taking names as low as they can. No fundamentals what so ever. All those stocks we warned you about. Those pump and dump names will continue lower. This doesn't surprise me one bit. But some good names are being caught in the crossfire as well.

Congrats. That sounds wonderful. I'm sure you will do well and make money while the rest of us go broke  Big Grin

I always wanted to get into flipping and selling houses as well. Just don't have the experience or time to do it. But maybe some day. Best of luck to you

Peloton had highest options shorts (71%) in last few days. So not only did insiders sell, they leaked news today and someone got very rich twice. Very crooked if you ask me. Let the lawsuits begin. 

(01-20-2022, 04:40 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 04:34 PM)divmenow Wrote:

Congrats. That sounds wonderful. I'm sure you will do well and make money while the rest of us go broke  Big Grin

I always wanted to get into flipping and selling houses as well. Just don't have the experience or time to do it. But maybe some day. Best of luck to you

Peloton had highest options shorts (71%) in last few days. So not only did insiders sell, they leaked news today and someone got very rich twice. Very crooked if you ask me. Let the lawsuits begin. 

And If you bought a treadmill and exercise bike company @ a market cap of $40+bil you should check yourself into a psych ward... lol

I just saw this…

Take a look at the last hour of trading in Clorox that doesn't report for a bit. Unless it preannounces tonight and the seller has illegal info, no human trader would sell it like that. Just a stupid program mowing down everything at crummy prices.’

That sums up crooks at work lol. All these insiders know before hand. Programs, bots are making these trades and drops. We seen this before. SCC really needs to crack down on this crap.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-20-2022

Good luck Divemenow. Real estate can be rewarding.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-20-2022

(01-20-2022, 06:07 PM)stockguru Wrote: I just saw this…

Take  a look at the last hour of trading in Clorox that doesn't report for a bit. Unless it preannounces tonight and the seller has illegal info, no human trader would sell it like that. Just a stupid program mowing down everything at crummy prices.’

That sums up crooks at work lol. All these insiders know before hand.  Programs, bots are making these trades and drops. We seen this before. SCC really needs to crack down on this crap.
I looked at chart but not quite sure what you are talking about.  A lot of stocks got slammed late in the day.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-21-2022

That Netflix forward guidance was rough. We had to know YOY comps would be tough for sit on the couch stocks.

Please don't let a cloud or major software company slow down that bad.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - cemanuel - 01-21-2022

I plan to sell BMY from my Roth after the market opens. Both AMD and NVDA have reached my purchase price - or the price I had for them a little while back. But with the market charts looking like they do I'll sit on the cash for a bit and see where the prices go.

I'm also looking at selling the "growthier" MFs from my 403b, including a Nasdaq Index Fund. It's something I hate the thought of doing - and never have done - but I'll be converting it to stocks some time after 2/19/22 when I do the IRA rollover and right now I'm thinking cash will retain value better for the next month.

NOTE: I suck at selling. I've been thinking of selling the funds since Tuesday. As I'm waiting until today, chances are that as usual the barn door will shut after all the critters already escaped and Monday will see a market turnaround. ; Of course I haven't sold yet - this really goes against my grain, even for 30 days.

The Roth is TR, as the IRA will be. The taxable account is for dividends and this market action to me is meaningless there as I'm no longer buying new companies and like what I own in it, other than T.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-21-2022

(01-20-2022, 09:16 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 06:07 PM)stockguru Wrote: I just saw this…

Take  a look at the last hour of trading in Clorox that doesn't report for a bit. Unless it preannounces tonight and the seller has illegal info, no human trader would sell it like that. Just a stupid program mowing down everything at crummy prices.’

That sums up crooks at work lol. All these insiders know before hand.  Programs, bots are making these trades and drops. We seen this before. SCC really needs to crack down on this crap.
I looked at chart but not quite sure what you are talking about.  A lot of stocks got slammed late in the day.

Those were Cramer's words not mine lol. I was on his twitter account and was reading all the replies

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - stockguru - 01-21-2022

Bought 1 share of NFLX at $396.50 just for fun lol

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Marknew - 01-21-2022

Was all cash but trying my luck at this again

Bought TROW, BAC, ETSY, MSFT and NSC

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-21-2022

(01-21-2022, 09:44 AM)arknew Wrote: Was all cash but trying my luck at this again

Bought TROW, BAC, ETSY, MSFT and NSC
Welcome to the forum. The good news is it's hard to buy the top in much anything.