Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-30-2020, 11:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added NEE at $267. 50 this morning

Also added a little NEE. Missed the low so at 275.
Added some NEE this AM.
Bought some JWN. I have been out of the name since $38. I went to mall this weekend and the store was packed. Every Time I saw a person walk by me in the mall they have a bag from Nordstrom lol

I think this is a good turnaround story. They are the #5 best retailer for on-line sales. This is a long term hold so I have the patience to wait. And if they ever decide to take it private look out Smile
(10-01-2020, 11:49 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some JWN. I have been out of the name since $38. I went to mall this weekend and the store was packed. Every Time I saw a person walk by me in the mall they have a bag from Nordstrom lol

I think this is a good turnaround story. They are the #5 best retailer for on-line sales. This is a long term hold so I have the patience to wait. And if they ever decide to take it private look out Smile

I like JWN here as well. Lets hope it goes up just like BBBY

Anyone get in on the GDRX ipo? I'm watching it to get in below $50
Bought PLTR. Anyone who has insight into big data know this is not an easy problem to deal with plus they have long term very reliable contracts from govt and law enforcement. If anything govts all over the world will spend more money on what these guys are doing. Plus companies investing in big data and profiling solutions big time. They have to if they want to stay relevant.

PLTR interviews are harder than FANG. I know folks who joined PLTR leaving behind offers from google, msft and what not.
XLE $29, Lol.
(10-01-2020, 01:53 PM)vbin Wrote: XLE $29, Lol.
I stopped looking at my RDS.b a few weeks ago lol.  Wake me up when my puts are ten bucks in the money lol.  Think I'll just roll them forward two years and be done with it lol.  

Bought a few puts back for cheap yesterday.  Sitting on some cash.  Good deals are hard to find again.  Sold a TLT put as I'm not hedged much.
(10-02-2020, 05:10 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Bought a few puts back for cheap yesterday.  Sitting on some cash.  Good deals are hard to find again.  Sold a TLT put as I'm not hedged much.

Might be able to buy the TLT puts back today for a nice gain!
(10-02-2020, 06:27 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 05:10 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Might be able to buy the TLT puts back today for a nice gain!
Most likely.  I am getting better at playing this market chop. I think the market is going to have trouble running in the same direction much more than a few days, for the next few months anyway.  I am trying to grab a few TLT puts everytime equities run for a few days, then usually get a chance to close them within a week.  Gold and silver has worked too, but not as well as it pulls back with equities initially, at least lately it has.
Added a little XOM (playing with fire Smile) and MSFT.
Added some XLE in a retirement account. I have a put at $29 expiring today. I plan to take it if it gets assigned.
(10-02-2020, 11:11 AM)vbin Wrote: Added some XLE in a retirement account. I have a put at $29 expiring today. I plan to take it if it gets assigned.

Who wouldn't?  It can't possibly go any lower. Smile

On the morning dip sold a strike 56 RTX that expires next week IIRC. I've been selling RTX puts down here most every week for awhile. IMO it's finding support short of a big market correction. I'm OK with the alternative long term if I am wrong. S-T still looks bleak though. Have a lot of cash so maybe next week provides an opportunity. Trying not to rush this. First week in a while I couldn't redeploy expired options money.