Dividend Growth Forum
What I Am Buying Today. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: What I Am Buying Today. (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - crimsonghost747 - 01-11-2022

Wise (on the London exchange) had a -10% day yesterday, so I scooped up some at the open today. This can be my speculative investment of the month.
None of my real DGI stocks have taken a beating yet but I'm hoping that I can also do some bargain shopping there sometime soon.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-11-2022

added NUE, SRE and IRM with my dividends.

NKE on my watch list. Looking for $135 to re-enter

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dario33 - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 01:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 12:56 PM)Dario33 Wrote: The only dip I'm tracking is DG based on the latest downgrade news from WF...but it's still higher than my preferred entry point
DG is not a screaming buy here.  I've owned shares since it was well under 200.  I sell covered calls every month just daring it to hit 240.  DG is a good company and I could live with owning it for years more, but they are expanding at a VERY fast rate.  It's easy to screw that up if the economy has a hiccup.  They are battling supply chain too.  They run out of common items for a crazy long time when I can get it elsewhere locally.   Like paper coffee filters for almost two months.  Dog food aisle 95% empty for a week.  Really? I live 15 miles from a Purina factory that isn't closed.    Employees tell me it's pretty ridiculous as well.  Anecdotal yes, but it's all the DG stores near me.  They'll get it fixed.

Good points.  I live in the metro area but once we go 30 minutes out, there are DGs every 10 miles it seems and they are only expanding from here.  I was hopeful we'd see a dip to the 205-210 range...still waiting. LOL

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - fenders53 - 01-11-2022

Lots of interesting facts on this stealth correction. 40 of the Nasdaq 100 stocks were down over 50% as of yesterday. That's pretty rough for an index down well under 10% now. I think I read 70% of the 100 were down a full 20% which is official correction mode.

Good thing we gravitate towards large caps.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 02:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Lots of interesting facts on this stealth correction.  40 of the Nasdaq 100 stocks were down over 50% as of yesterday.   That's pretty rough for an index down well under 10% now.   I think I read 70% of the 100 were down a full 20% which is official correction mode.    

I still have no interest in tech even thought most hit new lows. The sector just doesn't excite me and why deal with all those headaches and high valuations  Smile

If it's not GOOG, FB, TXN, ATVI or QCOM I don't want them lol

DG great company but I wont be adding unless it's get back below $200 again.

(01-11-2022, 02:20 PM)Dario33 Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:28 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 12:56 PM)Dario33 Wrote: The only dip I'm tracking is DG based on the latest downgrade news from WF...but it's still higher than my preferred entry point
DG is not a screaming buy here.  I've owned shares since it was well under 200.  I sell covered calls every month just daring it to hit 240.  DG is a good company and I could live with owning it for years more, but they are expanding at a VERY fast rate.  It's easy to screw that up if the economy has a hiccup.  They are battling supply chain too.  They run out of common items for a crazy long time when I can get it elsewhere locally.   Like paper coffee filters for almost two months.  Dog food aisle 95% empty for a week.  Really? I live 15 miles from a Purina factory that isn't closed.    Employees tell me it's pretty ridiculous as well.  Anecdotal yes, but it's all the DG stores near me.  They'll get it fixed.

Good points.  I live in the metro area but once we go 30 minutes out, there are DGs every 10 miles it seems and they are only expanding from here.  I was hopeful we'd see a dip to the 205-210 range...still waiting. LOL
Buy a few shares.  That will make it drop.   Big Grin  Seriously though I wouldn't be at all surprised to see DG at both 200 and 275 in the next 12 months.  I think 250 might be a better price target after supply chain expenses subside.  The analysts upgrade and downgrade DG and DLTR constantly.

(01-11-2022, 02:44 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 02:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Lots of interesting facts on this stealth correction.  40 of the Nasdaq 100 stocks were down over 50% as of yesterday.   That's pretty rough for an index down well under 10% now.   I think I read 70% of the 100 were down a full 20% which is official correction mode.    

I still have no interest in tech even thought most hit new lows. The sector just doesn't excite me and why deal with all those headaches and high valuations  Smile

If it's not GOOG, FB, TXN, ATVI or QCOM I don't want them lol

DG great company but I wont be adding unless it's get back below $200 again.
I dodged a bullet ditching my high valuation stuff.  Made money every time on SOFI-PLTR etc.  That could have ended bad but I knew holding them would be dangerous at some point.  Same with some non-tech stuff like CHWY and WOOF.  Almost all of my tech outside the QQQ is FB and GOOGL.  I'll hold QQQ forever and be happy I did.  Don't care what it does short-term.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - Dividends from Scratch - 01-11-2022

(01-11-2022, 01:11 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Added STAG today. While you all were selling I was buying lol

I love this company.  .12167  cents every month and great management. I am in for the long haul. This stock will see $55-$60 next year and the monthly dividends are a bonus. This is exactly the kind of company I want to be in for 2022-224
LOL I guess that makes a market! 

I used the proceeds to add some RIO, this thing produces 300M tons of iron ore in Australia for 20$/ton and sells it to the Chinese for 100$/ton.

(01-11-2022, 02:54 PM)Dividends from Scratch Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:11 PM)MrFortune Wrote: Added STAG today. While you all were selling I was buying lol

I love this company.  .12167  cents every month and great management. I am in for the long haul. This stock will see $55-$60 next year and the monthly dividends are a bonus. This is exactly the kind of company I want to be in for 2022-224
LOL I guess that makes a market! 

I used the proceeds to add some RIO, this thing produces 300M tons of iron ore in Australia for 20$/ton and sells it to the Chinese for 100$/ton.
We dumpster dive each other's trash all the time lol.  It's often just about the timing.  I might be happy to dump some dog of a stock that underperformed the market for five years.  Somebody is excited to get some of that deep value, and they just might be right.

And targeting TGT at 200. I'll get some by summer.

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - kblake - 01-12-2022

added TROW, RSG, ORI and DGX

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - divmenow - 01-12-2022

(01-12-2022, 09:43 AM)kblake Wrote: added TROW, RSG, ORI and DGX

Nice adds.

I also added TROW and DGX.  TROW now my 3rd largest holding

Wow don't own but BIIB getting whacked

RE: What I Am Buying Today. - poneyboy - 01-12-2022

Added WFC, TROW, VZ, AWK and NUE With pooled dividends and proceeds from lighting up on my oil names