Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(05-27-2020, 05:55 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 10:57 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 10:28 AM)divmenow Wrote: added EOG, XOM and MO

I am now at full positions on EOG and XOM
How did you do in INO?  I see it had a pretty nice run.  Choppy of course, but these are spec biotechs so that is normal.

Doing well. I had been in an average of $5.80 and sold some a week ago over $15. I'm still in the name and am basically just letting the profits ride lol.
I used to buy quite a few biotechs when I was young.  They are exciting to follow, but unfortunately the only thing most of them ever sold was shares of stock.  I wish I new a little more about medicine.  Didn't stop me from buying a few more shares of BMY yesterday.  Smile  That position is almost full.
(05-28-2020, 08:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

How did you do in INO?  I see it had a pretty nice run.  Choppy of course, but these are spec biotechs so that is normal.

Doing well. I had been in an average of $5.80 and sold some a week ago over $15. I'm still in the name and am basically just letting the profits ride lol.
I used to buy quite a few biotechs when I was young.  They are exciting to follow, but unfortunately the only thing most of them ever sold was shares of stock.  I wish I new a little more about medicine.  Didn't stop me from buying a few more shares of BMY yesterday.  Smile  That position is almost full.
Oh I love bio-techs. It's the one sector I spend most of my time reading about. I'm all about pipelines and studies.  In my sons account I own 12 biotechs because he's only 7 and has plenty of time for these stock to appreciate. Most name are up at least 25% some over 125%. Its the one sector if you know what your doing can make a lot on money on. These are the kind of specs you want to be in. Bios do well in any environment. And I would much rather own Bios over airlines or banks any day right now lol 

I added 2 names today in the space. Bought FATE and IOVA 

One did a offering and it was good news and have been looking for an entry point. I love both names for the short and long term. 

Don't go by me Fenders but you should really look into to some of these and others in the space. There fun to watch!!
(05-28-2020, 10:42 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Oh I love bio-techs. It's the one sector I spend most of my time reading about. I'm all about pipelines and studies.  In my sons account I own 12 biotechs because he's only 7 and has plenty of time for these stock to appreciate. Most name are up at least 25% some over 125%. Its the one sector if you know what your doing can make a lot on money on. These are the kind of specs you want to be in. Bios do well in any environment. And I would much rather own Bios over airlines or banks any day right now lol 

One did a offering and it was good news and have been looking for an entry point. I love both names for the short and long term. 

Don't go by me Fenders but you should really look into to some of these and others in the space. There fun to watch!!
I need to get into this space. All I have is AMGN. Maybe you can list like 10 names you like and I will pick 2-3 out of of those to buy. I don't have the time to research 200 names lol
(05-28-2020, 12:17 PM)kblake Wrote: I need to get into this space. All I have is AMGN. Maybe you can list like 10 names you like and I will pick 2-3 out of of those to buy. I don't have the time to research 200 names lol

I don't know about the speculative biotech, but on my healthcare watch list for DGI, here are the pharma-related stocks I most like.

ABBV, AMGN, BMY, LLY, MRK, ZTS
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
kblake Wrote:
I need to get into this space. All I have is AMGN. Maybe you can list like 10 names you like and I will pick 2-3 out of of those to buy. I don't have the time to research 200 names lol

Here's my list Kblake

INCY, INO, NVAX, IOVA, FATE, AGIO, MDGL, TGTX, HOLX and BTAI (Names I own)

Watch list CEMI, TBIO, SGMO, NARI, CRPB and INVA (no positions yet)

And Eric is correct with his list. Those are all solid names you can count on. I pwn all those names as well. I just added to MRK and BMY the other day

The reason why I like bios is because they can do well even of there earnings are in the red. Its about future products and getting drugs on fast track. I have done thousand of hours on research.
Sold out of my ROST and opened a new position in DG with a portion of the proceeds.

Remainder added to my positions in NEE and FLO to bring them closer to full-weight ahead of next week's ex-divs.

Had a tough time selling ROST as I believe in the long-term prospects of the company, but in the end I felt sticking to my goal of 10% income growth was important.

DG had absolute blowout earnings this morning, and I think it will continue to do well going forward.
(05-28-2020, 02:53 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ROST and opened a new position in DG with a portion of the proceeds.

Remainder added to my positions in NEE and FLO to bring them closer to full-weight ahead of next week's ex-divs.

Had a tough time selling ROST as I believe in the long-term prospects of the company, but in the end I felt sticking to my goal of 10% income growth was important.

DG had absolute blowout earnings this morning, and I think it will continue to do well going forward.

I'm sure that was a tough decision on ROST Eric. The stocks has held up very well. I'm holding my shares as well as TJX. Stores are starting to open in certain states and from what I'm hearing are packed. Them suspending the dividend is temporary and will bring it back soon. Maybe 2 quarters. These are the kind of stores that will do well in any environment. Once all the stores have to liquidate all their merchandise who do you think will benefit from that? ROST and TJX. Their dividend was peanuts anyway of .285. I don't own because of the dividend. I own it because women love to shop there and and they benefit in tough and good times. The stock will go up with or without the dividend. 

But I do like your DG and NEE buys. Too great companies you don't have to worry about. 

TGT, ROST, DG, TJX and COST are companies I own in this space. The est I don't even bother with  Big Grin
(05-28-2020, 10:42 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I think it would be more appropriate for me to buy an ETF if I want to play with biotech.  I have grounded myself from much spec until my account has fully recovered.  When I have a need for a thrill I like to play with more complicated options.  I have complete control of my maximum loss up front.  I prefer to do it on the short-side.  I do very little hedging and this serves as a small hedge if the market blows up while I am playing.
(05-28-2020, 01:16 PM)EricL Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:17 PM)kblake Wrote: I need to get into this space. All I have is AMGN. Maybe you can list like 10 names you like and I will pick 2-3 out of of those to buy. I don't have the time to research 200 names lol

I don't know about the speculative biotech, but on my healthcare watch list for DGI, here are the pharma-related stocks I most like.

ABBV, AMGN, BMY, LLY, MRK, ZTS
When the price is right I guess my med rankings are.

BMY-JNJ-LLY-MDT-MRK

I have a large position in PFE but I'm not at all in love with it.  Sold LLY and most of my ABT when valuations got out of hand.  MDT will be back when elective surgeries start back up.  That is actually going to subdue most of the big boys at least another quarter IMO.  Of course they may run up for no reason though lol.

AMZN is probably my best retailer ever but I am out for now.  I'll revisit the sector in a few quarters if valuation is right.  I can live without retail until it makes sense.
(05-28-2020, 01:52 PM)divmenow Wrote: kblake Wrote:

Here's my list Kblake

INCY, INO, NVAX, IOVA, FATE, AGIO, MDGL, TGTX, HOLX and BTAI  (Names I own)

Watch list CEMI, TBIO, SGMO, NARI, CRPB and INVA (no positions yet)

And Eric is correct with his list. Those are all solid names you can count on. I pwn all those names as well. I just added to MRK and BMY the other day

The reason why I like bios is because they can do well even of there earnings are in the red. Its about future products and getting drugs on fast track. I  have done thousand of hours on research.
Thanks I appreciate it. I researched them. Even the ones you don't own look good as far as pipelines. I like them all but cant buy them all lol. I did some buying this morning.

BA, SPG, DG, AFL, IOVA, HOLX and AMGN
(05-28-2020, 02:53 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ROST and opened a new position in DG with a portion of the proceeds.

DG up 3.6% today after yesterday's sell-off. So far it look like I timed that trade pretty well.
Added to GD and AFL this morning.