Dividend Growth Forum
Shopping List - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Shopping List (/showthread.php?tid=1343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Shopping List - Kerim - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 09:31 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 09:18 AM)Kerim Wrote: If today is as down as futures suggest, I'm going to buy something.

What did you walk away with?

Just a little BRK-B. Of all the things I am most excited to buy at these prices, it is the closest to what I'd call a core holding. So it may continue to be my "go to" if prices stay low or go lower.

I'm still very tempted by CMI, EMR, PH, IBM, and BEN. But I'm a little hesitant on the industrials/cyclicals. Though if they go down further, I may not be able to resist. Of that group it leaves IBM, which I may nibble more on to reduce my average price.

Also eyeing HCP and OHI.

Might up my stake in T if it gets a bit lower.

Oh, and you all even have me considering HSY.

Finally, I am always considering more oil. I loaded up pretty heavily a few months ago, but may keep adding slowly.

Would appreciate any input!

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 01-19-2016

(01-18-2016, 12:05 PM)Kerim Wrote: Just a little BRK-B. Of all the things I am most excited to buy at these prices, it is the closest to what I'd call a core holding. So it may continue to be my "go to" if prices stay low or go lower.
I'm still very tempted by CMI, EMR, PH, IBM, and BEN. But I'm a little hesitant on the industrials/cyclicals. Though if they go down further, I may not be able to resist. Of that group it leaves IBM, which I may nibble more on to reduce my average price.
Also eyeing HCP and OHI.
Might up my stake in T if it gets a bit lower.
Oh, and you all even have me considering HSY.
Finally, I am always considering more oil. I loaded up pretty heavily a few months ago, but may keep adding slowly.
Would appreciate any input!

HSY in the low 80's is a good deal.  Higher EPS growth and high DGR.

BRK-B is a core holding for me.  It trades at 5x cash.  That's crazy.  They're probably on a shopping spree right now with that cash.

T (and other high-yield holdings) are good to buy only when they come down, since I don't expect much capital gains from them.  I want to buy more T at $33, though.  Not $34.

RE: Shopping List - Bogart - 01-19-2016

Anyone getting interested in Tiffany (TIF)? It has taken a beating over the last few months. I am thinking about picking some up under $60.

RE: Shopping List - EricL - 01-19-2016

(01-19-2016, 10:07 AM)Bogart Wrote: Anyone getting interested in Tiffany (TIF)? It has taken a beating over the last few months. I am thinking about picking some up under $60.

I think $60 is a fair target. Retail is tough right now as earnings estimates have continued to fall, so I don't know that we've seen the bottom yet in the sector. With earnings estimates around $3.88, a 15 multiple would give a target of $58 on 2015 numbers or $65 on 2016 estimates of $4.32.

TIF isn't one that I follow closely or am interested in buying, but if I had to throw out a number, I'd say the $58-$60 level would be fair based on current estimates.

RE: Shopping List - Bogart - 01-19-2016

(01-19-2016, 10:55 AM)EricL Wrote:
(01-19-2016, 10:07 AM)Bogart Wrote: Anyone getting interested in Tiffany (TIF)? It has taken a beating over the last few months. I am thinking about picking some up under $60.
-------
I think $60 is a fair target. Retail is tough right now as earnings estimates have continued to fall, so I don't know that we've seen the bottom yet in the sector. With earnings estimates around $3.88, a 15 multiple would give a target of $58 on 2015 numbers or $65 on 2016 estimates of $4.32.

TIF isn't one that I follow closely or am interested in buying, but if I had to throw out a number, I'd say the $58-$60 level would be fair based on current estimates.
-------

Thanks for the input. I've never been a big fan of the luxury retail sector but Tiffany's brand name and history is pretty impressive. It's always hard for me to pick a new stock like this in my IRA against something like JNJ, MO, REIT, XOM, BRK-B, etc. 

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 01-19-2016

That's exactly how I feel.  I have a hard time buying non-core holdings instead of KO, JNJ, XOM, BRK.B.

RE: Shopping List - Caversham - 01-19-2016

I do not care much for the retail sector, but if I were to buy a retail company right now, it would be Kohl's (KSS). It doesn't have a long dividend history, but it currently yields 3.7%, has decent fundamental metrics, and is committed to shareholder value.

The biggest risk is obviously the rise of e-commerce and the decline of the retail industry, but KSS is taking steps to address this issue.

It is currently trading around $46-$47 and I think fair value is ~$60.

There are also rumors that KSS is considering going private which could provide nice returns in the near future. Here is a good SA article on this topic: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3814956-kohls-needs-privacy

RE: Shopping List - EricL - 01-20-2016

Here are my thoughts on the companies on the Dividend Champions list.

"Dumpster Diving The 2016 Dividend Champions"

There's starting to be a few good deals out there!

RE: Shopping List - Kerim - 01-20-2016

Holy cow. I just got back to my desk after a morning filled with meetings. S&P down 3 percent. Going to go grab a sandwich and dust off the shopping list!

RE: Shopping List - Rasec - 01-20-2016

Got ADM at $30, a GTC kicked in. Took the opportunity to drop all other open GTCs another $5 each. Right now I feel whatever I'm buying is catching falling knifes so I'd rather just watch.

RE: Shopping List - EricL - 02-02-2016

Some new ideas from the Dividend Contender's List for you discount shoppers!

"Dumpster Diving The 2016 Dividend Contenders"

RE: Shopping List - crimsonghost747 - 02-02-2016

Not a dividend stock.
But what are you guys thinking about Spirit Airlines (SAVE) ?