Dividend Growth Forum
VBIN's oil stock thread. - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: VBIN's oil stock thread. (/showthread.php?tid=1938)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - divmenow - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 03:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Well I can't say I enjoyed this week's oil stock beat down.  Wow, that was harsh.  You would think oil pulled back $20+.  I gave up months of profits if they don't bounce back.

Oil was only down because people were getting margin calls and selling there only winners to buy other names. After all oil is the only sector yo this year lol. I added 9 names in the oil sector today. I have been waiting for a dip. Oil will make money even if they hit $80 a barrel. And there all hedged as well. Not to mention oil thrives in a recession.  Oil will come back and hit new highs.

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - fenders53 - 06-18-2022

(06-17-2022, 04:27 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 03:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Well I can't say I enjoyed this week's oil stock beat down.  Wow, that was harsh.  You would think oil pulled back $20+.  I gave up months of profits if they don't bounce back.

Oil was only down because people were getting margin calls and selling there only winners to buy other names. After all oil is the only sector yo this year lol. I added 9 names in the oil sector today. I have been waiting for a dip. Oil will make money even if they hit $80 a barrel. And there all hedged as well. Not to mention oil thrives in a recession.  Oil will come back and hit new highs.
The commodity will.  Going to be a grind for the stocks.  That  was a helluva hit for a week without that much specific news. $80 oil isn't going to get it done for the stocks.  Fortunately I am not expecting that.  I never was expecting oil bull dreams of 200  this summer to come true either though.  I was thinking 120s for a long time which could still come true.  Some oil stocks are near FEB-MAR prices so some damage was done.

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - rnsmth - 06-24-2022

USA Rig count up 13 this week - per Baker Hughes.

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - fenders53 - 06-25-2022

(06-24-2022, 08:08 PM)rnsmth Wrote: USA Rig count up 13 this week - per Baker Hughes.
Still below 2019.  We will see when it slows.  Slowing economy is my biggest fear for oil.  IMO we didn't get high enough for serious demand destruction, but we are getting there.  Consumers can't tolerate this level of inflation much longer.  Not trying to fear monger oil.  I just wished my crystal ball had warned me oil stocks would get hit this hard.  I would have trimmed.  Smile. They are not at buy and happily hold forever prices now.  There may be exceptions, but mostly not.

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - ConnerM - 06-25-2022

(06-25-2022, 07:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 08:08 PM)rnsmth Wrote: USA Rig count up 13 this week - per Baker Hughes.
Still below 2019.  We will see when it slows.  Slowing economy is my biggest fear for oil.  IMO we didn't get high enough for serious demand destruction, but we are getting there.  Consumers can't tolerate this level of inflation much longer.  Not trying to fear monger oil.  I just wished my crystal ball had warned me oil stocks would get hit this hard.  I would have trimmed.  Smile. They are not at buy and happily hold forever prices now.  There may be exceptions, but mostly not.

Slowing economy isn't good for any stocks. So if you say sell oil then you mine as well sell everything.  Big Grin

Oil to be is the biggest growth and driver going forward. Oil will head to $150 at some point. The only stocks that will be raising numbers will be the oil names.

I'm glad they sold off. I was pretty excited to add some of the best names in the industry on Friday.

I would normally never invest 100% in 1 sector but going forward I don't mind being heavily invested in the sector.

The only reason why the market was up 800 points was because we were in over sold conditions. No oil is in over sold territory and I expect a big rebound next week. That's what happens in a bear market. Numbers still need to lowered and you will see more and more companies warn over the next few months. This is why oil will be the best game in town. 

VLO, EOG, XOM, CVX, DVN and others are way way undervalued now then where they should be. Even of oil drops to $90 they are in great shape. Not to mention they can even lower them at the pump $1 from here and there still printing big money lol . No to mention all these companies pay great dividends. 

Still way to much uncertainty in the market. China, Ukraine, recession, high gas prices, interest rates, slowing growth ect. So you better stick to oil  Big Grin

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - fenders53 - 06-26-2022

I hope so Conner. I expect oil stocks to recover but they took some technical damage. That was a nasty dip just based on sentiment for now. I don't know if the integrateds are way undervalued, but they look attractive. Earnings should be incredible.

VBIN's oil stock thread. - vbin - 06-29-2022

Approx 10M drawdown in inventories. Bought more oxy.

This is going to get interesting.

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - fenders53 - 06-29-2022

(06-29-2022, 12:46 PM)vbin Wrote: Approx 10M drawdown in inventories. Bought more oxy.

This is going to get interesting.
We are in a race with the end of driving season.  Not that it is going to cure it, but I need my oil to go back up. Smile

VBIN's oil stock thread. - vbin - 07-02-2022

Buffet bought more oxy last couple days. Approx $600-700M worth

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - fenders53 - 07-05-2022

(07-02-2022, 08:44 AM)vbin Wrote: Buffet bought more oxy last couple days. Approx $600-700M worth
Seems he was very late again, which seems pretty obvious actually.  I am surprised any still bandwagon his trades.  You beat him to the lows by way over a year. He should be following your oil trades.

VBIN's oil stock thread. - vbin - 07-05-2022

(07-05-2022, 05:34 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 08:44 AM)vbin Wrote: Buffet bought more oxy last couple days. Approx $600-700M worth
Seems he was very late again, which seems pretty obvious actually.  I am surprised any still bandwagon his trades.  You beat him to the lows by way over a year. He should be following your oil trades.

It’s not the same company fenders. Risk profile and outlook has changed. If anything current spr release is setting us up for a trap into higher oil prices next peak season( unless a black swan event).

Bought more oxy and xle today.

RE: VBIN's oil stock thread. - fenders53 - 07-06-2022

I own lots of oil. Wish I could add a little but I would regret it if we in fact have a recession or Ukraine calms down. You still beat Buffett at oil. I'll stop tormenting you lol. I know he has owned CVX for a long time.

I am holding XLE XOP and EOG.