Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I think apple is positioned to do well. They are making some big strategic low risk moves.
Bought a few renewable energy stocks today. One being TRSWF. Pays a monthly dividend as well.
New position in SRE and added to GOOG
CGC and IIPR are on fire. Wow!! Glad I held on lol

I think APHA may run now as well. I just hoped in

Anyone still own any of the cannabis names? I haven't heard any talk on this sector for some time

SRE is a good one kBlake. I have been looking to add to that name. Have it on my watch list
Not much in my buy range still so sold a few puts today. LLY, MO and my current spec VSTO. I need at least a modest pullback for some real buying.

Good move on the GOOG kblake. Hoping the GOV will come after them soon and create a nice opportunity to build a position.
(10-12-2020, 10:41 AM)divmenow Wrote: CGC and IIPR are on fire. Wow!! Glad I held on lol

I think APHA may run now as well. I just hoped in

Anyone still own any of the cannabis names? I haven't heard any talk on this sector for some time
I have 200 CRON, purchased at ~$10.50. Have been selling quertely calls and made 20-30% back on my initial investment but the stock still trades at $6
(10-12-2020, 10:41 AM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone still own any of the cannabis names? I haven't heard any talk on this sector for some time

I'm still hanging onto IIPR with no plans of selling anytime soon.
(10-12-2020, 10:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Not much in my buy range still so sold a few puts today.  LLY, MO and my current spec VSTO.  I need at least a modest pullback for some real buying.  

Good move on the GOOG kblake.  Hoping the GOV will come after them soon and create a nice opportunity to build a position.

LLY is headed toward $200.  Great time to add at these levels even after the run-up. 

I sold some IIPR back at $118 but I still have my original purchase and I’m not selling either.
(10-12-2020, 12:38 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 10:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Not much in my buy range still so sold a few puts today.  LLY, MO and my current spec VSTO.  I need at least a modest pullback for some real buying.  

Good move on the GOOG kblake.  Hoping the GOV will come after them soon and create a nice opportunity to build a position.

LLY is headed toward $200.  Great time to add at these levels even after the run-up. 

I sold some IIPR back at $118 but I still have my original purchase and I’m not selling either.
I have owned LLY before but I am late this time and even took it off my watch list so it would stop taunting me lol.  I am bad about this.  I'll not buy stock X and it runs.  Buy Y and Z instead.  They do pretty good too but I forget about that part.  That water over the dam thing torments me lol.  Smile

I own a lot of pharma/healthcare.  Most of it is not as good as LLY over the next 3-5yr so I need to get some LLY even if I have to trim others.
(10-12-2020, 12:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I have owned LLY before but I am late this time and even took it off my watch list so it would stop taunting me lol.  I am bad about this.  I'll not buy stock X and it runs.  Buy Y and Z instead.  They do pretty good too but I forget about that part.  That water over the dam thing torments me lol.  Smile

I own a lot of pharma/healthcare.  Most of it is not as good as LLY over the next 3-5yr so I need to get some LLY even if I have to trim others.

Your going to miss out. I promise LLY will be good to you. What’s going to torment you more it when the stock continues to run to $200 + lol. Trim others like PFE lol.. Hurry, hurry ?
(10-12-2020, 01:06 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 12:53 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Your going to miss out. I promise LLY will be good to you. What’s going to torment you more it when the stock continues to run to $200 + lol. Trim others like PFE lol.. Hurry, hurry ?
You read my mind.  I sold some PFE covered calls expiring every few weeks and laddering higher.  That's my way of trimming a core position.  LLY is better IMO, and the put premium was over $300 for a strike 150.  Let it drop some and I'll do that again.  Being overweight LLY wouldn't be the stupidest thing I ever did.  Smile No problem keeping some PFE.  It's a decent DGI stock  and it's easy to trade around.  I don't think it will ever be a rock star in my port.  I've owned shares for 25 years so I can't be accused of being impatient lol.
Got rid of some cash that was burning a hole in my pocket this AM. Sold some boring puts in NEM-KO-MO like most every week. Also sold two puts in RTX at strike 58. RTX has been good to me on the income for a dying dog that never goes anywhere. Smile Most of this expires just prior to the election. Trying to sell a put in JNJ but I am asking for too much money so we'll see. That should cause some more lawsuits lol.

Also sold sold a few more covered calls in IP and EXC as they finally ran.

Looking for some new renewables plays but I need a pullback that probably won't come.