Dividend Growth Forum
Shopping List - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Shopping List (/showthread.php?tid=1343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Shopping List - Dividendsrule - 06-15-2016

Great list, DividendGarden.

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 06-16-2016

(06-15-2016, 12:42 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: Great list, DividendGarden.

I keep a master watch list of companies I want to own.  I just scan it when I'm ready to make a purchase to see what's undervalued at the time (relative to the rest of the list).  This way, I only buy good companies, and I only buy companies that are on sale.

RE: Shopping List - Rasec - 06-16-2016

I'm dipping into an asset management company soon, trying to decide between TROW, BEN or BLK. More inclined to TROW right now.

RE: Shopping List - Dividendsrule - 06-16-2016

I like them all...Feel like I missed the boar with BLK unfortunately, was going to buy them at 170 as I recall. I didn't trust them at the time, short record and a lot of government joint venture going on at the time, it seemed to me...Looks like they should do pretty well going forward.

TROW and BEN have a pretty good track record and seem to be adapting to ETFs and such.

RE: Shopping List - EricL - 06-16-2016

AMP is a good one as well.

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 06-17-2016

(06-16-2016, 01:58 PM)EricL Wrote: AMP is a good one as well.

I've owned AMP for many years.  Good company, high DGR%, always buying back shares.  No real complaints about the company.

RE: Shopping List - divmenow - 06-17-2016

This is my new watch list. All represent great value and with high yields
MET, AMGN, GME, CALM, ABBV, GILD, PSX and WFC

RE: Shopping List - Dividendsrule - 06-17-2016

Yep, I like AMP as well. From Divmenow's list I think WFC, GILD, and maybe MET present pretty good value now.

MET has low rates to contend with. But, they have a strong brand. If they can navigate this next decade they should be great.

CALM I won't buy, and with PSX I find it hard to pull the trigger on pure downstream, I like integrateds...But Uncle Warren usually has good reasons when he takes a large position...

Now GME is ballsy. Why won't this company make like Blockbuster Video as more media consumption is digital without the need to visit a store?

RE: Shopping List - divmenow - 06-18-2016

(06-17-2016, 08:26 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: Yep, I like AMP as well. From Divmenow's list I think WFC, GILD, and maybe MET present pretty good value now.

MET has low rates to contend with. But, they have a strong brand. If they can navigate this next decade they should be great.

CALM I won't buy, and with PSX I find it hard to pull the trigger on pure downstream, I like integrateds...But Uncle Warren usually has good reasons when he takes a large position...

Now GME is ballsy. Why won't this company make like Blockbuster Video as more media consumption is digital without the need to visit a store?

Actually GME already started digital downloads on their site. So the process has already begun. This stock will be back over $30. Especially with that Yield at over 5% now. GME shares trade just over 7 times this year’s expected earnings estimate. And have 10% average annual growth rate. That’s value. They are the leaders in the industry and game makers like ATVI, TTWO and EA are at near highs. So the industry of games as a whole are doing very well plus the fact new name game consoles are due out in 2017. So I'm not sure what's not to like LOL

RE: Shopping List - Dividendsrule - 06-18-2016

OK! Thanks for pointing it out Divmenow, I do want a piece of the gaming industry...Earnings have tended to be lumpy last I looked though. Will take a deeper look into GME, thanks for mentioning.

RE: Shopping List - Dividendsrule - 06-18-2016

(06-18-2016, 08:09 AM)Dividendsrule Wrote: OK! Thanks for pointing it out Divmenow, I do want a piece of the gaming industry...Earnings have tended to be lumpy last I looked though. Will take a deeper look into GME, thanks for mentioning.
GME is too risky for me. 

If Sony and EA and MSFT and whoever else decide to cut the middleman when everything is 100% digital (which it will be, its only a matter of time, 5 years +-...GME is 100% screwed.

RE: Shopping List - Rasec - 06-18-2016

Think of blockbuster and all the music shops before buying Game stop!