Dividend Growth Forum
2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition (/showthread.php?tid=1891)

Pages: 1 2 3

2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - fenders53 - 12-17-2019

2019 contest will wrap up soon.  Last year was fun and I hope everyone will participate.  We'll keep it fairly simple again.  It will run from JAN 1 to DEC 31 2020.

1.  Pick five stocks. Not confined to the US.   
2.  Let's keep the DGI forum theme, but I don't want to be overly limiting so minimum 1.5% dividend yield is OK this year. That will eliminate penny stocks.     
3.  If you wish, one of your five stocks can be an ETF with no dividend rules.  Just something with a ticker we can track with Otter's website.  Add a leveraged ETF or even a hedge ETF if you wish.
4.  Make some attempt at diversification.  We won't get picky but five semi-conductor stocks doesn't qualify, two tech stocks is fine if that's what you want to do..

I'm open to suggestions from others for a few days, then we'll list them up.  I've got a couple 2019 dogs in mind. This is going to be tougher coming off a record market.

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - NilesMike - 12-18-2019

ABBV

OZK

MO

XLF

PRU

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - Otter - 12-18-2019

BTI

DOW

F

GILD

SKT

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - ChadR - 12-18-2019

I need to repeat my DAL performance from 2019.

XOM (keep riding the oil stocks to rock bottom)
CAH
SKT
IRM
PM

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - desidividend - 12-18-2019

MO,
ABBV,
GILD
NVDA
MMM

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - dmonte - 12-18-2019

VZ
UPS
ETN
CMI
PEP

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - fenders53 - 12-19-2019

(12-18-2019, 02:04 PM)ChadR Wrote: I need to repeat my DAL performance from 2019.

CAH
SKT
IRM
PM

Chad gets thrown over the top rope and beat down with a folding chair, climbs back in the ring lol.  Smile  That's how you win this game long-term.  Thanks for playing again.  It's just for fun but it's my goal to be in the top three again, and finish ahead of "Index Otter".  He's my inspiration lol.  

You guys made your picks a day or two earlier than I expected.  That's fine, and it's OK if something happens and you want to make a last minute change as long as it is somewhat close to JAN 1.  I am waiting a few more days to pick.  So far everyone has listed a stock or two I am considering. I'll try to be somewhat original when I pick.  I think my 5th pick will be a smallcap or smallcap ETF.  They are overdue to outperform.

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - Otter - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 06:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 02:04 PM)ChadR Wrote: I need to repeat my DAL performance from 2019.

CAH
SKT
IRM
PM

Chad gets thrown over the top rope and beat down with a folding chair, climbs back in the ring lol.  Smile  That's how you win this game long-term.  Thanks for playing again.  It's just for fun but it's my goal to be in the top three again, and finish ahead of "Index Otter".  He's my inspiration lol.  

You guys made your picks a day or two earlier than I expected.  That's fine, and it's OK if something happens and you want to make a last minute change as long as it is somewhat close to JAN 1.  I am waiting a few more days to pick.  So far everyone has listed a stock or two I am considering. I'll try to be somewhat original when I pick.  I think my 5th pick will be a smallcap or smallcap ETF.  They are overdue to outperform.

Big Grin

BTI's late 2019 rally is really helping my numbers over in the 2019 portfolio grouping. Not enough to overcome what AAPL and RQI did for your fantasy portfolio picks, though. Those have been on a tear. 

Hoping the BTI love continues into 2020. Ford's due a rally once per decade, right?

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - MikeWa - 12-19-2019

ABBV
ENB
EPD
MO
VTR

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - fenders53 - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 10:01 AM)Otter Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 06:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

CAH
SKT
IRM
PM

Big Grin

BTI's late 2019 rally is really helping my numbers over in the 2019 portfolio grouping. Not enough to overcome what AAPL and RQI did for your fantasy portfolio picks, though. Those have been on a tear. 

Hoping the BTI love continues into 2020. Ford's due a rally once per decade, right?

Yeah RQI and AAPL really ran beyond anyone's expectation.  RQI is cooling off and I probably need to ditch it in real life.  I trade it some since it's toppy, but I'll get bit eventually.   I thought most everyone did pretty well in the 2019 contest.     

I do own Ford and like it down here.  It will run up to 11 or 12 someday.  I'd actually be happy if they would just get that debt down so they can go back tho the special dividends.  Some of those were pretty fat.  Automakers are like oil to me though.  If you try to hold them at a high SP you are just begging to give all the money back sooner than you thought possible.  I struggle some with that.  Should I be holding stocks like that at all in a DGI port?  Probably not but the Div sucks me in.

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - divmenow - 12-24-2019

ABBV
BMY
MA
COST
ACN

RE: 2020 Perfect Portfolio Competition - kblake - 12-26-2019

V
CODI
AMGN
MO
INTU