Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 01-15-2022

(01-15-2022, 09:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 08:20 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:04 PM)Dario33 Wrote: ^same here on TROW

AVGO finally back to sub 600.  Hoping for a continued slide.

In the world of glass half full, I'm planning to get lots more this year when funds become available so it just needs to stay sub-600 until I'm done with my purchases.
I think a better plan might be to NOT be done anytime soon, and add some shares quarterly.  Add some more on a real dip.  It's a wonderful company.  I think it's actually outperformed or real close to some of the FANG stocks the past 10 years.  It's been a great stock much longer than that though.  If you pull up a 20 year chart the first five years look flat.  Look closer and that's not the case.  It was doubling every three years or so even back then when tech wasn't loved at all.  Personally I wouldn't FOMO all in at a 40 PE as chips will remain be somewhat cyclical.  Might not seem like it but you'll get a chance to add some at better values.  Same with most of the FAANGs.  I am adding but not going to lose my mind because I am 18 months late for that.

The current plan is to get another 7 as soon as I can, then after that a share a quarter sounds good if I'm able to.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-15-2022

(01-15-2022, 09:54 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 09:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 08:20 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:04 PM)Dario33 Wrote: ^same here on TROW

AVGO finally back to sub 600.  Hoping for a continued slide.

In the world of glass half full, I'm planning to get lots more this year when funds become available so it just needs to stay sub-600 until I'm done with my purchases.
I think a better plan might be to NOT be done anytime soon, and add some shares quarterly.  Add some more on a real dip.  It's a wonderful company.  I think it's actually outperformed or real close to some of the FANG stocks the past 10 years.  It's been a great stock much longer than that though.  If you pull up a 20 year chart the first five years look flat.  Look closer and that's not the case.  It was doubling every three years or so even back then when tech wasn't loved at all.  Personally I wouldn't FOMO all in at a 40 PE as chips will remain be somewhat cyclical.  Might not seem like it but you'll get a chance to add some at better values.  Same with most of the FAANGs.  I am adding but not going to lose my mind because I am 18 months late for that.

The current plan is to get another 7 as soon as I can, then after that a share a quarter sounds good if I'm able to.
I already owned a few shares on Eric's advice, but your constant professed AVGO love did cause me to look closer.   Smile   It really is a great company.  Now that I am only holding about 20 tickers, it's easier to own some.    I certainly don't have 20 better ideas than AVGO for the long-term.  The dividend fits my life stage, but more importantly I won't stress owning them.  They are too big to bully.  There are so many tech stocks that look very  attractive now, but AAPL, MSFT or some other behemoth actually holds their fate and could crush them with an unfavorable contract next year.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - ken-do-nim - 01-18-2022

Just saying hi to everyone. I had a nice 4 day weekend and I actually didn't think about my portfolio at all. Smile

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-18-2022

My four day weekend just started. Looks like another buying opportunity today. I'll just nibble in case there are 100 more sale days this year. Smile

Nibbled some GOOGL and QQQ.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Mr1share - 01-18-2022

Added TGT, HD, BAC, PG, BX, and DG with proceeds in my IRA

What I Am Buying Today. - MrPosadas - 01-18-2022

What are y’all doing with your ATVI holdings after the Microsoft announcement today? It’s really tempting to take the gains now…

(01-18-2022, 10:41 AM)MrPosadas Wrote: What are y’all doing with your ATVI holdings after the Microsoft announcement today? It’s really tempting to take the gains now…

I sold mine. No need to hold now. I already own MSFT as well. I only had 30 shares anyway at $58.40. I put those proceeds into SPGI and VIG

What I Am Buying Today. - vbin - 01-18-2022

Added more tcehy

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Kerim - 01-18-2022

Haven't pulled the trigger, but strongly considering some TROW. It wasn't a stock I've followed, but I took a closer look after several of you mentioned buying it last week. (Thanks!) It really looks like a solid company. Sort of even a BEN-ier BEN than BEN, if you take my meaning.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-18-2022

UL down big today. Any buyers?

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 10:41 AM)MrPosadas Wrote: What are y’all doing with your ATVI holdings after the Microsoft announcement today? It’s really tempting to take the gains now…
That sounds prudent. It's tied to MSFT now. The breakup fee is high so all you would have is downside risk holding.  Unless you think MSFT is going to soar soon of course.

(01-18-2022, 10:59 AM)Dario33 Wrote: UL down big today.  Any buyers?

Yes, just added UL and TROW. Trimmed some XLE 

UL is the kind of stock I want to own in this environment. Reminds me of HRL when I bought at a $40 a few months back