Dividend Growth Forum
The Baseball Thread!!! - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Other Dividend Growth Forum Stuff (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: The Baseball Thread!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1928)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - divmenow - 10-19-2021

(10-19-2021, 10:09 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Scares might be the wrong word.  E-Rod, Eovaldi, and tonight's starter Pivetta are all capable major league starters.  While they may not be lights out, they can hover right around the quality start benchmark of 3 ER / 6 IP, even against good teams.  And right our offense is on fire, so we don't need 1 ER / 7 IP aces.  My concern is who closes in a tight game.

Look I like in Philly and Pivetta did nothing here which is why the Phillies gave up on him. I say the Stros scorch him for 7 runs tonight and he's chased after the 3rd  Big Grin

Don't get me wrong E-rod and Evoldi are ok, but they are all a number 4 or 5 starter on most clubs. They are doing fine now but sooner or later they will implode. None of those starters are top of line guys. Period. But none of that matters right now.  The Astros bats gave up. I don't know. It's almost like they are throwing this series. Maybe Altuve and Correa bet on the Sox  Big Grin

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - fenders53 - 10-19-2021

(10-19-2021, 10:09 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Scares might be the wrong word.  E-Rod, Eovaldi, and tonight's starter Pivetta are all capable major league starters.  While they may not be lights out, they can hover right around the quality start benchmark of 3 ER / 6 IP, even against good teams.  And right our offense is on fire, so we don't need 1 ER / 7 IP aces.  My concern is who closes in a tight game.
That should be your concern because the Stros have a couple proven make it happen in the big game guys.

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - divmenow - 10-19-2021

Huge huge win Stros!! Yeah!! I mean wow

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - ken-do-nim - 10-20-2021

I'm glad I spent the evening watching Poltergeist with my daughter instead.

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - fenders53 - 10-20-2021

Sox need the last game at Fenway. That would make for an exciting end to a good series.

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - divmenow - 10-20-2021

Framber!! What a performance

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - ken-do-nim - 10-20-2021

The Sox offense I was gloating about just went cold the last two games, period.

I'm just hoping game 6 is at least close!

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - fenders53 - 10-20-2021

Allowing 9 runs a game is problematic as well.  This series is over.

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - ken-do-nim - 10-22-2021

(10-20-2021, 07:57 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: The Sox offense I was gloating about just went cold the last two games, period.  

I'm just hoping game 6 is at least close!

The offense is gone!!!  Being no-hit!!

Confused

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - divmenow - 10-22-2021

Yesssss!!! Headed to WS Baby!!!

RE: The Baseball Thread!!! - ken-do-nim - 10-23-2021

(10-22-2021, 10:39 PM)divmenow Wrote: Yesssss!!! Headed to WS Baby!!!

Congrats.  I hope the Astros win!

And I believe we will have many more playoff series ahead of us in the coming years.

The Baseball Thread!!! - dusterdude - 10-24-2021

Braves all the way!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk