Dividend Growth Forum
Shopping List - Printable Version

+- Dividend Growth Forum (http://DividendGrowthForum.com)
+-- Forum: Dividend Growth Investing (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Forum: Individual Dividend Growth Stocks (http://DividendGrowthForum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Shopping List (/showthread.php?tid=1343)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Shopping List - Rasec - 09-19-2016

SHW or PPG, HD or LOW, WBA or CVS... Oh so many first world problems/dilemmas...

RE: Shopping List - divmenow - 09-19-2016

(09-19-2016, 10:05 AM)Rasec Wrote: SHW or PPG, HD or LOW, WBA or CVS... Oh so many first world problems/dilemmas...

I love SHW. Hoping for $240. CVS at this price is a steal. But I'm not adding until we see $80. The others on my shopping list are GILD, VZ, OXY, ITW, APD and MO.

RE: Shopping List - benjamen - 09-19-2016

I picked up a second helping of FLO today.

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 09-26-2016

DIS below $92. Wondering how much lower that will go. EPS growth is expected to be over 15% next year.

Also, WFC is down below $45. Wondering how low everyone thinks that will go. I have a smaller position in WFC and am happy to wait for a bargain price, maybe $40.

RE: Shopping List - crimsonghost747 - 09-26-2016

(09-26-2016, 03:26 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Also, WFC is down below $45.  Wondering how low everyone thinks that will go.  I have a smaller position in WFC and am happy to wait for a bargain price, maybe $40.

That is a good question.
I bought some more at a little under $46. I'll pick up a bigger chunk in two weeks if the price is around the current levels or lower. It's one of my smallest positions for the moment so it looks to be a decent time to be adding to it.

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 09-27-2016

(09-26-2016, 08:09 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 03:26 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Also, WFC is down below $45.  Wondering how low everyone thinks that will go.  I have a smaller position in WFC and am happy to wait for a bargain price, maybe $40.

That is a good question.
I bought some more at a little under $46. I'll pick up a bigger chunk in two weeks if the price is around the current levels or lower. It's one of my smallest positions for the moment so it looks to be a decent time to be adding to it.

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to pick up more WFC, but I'll definitely add if it declines substantially.

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 10-17-2016

DIS is down below $91 and is down another 1% after hours because an analyst downgraded them. DIS at $90 seems to be a great deal right now. I've been following it down these past couple months as it's gone from $98 to $95 and now $90.

RE: Shopping List - divmenow - 10-19-2016

Lots of good companies at or new 52 week lows. GILD, NKE, EXR, CVS, CLX, CAH, KMB, PPG, RAI, VOD and RAI. Anyone buying any of these names?

RE: Shopping List - NilesMike - 10-19-2016

Sold puts in WFC $42.00 Strike 21APR17 for $1.55.

If they get put to me, I'll keep them otherwise I will have collected about a year's worth of dividends in 6 months.

RE: Shopping List - EricL - 10-19-2016

I bought more CVS last week and think CAH looks good here as well.

EXR is one I wouldn't mind owning, it's been a great grower and now yields over 4% on the recent pullback.

RAI is also up to a 4% yield, but it appears to still be trading well above historical norms. I think around the 4.5% yield I'd maybe look to add to my position.

RE: Shopping List - DividendGarden - 10-20-2016

Over the past three months, DPS has come down from a 52-week high of over $98 to $87 today, but I'm not sure of any particular reason driving that. Does anyone have an opinion?

RE: Shopping List - EricL - 10-20-2016

(10-20-2016, 03:33 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Over the past three months, DPS has come down from a 52-week high of over $98 to $87 today, but I'm not sure of any particular reason driving that. Does anyone have an opinion?

I think it is simply the case of reversion to the mean. At its peak, DPS was trading for more than 23 times earnings, compared with a historical range of 15-16. Even after its pullback it is trading well above normal valuation levels. This can be seen across many of the "safe" consumer staples that had been bid up in the chase for yield, like MO, RAI, GIS, KMB, CLX, etc.

My guess is its simply a case of a rotation from the safe sectors into some of the beaten down ones like energy and industrials.