Dividend Growth Forum
Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? (/showthread.php?tid=1685)

Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - divmenow - 06-20-2017

If you had to pick 5 stocks to buy between now and the end of 2018 what 5 names would they be? This is based on valuation, growth and dividend.

My top 5 would be JNJ, CNI, BA, MA and UNH

I know its hard to limit it to just 5 lol. But try your best

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - DividendGarden - 06-20-2017

Right now? Would be SJM, GIS, GILD, TGT, & K. I'm not particularly bullish on them, but they are at or near 52 week lows, and my priority is buying things on sale.

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - divmenow - 06-21-2017

AMZN is going to affect everything in the food industry and retail sectors. All those stocks you mentioned are pretty much in the same industry other then GILD. Gild I do like as a rebound. As long as they can make a acquisition and Biotech is on the rebound. If you want to look at things on sale take a look at IBM, VZ, GWW, GE, CVX, or CHRW. This way you spread it out in different sectors and not just 1. Just my opinion which is why I started this board lol

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - Rasec - 06-21-2017

Looking at current valuation, dividends (yield and growth) and long term P/E growth: XOM, QCOM, JNJ, ADM, and a wildcard, NKE.

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - DividendGarden - 06-22-2017

DIS is also down below $105, from $115 two months ago.

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - Rasec - 06-30-2017

(06-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Rasec Wrote: Looking at current valuation, dividends (yield and growth) and long term P/E growth: XOM, QCOM, JNJ, ADM, and a wildcard, NKE.

Seems like the wildcard played out a bit sooner than expected!  Big Grin

Nice pop today. I'm glad I cashed a full position this year.

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - divmenow - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 09:39 AM)Rasec Wrote:
(06-21-2017, 03:12 PM)Rasec Wrote: Looking at current valuation, dividends (yield and growth) and long term P/E growth: XOM, QCOM, JNJ, ADM, and a wildcard, NKE.

NKE was a good buy yes. Me personally didn't think they had a chance to beat earnings but they proved me wrong lol. Now that they are partnering with Amazon this stock could be a home run now going forward. But it;s up a bit too high today to add new money. You got any more wildcard picks Rasec? I'm going to follow your lead from now on haha

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - Rasec - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 10:44 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 09:39 AM)Rasec Wrote:

NKE was a good buy yes. Me personally didn't think they had a chance to beat earnings but they proved me wrong lol. Now that they are partnering with Amazon this stock could be a home run now going forward. But it;s up a bit too high today to add new money. You got any more wildcard picks Rasec? I'm going to follow your lead from now on haha

If I had that much confidence on my own picks, I would have bought a 5X or 10x position instead of a 1x full position   Big Grin .

I like to buy big names with lower than average valuations. Apple was there 7-8 months ago, Nike was there (still kind of is), BAC was there last year... XOM, GE and ADM are there today. They'll go up, I can't tell you when or why, but they will go up someday. 

My magic ball only works half the time though  Tongue

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - EricL - 06-30-2017

CVS is still there now. Although it has moved about 16% off its low, its still trading at a ~15% discount to its normal PE.

Kroger is about 24% below its normal PE as well.

RE: Pick 5 stocks to buy right now??? - divmenow - 06-30-2017

Both good picks Eric. I actually bought WBA A few days ago. I prefer that name over CVS just based on visiting the stores and like them better for prescriptions. But KR cheap now as well as GE, ADM and XOM. I own them all but ADM. But I better buy now before that one goes up $6 too Wink lol