Dividend Growth Forum
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Options Strategies (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? (/showthread.php?tid=1835)

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - Binary - 01-11-2021

(01-09-2021, 12:04 AM)Binary Wrote: GPS 21.5 short call expired now, premium of 48 USD collected. I really want to get rid of my 100 GPS shares, so will sell another call on Monday.

Sold 21.5 strike call expiring on 15.Jan.2021 for 77 USD.

Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - vbin - 01-11-2021

Anyone shorting tesla, nio or any other battery stocks, lol? This run-up is too much.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - fenders53 - 01-11-2021

(01-11-2021, 11:33 AM)vbin Wrote: Anyone shorting tesla, nio or any other battery stocks, lol? This run-up is too much.
Nope.  Shorting cult stocks is hazardous to your portfolio.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - fenders53 - 01-12-2021

Selling some UTE puts today. The threat of higher interest rates will keep them down for while, but IMO rates will not get anywhere near high enough to make UTE div look like a bad income investment a few months from now. If rates do rise that high we have trouble market wide anyway. Sold DUK and XEL puts today. May jump on AEP as well. I already have some open on AEP and XEL because I nibbled in a few weeks too soon like always. These will look better when the market finally gets rattled some day. Sold a new MSFT put as well. I've been trying to get back into MSFT for six months but so far just option premiums collected for my efforts.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - fenders53 - 01-12-2021

Sold an O FEB put strike 55, and a STOR FEB 30 put which is about ATM. Trying to mix it up because I never know where the bottom is. I'd sell another put in both if they continue to drop. A couple REITs I'd like to own again for diversification.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - Binary - 01-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 01:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold an O FEB put strike 55, and a STOR FEB 30 put which is about ATM. Trying to mix it up because I never know where the bottom is.  I'd sell another put in both if they continue to drop.  A couple REITs I'd like to own again for diversification.

Did sell a FEB O put too, but at 52.5 strike.

(01-12-2021, 01:52 PM)Binary Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 01:19 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Sold an O FEB put strike 55, and a STOR FEB 30 put which is about ATM. Trying to mix it up because I never know where the bottom is.  I'd sell another put in both if they continue to drop.  A couple REITs I'd like to own again for diversification.

I wont be amazed if we end up near that strike if the rona hangs on and torments rent collection, which it hasn't for O yet.  I'll roll my put there or sell a new one if the opportunity arises.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - Binary - 01-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 02:17 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I wont be amazed if we end up near that strike if the rona hangs on and torments rent collection, which it hasn't for O yet.  I'll roll my put there or sell a new one if the opportunity arises.

I would probably be happy to buy those 100 shares Smile  I'm a bit underweight in O so that position wouldn't hurt at that price.

(01-12-2021, 02:32 PM)Binary Wrote:

I would probably be happy to buy those 100 shares Smile  I'm a bit underweight in O so that position wouldn't hurt at that price.
I was never interested in O until I found this forum.  I got some during the panic March low when it dropped to around 42.  It ran 20% in a few weeks and I sold it, thinking it was getting ahead of itself during the pandemic.  I've been waiting every since and other than a few way out of the money puts I've had to be very patient.  It's not 2010 anymore and I think we are prudent to take some income and insist on at least a modest discount.  IMO entering O at $60+ might be a sluggish investment for years while they just get back to 2019 financials.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - vbin - 01-12-2021

(01-12-2021, 10:48 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Selling some UTE puts today. The threat of higher interest rates will keep them down for while, but IMO rates will not get anywhere near high enough to make UTE div look like a bad income investment a few months from now. If rates do rise that high we have trouble market wide anyway. Sold DUK and XEL puts today. May jump on AEP as well. I already have some open on AEP and XEL because I nibbled in a few weeks too soon like always. These will look better when the market finally gets rattled some day. Sold a new MSFT put as well. I've been trying to get back into MSFT for six months but so far just option premiums collected for my efforts.
I need to get into some Utes. I only have PCG. Sold out of duke, SO few others a while back. Checked today, they are still where they were. Lol thinking to sell ED and XEL puts tomorrow.

RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - pdaignau - 01-12-2021

I apparently jumped a little too early.  I sold a FEB put for 57.50 last Friday.

(01-12-2021, 07:09 PM)pdaignau Wrote:

I apparently jumped a little too early.  I sold a FEB put for 57.50 last Friday.
See you were supposed to wait 9 months instead of 8 1/2.  This game is harsh.  Smile