Dividend Growth Forum
Bagholding - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Bagholding (/showthread.php?tid=1706)

Bagholding - RyanCMason - 11-21-2017

Thanks to a diversified portfolio of stocks, my portfolio of value and dividend growth stocks have performed well since 2013.  It obviously helps that we have been in an extended bull market and stocks are generally overvalued.  Having said that I've still had my fair share of clunkers the last five years.  Below are my worst. Please share you own examples.

Kinder Morgan -50% and divi cut
ConocoPhillips - 28% and divi cut
General Electric -32% and divi cut
Omega Healthcare - 35% and potential divi cut

Thankfully I have 64 individual stocks, 11 etfs, VWELX and VWINX so my portfolio is up over 100% despite these terrible investments.

RE: Bagholding - Rasec - 11-21-2017

My bottom 10 performers, not factoring in dividends received:

KMI -38.02%
GE-35.65%
GILD -12.43%
OHI -12.32%
TGT -9.61%
WBA -7.67%
HCP -7.13%
VZ -3.20%
T-0.46%
IBM +1.35%

RE: Bagholding - divmenow - 11-22-2017

I don't really have many losers. Most my holdings I have had for a while and my new positions are doing very well this year.

The only 3 that are down are down YTD are the following. But that is not counting in all the dividends.

SKT -0.9%
WBA - 1.6%
WFC - 0.68%

KMI, GE and OHI scare me. May be time to take the loses and put them into some better names. Dividends have been cut and no real growth and are still trading at hefty valuations. Put it all in AAPL lol

RE: Bagholding - Vincenzo - 11-22-2017

(11-21-2017, 01:21 PM)RyanCMason Wrote: Thanks to a diversified portfolio of stocks, my portfolio of value and dividend growth stocks have performed well since 2013.  It obviously helps that we have been in an extended bull market and stocks are generally overvalued.  Having said that I've still had my fair share of clunkers the last five years.  Below are my worst. Please share you own examples.

Thankfully I have 64 individual stocks, 11 etfs, VWELX and VWINX so my portfolio is up over 100% despite these terrible investments.

CVX.  Talk about buying high and selling low.  SMH!

RE: Bagholding - RyanCMason - 11-26-2017

(11-22-2017, 05:38 PM)Vincenzo Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 01:21 PM)RyanCMason Wrote: Thanks to a diversified portfolio of stocks, my portfolio of value and dividend growth stocks have performed well since 2013.  It obviously helps that we have been in an extended bull market and stocks are generally overvalued.  Having said that I've still had my fair share of clunkers the last five years.  Below are my worst. Please share you own examples.

CVX.  Talk about buying high and selling low.  SMH!

Where did I mention CVX?  I'm actually up on my CVX position as added more in late 2015.  I haven't sold any of my positions either so no selling low.

RE: Bagholding - Vincenzo - 11-29-2017

(11-26-2017, 03:52 PM)RyanCMason Wrote: Where did I mention CVX?  I'm actually up on my CVX position as added more in late 2015.  I haven't sold any of my positions either so no selling low.

No, no - due to my terse writing style you misunderstood. My bad. I meant I bought CVX high and sold low.

RE: Bagholding - RyanCMason - 11-30-2017

Thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry to hear that.  I understand why you did as the numbers were terrible a few years ago with CVX but it looks like they are turning things around.  I will probably do some tax lost harvesting on KMI, COP, and OHI to offset some of my long term capital gains and add to existing positions that are at better valuations.