Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
You're probably not asking seriously but the 3x ETF for UTES is called UTSL.
I think the hedge funds are punishing any growth stock ever mentioned on Reddit as revenge to the GME debacle ???

Yes on the UTES 3x. I bought gold about a month ago when they threw everything but the kitchen sink at it. Growth will come back too. Just have to ride it out for a while. If you have cash handy it will be a good time to dollar cost average in.
Should be an interesting day/ week.

Yes there is a 3X UTE ETF. It trades under the ticker FENDERS. Smile I am about to start trimming UTEs a bit. I got lucky and caught the bottom.

My gold is doing well. Half of that is just because I stuck it out and danced with put sells, rolling them forward half the time. I intend to hold some of it quite a while. Gold might run to $3K or hibernate for years. One of the toughest things ever to time for an actual huge win.

I agree with Divmenow. I am too light growth but it's not time to lose my mind. If I make 20 buys this week, much of it will be little purchases. Some of the crashing specs may just be fine if bought today, but we don't know that and if I lose the ability to add some more when it drops another 15% it's a helpless feeling.
Think I may concentrate on QQQ or VUG some, I'd rather buy some further discounted AMZN-MSFT or GOOGL. If I mistime it adding a couple shares of those will put the ETF concentration where I really want it.

Some tiny solar adds today. I'm all in on the narrative over the course of the next few years, just not with my money yet. My positions are small and need added to as they drop. I wish I could just buy a solar ETF but the famous ones are just loaded up with trash stocks. An ETF that's 30%+ trash but still way up the past year is not a bargain. They'll end up dumping those losers for a loss next year.
I'm sorely tempted not to check the stock market until May 31st Smile
(05-11-2021, 07:37 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm sorely tempted not to check the stock market until May 31st Smile

Just look away and watch baseball for 2 weeks lol. But I have never taken a day off in 30 years not to watch the market  It’s a disease and so far haven’t found a cure ?
It is indeed looking like a blood bath is coming!
All I can say is: FINALLY

I probably won't be buying much today, might nibble on a stock or two with my monthly contribution money. But I'm waiting for way more red before I start throwing extra cash at the market.
(05-11-2021, 07:37 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm sorely tempted not to check the stock market until May 31st Smile
That's not a terrible idea with your current port.  I've been there for sure.  I live for weeks like this one.  Sometimes have to sit on my hands and nibble for months when I wish I was all in.  Some amount of dry powder ALWAYS is the key.  I have a few stocks that are likely to get crushed if they already haven't.  I'll concentrate on what is going to happen in a few months after I nibble into this fear.  This market could turn within days and be all euphoric again, or maybe not.  I might sell a loser but I won't panic and ensure failure for my port.

These times separate those who possess the stomach to own individual stocks, or even some ETFs.  I hope you don't announce ten panic trades you already completed.  Throw the idea up here first and maybe we can help you see next winter instead of later this afternoon.  Seriously.  I know Divemenow and I come off cocky half the time.  We are just entertaining ourselves and trying to stay cool under fire.  Anybody that ever said investing with real money is easy is a liar.   Big Grin
(05-11-2021, 07:54 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: It is indeed looking like a blood bath is coming!
All I can say is: FINALLY

I probably won't be buying much today, might nibble on a stock or two with my monthly contribution money. But I'm waiting for way more red before I start throwing extra cash at the market.
Exactly this. This is nothing remotely close to a severe market.  Just a rotation from the froth that gave us 3-5 years of returns in 2020 with no real justification.  Give it a minute and the safe stuff will be frothy too.  Smile
(05-11-2021, 08:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
That's not a terrible idea with your current port.  I've been there for sure.  I live for weeks like this one.  Sometimes have to sit on my hands and nibble for months when I wish I was all in.  Some amount of dry powder ALWAYS is the key.  I have a few stocks that are likely to get crushed if they already haven't.  I'll concentrate on what is going to happen in a few months after I nibble into this fear.  This market could turn within days and be all euphoric again, or maybe not.  I might sell a loser but I won't panic and ensure failure for my port.

These times separate those who possess the stomach to own individual stocks, or even some ETFs.  I hope you don't announce ten panic trades you already completed.  Throw the idea up here first and maybe we can help you see next winter instead of later this afternoon.  Seriously.  I know Divemenow and I come off cocky half the time.  We are just entertaining ourselves and trying to stay cool under fire.  Anybody that ever said investing with real money is easy is a liar.   Big Grin

Cocky  Big Grin Big Grin  Unlike Cramer... Its my job to entertain.  It's not about giving you tips that will make you money overnight – tips are for waiters  Big Grin

And its also my way to entertain myself. I mean what else can I do. No concerts, no parties, my friends all want to stay in. All I have is you guys in here lol

I will be buying big today. Not going to sit back and not take advantage of some of these names. Tech always comes back. As much as they fall, the rip back up can be just as fast. Eventually they will see new highs again. People love buying opportunities but yet when they get one they just complain lol

I will be buying AVGO, MSFT, APPL ect. The rest they can have and sell them to $0 for all I  care   Cool
Bought ENPH, TDOC, AVGO, APPL, MO, and CRSP.

Told you I would be buying some lol
I also did some buying. I missed tech before and watched it come back. I'm not going to stay on the sidelines again lol. Just small buys

BEAM, ENPH, PXD, AVGO, TDOC, MA, PLTR and VGT