Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
On Monday, I initiated quarter-positions in: RY, PPL, MAT, UL and DUK. Chasing yield with MAT but hey, shopping season is here.
I went Christmas shopping for BBL and CVX.

Also, will probably be picking up some more BP today. BBL and CVX were late last week.
Bought some BBL. Wish I could add to CVX but need $$$ Smile
Bought ED, DUK, OXY, AEE, BP. Sold OXY spin off CRC
Added to my OXY position this afternoon. Yields 3.6% and has guided to continued strong dividend growth after spinning off its California operations.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I increased my XOM holdings by 15%

[Image: BSsfF9y.png]
Smile 
Hey guys,

First post here!

I picked up additional COP as well as APPL in the past few days. I also increased my position in VNR.

Its fun when energy goes on sale!

Great forum and I am glad to be a member!

Ray
rockinray, welcome to the forum!

Nice yield point on COP.

Congrats on your first post. It would be nice to introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" thread so we know a little more about you and your goals. Glad you came onboard and looking forward to hearing more from you.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

It's moving day.

My KMI exposure had ballooned to 7% of my portfolio after the KMP transaction closed.

I reduced my position to 5% of my portfolio and added the following:

Initiated 1/2 position in BP
Initiated 1/2 position in BBL
Increased my XOM holdings by 37%
Added to CVX and XOM holdings today. Gotta take advantage of those deals when you see them. I may add to COP if prices continue to fall.
Added more BNS and TD, even though they're both down on oil. TD seems like a cheap way to get exposure to US banking while the US banks are rallying.

Bought 1/2 position in NDSN, a 51-year dividend grower with a high DGR that doesn't get much attention. They report earnings after the close.

Also added to UNP and SAFRY.
CVX, HDLV, KMI, MAIN, MLPL, T.