Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to my GILD position.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added 20 IBM as it dipped below $141
Started a position in WMT w/90 shares when it reached MS 5 star level.

Ronn
Yeah, IBM and WMT looking pretty good here...I'm nibbling.
Bought T and EMR to ACD and bring them to full positions.
More AGU

more T and KMI
(10-22-2015, 02:02 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: more T and KMI

I looked at KMI yesterday as well, decided to go with EMR instead, but might go there again soon!

Also, almost pulled the trigger on 3M yesterday and now it's 4% higher while EMR is only 3% higher... bummer Big Grin
It looks we're entering a new bubble... Google up 7%, Amazon roughly same, MSFT +10%... all reaching all time highs. Every other sector pretty much in the green, terrible day for shopping.
I don't believe a bubble but most prices are very fully or overvalued. There are some pockets but right now my purse is closed. If I didn't have more than I already should have, I'd take a look at ABBV with this knockdown although it looks like Mr. Market is having second thoughts on the selloff.

ETA: Well I'll be damned! After the VP news yesterday, ABBV is up over 4% as I write this and GILD has barely budged. Go figure. Sad
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I bought ABBV at around 48 two days ago right before market close. I was frantically googling revenues for Viekera and I'm happy with ABBV's 27 other products, the somewhat diversified revenues (Humira going off patent is a little scary), & the purchase of Pharmacyclics shows that they're trying.
Plus, the people who unfortunately died taking the Viekera were pretty sick to begin with.
Added to my Ventas (VTR) position
More BNS