Dividend Growth Forum
Current high yielders - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Current high yielders (/showthread.php?tid=1672)

Pages: 1 2

Current high yielders - crimsonghost747 - 05-08-2017

Any good recommendations for high yielding stocks (5%+) to take a look at right now? I'm doing some basic portfolio maintenance and I'm looking to add one high yielder so my dividend income doesn't suffer too much.

T and BCE are both on the list already, though neither reach the 5% mark but they get close.

RE: Current high yielders - Binary - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 01:02 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Any good recommendations for high yielding stocks (5%+) to take a look at right now? I'm doing some basic portfolio maintenance and I'm looking to add one high yielder so my dividend income doesn't suffer too much.

T and BCE are both on the list already, though neither reach the 5% mark but they get close.

How about OHI and WPC?

RE: Current high yielders - O'Bazooka - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 01:02 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Any good recommendations for high yielding stocks (5%+) to take a look at right now? I'm doing some basic portfolio maintenance and I'm looking to add one high yielder so my dividend income doesn't suffer too much.

Munich Re and Sampo are worth checking

RE: Current high yielders - ChadR - 05-08-2017

DIN and TIS are two small caps over 5%. Ford is also over 5% currently. My personal favorite is OHI, but it's already been mentioned.

RE: Current high yielders - divmenow - 05-08-2017

I listed all the good companies that are currently paying 5% or a more yield. Some on this list are great buys right now.. Good luck

BX, CTL, LVS, MAT, EPD, KSS, OXY, GME, BPL, VGR, RDS.A, RIO, LHO and SEP

RE: Current high yielders - crimsonghost747 - 05-08-2017

Munich Re certainly looks interesting... decent business model and the basic numbers seem to be very much in order, except for the EPS which has a trend I'm not too fond of. And honestly I'd love to have some more companies paying in Euro.

A big thank you to everyone for all the tips so far. I've spotted at least 4 interesting ones that I'll be taking a closer look at.

RE: Current high yielders - EricL - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 09:20 AM)ChadR Wrote: DIN and TIS are two small caps over 5%. Ford is also over 5% currently. My personal favorite is OHI, but it's already been mentioned.

Just an FYI, TIS recently eliminated its dividend so you probably want to take that one off your watch list.

RE: Current high yielders - ChadR - 05-08-2017

EricL, thanks for the heads up on TIS. While on the watch list, I haven't done much research into them since they made the watch list a few years ago. They will be eliminated.

Not sure if you like SureDividend or not, but they have an article today on 5% yielders. http://www.suredividend.com/high-dividend-stocks/

Haven't read the article. Just saw it pop up.

RE: Current high yielders - Binary - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 09:50 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Munich Re certainly looks interesting... decent business model and the basic numbers seem to be very much in order, except for the EPS which has a trend I'm not too fond of.  And honestly I'd love to have some more companies paying in Euro.

A big thank you to everyone for all the tips so far. I've spotted at least 4 interesting ones that I'll be taking a closer look at.

Which 4?

RE: Current high yielders - crimsonghost747 - 05-08-2017

(05-08-2017, 02:18 PM)Binary Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 09:50 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Munich Re certainly looks interesting... decent business model and the basic numbers seem to be very much in order, except for the EPS which has a trend I'm not too fond of.  And honestly I'd love to have some more companies paying in Euro.

Which 4?

I'll almost certainly start a position in OHI.

BX is really hard to understand. I'm still looking into it but right now I'm a little skeptical, seems like the business model is a bit too volatile for my taste, however more research is still required.

Munich Re... the only thing wrong is the stagnant EPS. For me a steadily rising EPS is one of the more important metrics, and they certainly haven't done that in the past 5 years, even with all the repurchases they are making. So I think I'll forget this one for now, but I'll keep an eye to see if this issue gets solved.

While I'm not a big fan of oil companies, RDS will still get a closer look.

Chances are I'll also grab another Canadian bank into the mix, I love owning CIBC but I might want another one there to diversify a little as this position is getting very large. They are yielding around 4% now.

RE: Current high yielders - NilesMike - 05-09-2017

Why not stick to better companies and sell some options to increase your yield?

RE: Current high yielders - crimsonghost747 - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 05:33 AM)NilesMike Wrote: Why not stick to better companies and sell some options to increase your yield?

I'm not exactly comfortable trading options yet... but I'll take a look when I have the time to see if there is a strategy that would fit my needs. I don't have a lot of time to spend on it and I want it to be pretty safe... and of course keeping those two things in mind, I don't expect to make any huge gains. Any strategy that would more or less fit into this train of thought?