Dividend Growth Forum
4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September (/showthread.php?tid=1693)

4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - EricL - 09-01-2017

We are now getting to the fun time of year when companies start announcing new dividend increases.

Here is a look at four: Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, McDonald's, and Philip Morris, that I am expecting to announce raises in September.

4 Stocks With September Dividend Increases

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - ChadR - 09-01-2017

Very good article. I agree with your predictions on MSFT, MCD, and PM. I don't own Lockheed Martin so I haven't followed it too closely. It will be nice for MCD to get to $1.00 per share for each quarter.

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - EricL - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 08:53 AM)ChadR Wrote: Very good article.  I agree with your predictions on MSFT, MCD, and PM.  I don't own Lockheed Martin so I haven't followed it too closely.  It will be nice for MCD to get to $1.00 per share for each quarter.

Thanks Chad, glad you enjoyed it.

My expectations are tempered a bit with my predictions, but I could see and of MSFT, MCD or LMT raising closer to 10%.

2 weeks until we start finding out!

Have a great weekend!

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - divmenow - 09-01-2017

Thanks Eric. Your the best and thanks for sharing. I just wish LMT would come back down under $190 so I could add lol

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - EricL - 09-01-2017

(09-01-2017, 09:46 AM)divmenow Wrote: Thanks Eric. Your the best and thanks for sharing. I just wish LMT would come back down under $190 so I could add lol

You're welcome, thanks for reading.

I agree that LMT is quite expensive right now, although I doubt you'll see $190 without a recession or a world peace treaty.

The former is much more likely than the latter!

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - divmenow - 09-01-2017

That was a typo lol. I meant $290

BTW does anyone follow HRS? Great little company and just broke out. I just bought today. PE only 18 right now and going out to 2019 only 13.85. That's cheap.

That gives me NOC, BA, RTN and now HRS in the sector.

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - Dividend Watcher - 09-07-2017

(09-01-2017, 01:33 PM)divmenow Wrote: BTW does anyone follow HRS? Great little company and just broke out. I just bought today. PE only 18 right now and going out to 2019 only 13.85. That's cheap.

The CEO stated they're expecting EPS to clock in at $5.85 - $6.05 for FY18. At 122, that gives a P/E ratio of a tad over 20. Not sure where you get 18 from unless it's analyst estimates.

Regardless, HRS has a pretty good niche; secure communications in many different scenarios. Besides the military applications, they are dominant in "first responder" communications in the civilian world.

I trimmed a little when it hit $100 and I'm kicking myself a bit for that. Right now, I consider it overvalued but if you're willing to hold for the long term (read: years), they should provide a decent return. They certainly are investor-focussed with their dividend policy. Don't be scared about the large writeoffs that show up in their financials quite frequently -- they do a lot of research and it often doesn't turn out as expected hence the writeoffs.

RE: 4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September - divmenow - 09-08-2017

(09-07-2017, 11:22 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:33 PM)divmenow Wrote: BTW does anyone follow HRS? Great little company and just broke out. I just bought today. PE only 18 right now and going out to 2019 only 13.85. That's cheap.

The CEO stated they're expecting EPS to clock in at $5.85 - $6.05 for FY18. At 122, that gives a P/E ratio of a tad over 20. Not sure where you get 18 from unless it's analyst estimates.

Regardless, HRS has a pretty good niche; secure communications in many different scenarios. Besides the military applications, they are dominant in "first responder" communications in the civilian world.

I trimmed a little when it hit $100 and I'm kicking myself a bit for that. Right now, I consider it overvalued but if you're willing to hold for the long term (read: years), they should provide a decent return. They certainly are investor-focussed with their dividend policy. Don't be scared about the large writeoffs that show up in their financials quite frequently -- they do a lot of research and it often doesn't turn out as expected hence the writeoffs.
Yes 18 PE is going by analysts estimates. And even at a 20 PE that's not expensive these days in the market. I think the stock can get to $140+ by end of 2018.