Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to GOOG, JWN, HII and took a new position in REGI and BEPC yesterday
Sold out of NEE just below $297. I took the quick $20 pop. I will buy back my shares on a dip back to $280. The stock always gives you an opportunity to get in after a big run-up.

I have been looking at other renewable energy stocks as well.

I recently bought BEPC and BAM. REGI has a bright future as well. But all these stocks have run up in anticipation of a Biden win. They could go much higher no doubt. XEL also a good one

OIL stocks are getting cheap here. I almost want to buy 1000 XOM and sell for a quick pop lol
NEE just surpassed XOM as the most valuable energy company in the world. I didn't see that one coming a few years ago, and I suspect it is permanent. Much of that is utility company distribution revenues, but still. I think I will grab a modest amount of oil company shares when oil prices truly bottom from the current round of pandemic. That event doesn't mean oil stocks are going any lower of course.
I've been waiting patiently for Pelosi to whizz in the lemonade. Maybe a buying opportunity will come. Who knows? I've never seen more random negotiations from our politicians on a time sensitive issue.
Sold aapl put a month out, strike price $107.
(10-08-2020, 02:26 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold aapl put a month out, strike price $107.
I like that trade.

Trimming a few shares here and there again today.  My future buys are going to be epic lol. I am getting cashier when options expire tomorrow.

Also rolled a few puts forward today because I work all day tomorrow and probably cant find time to trade.  Even rolled a few that are out of the money some just to close them out.  I usually stand by for the thrilling conclusion and trade only if necessary lol.  Rolled RDS-T, maybe not done yet.
(10-08-2020, 02:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
I like that trade.

Trimming a few shares here and there again today.  My future buys are going to be epic lol. I am getting cashier when options expire tomorrow.

Also rolled a few puts forward today because I work all day tomorrow and probably cant find time to trade.  Even rolled a few that are out of the money some just to close them out.  I usually stand by for the thrilling conclusion and trade only if necessary lol.  Rolled RDS-T, maybe not done yet.
That's what I did with apple this was expiring next week so rolled it.
Anybody still looking at XLE? Oil is at bottom i feel. Time for rebound? Folks starting to ignore covid as if it doesn't exist anymore.
(10-08-2020, 07:37 PM)vbin Wrote: Anybody still looking at XLE? Oil is at bottom i feel. Time for rebound? Folks starting to ignore covid as if it doesn't exist anymore.

Sure it is.  Get in while you still can.   Big Grin

Seriously though it is due for a rebound.  I just don't trust those who can disrupt it. Prolonged low oil prices are both good and bad for the big oil producing countries that want to control the market.  I am going to play oil but never like I did before.
(10-08-2020, 06:07 PM)vbin Wrote:
I like that trade.

Trimming a few shares here and there again today.  My future buys are going to be epic lol.  I am getting cashier when options expire tomorrow.

Stocks volatile enough to have a good premium work very well when you need to roll, as long as they aren't way deep in the money.  I love it when I am fortunate enough to walk my entry down 10%, then get assigned at the bottom and sell a call after it bounces a few bucks.  If only it always went like this lol.
(10-08-2020, 07:56 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 06:07 PM)vbin Wrote:
I like that trade.

Trimming a few shares here and there again today.  My future buys are going to be epic lol.  I am getting cashier when options expire tomorrow.

Stocks volatile enough to have a good premium work very well when you need to roll, as long as they aren't way deep in the money.  I love it when I am fortunate enough to walk my entry down 10%, then get assigned at the bottom and sell a call after it bounces a few bucks.  If only it always went like this lol.
Play with what you want in your portfolio. I have been forced out or in a couple of times but that 1 in a hundred trade.
Bought an AAPL call spread Nov 121.25/127.5 for $180

Looking for good news next week with earnings to follow.