Dividend Growth Forum
Hello everyone - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Other Dividend Growth Forum Stuff (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Hello everyone (/showthread.php?tid=1783)

Hello everyone - Sfguard - 08-07-2018

Hi, glad to have found this forum.  Just a littla bit about myself, I am 44 years old, retired military and currently employed with the United States Department of Justice.  I invest my entire retirement every month and have done so for a few years now.
  I am invested in six different funds, fifteen different companies all paying dividends in various sectors, one oil trust, one medical/retirement home reit, and various Federal bonds.  I came here to learn so I will be reading more than posting because I am sure most have forgotten more than I know.  But I will be asking questions along the way.
  Other interests of mine include what most would call the manly arts.  Self defense, firearms, weight lifting, and competing in all of those activities.  (That is what you get with years in the military and then LE.) While I do hope to contribute as I said, I am sure most of you have forgotten more than I know from having read the three books on investing that I did.  IE I know just enough to be dangerous to myself and want to know more.

RE: Hello everyone - Sfguard - 08-07-2018

I was going to edit to add thanks for having me but for some reason the edit button isn't bringing up my post to add that. So, in a attempt to not be rude....Thanks for having me on your forum

RE: Hello everyone - ChadR - 08-07-2018

Welcome to the forum. Which stocks do you own? And you might be surprised how much you will end up contributing to help the rest of us in our pursuits of dividend growth stocks.

RE: Hello everyone - Kerim - 08-07-2018

Welcome to the forum, Sfguard -- glad you found us! It sounds to me like you're off to a more than reasonable start. And we all still have plenty to learn!

(08-07-2018, 08:16 AM)ChadR Wrote: Welcome to the forum.  Which stocks do you own?  And you might be surprised how much you will end up contributing to help the rest of us in our pursuits of dividend growth stocks.

Since you asked...
My 6 funds include:
CLM
NCZ
CIF
INF
ORC
ACP

My stocks are currently:
PFE
GME
NYMT
GMRE
BGS
F
CURR
HBI
AMC
APO
RGR
IVR
T
AMC
HRB
my oil trust is
PER
And my reit is
SNR
My bonds are whatever the federal TSP program buys.

total account values range of course on price per share daily but is $275,000-$300,000.  I have 13 more years I can work before my second retirement that on being mandatory due to age.  I hope to top a million by then.

RE: Hello everyone - ChadR - 08-07-2018

Great start of a portfolio. I think you shouldn't have a problem hitting a million in 13 years. There are a few of your holdings that I don't recognize so I will need to do some research on potential new purchases.

(08-07-2018, 11:19 AM)ChadR Wrote: Great start of a portfolio.  I think you shouldn't have a problem hitting a million in 13 years.  There are a few of your holdings that I don't recognize so I will need to do some research on potential new purchases.

The wife and I are both retired military.  I will retire from the DOJ.  She currently has a resale shop.  I have my investments and she invests in the market too.  Between the two of us I think that beach front house is doable at the end of those 13 years.

RE: Hello everyone - Kerim - 08-07-2018

We'll patiently await our invite!

(08-07-2018, 03:22 PM)Kerim Wrote: We'll patiently await our invite!

I will see what we can do lol

RE: Hello everyone - crimsonghost747 - 08-08-2018

Welcome!
I think that your plan looks more than solid. You are both getting retirement money from the military and on top of that you'll have your DOJ pension... and with $1 mil in investments? Sounds like a good time at the beach front to me!

So keep it up and I'm sure you will get to your goal. Investing is a nice journey too, you learn so much along the way and trust me, with time you'll be passing on that information to others.

RE: Hello everyone - EricL - 08-09-2018

Welcome to the board Sfguard!