Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Going to be an interesting week. A third of my port reports earnings. Oil "rally" is returning to reality.
Took a new position in AXP. I have been watching it for a while and it's come down enough for me to enter.
(04-27-2020, 08:59 AM)stockguru Wrote: Took a new position in AXP. I have been watching it for a while and it's come down enough for me to enter.
I see the analysts are busy on AXP today.  An under perform, a buy and an overweight lol.  There will be plenty of this if the companies all pull earnings guidance.  I guess the good news is the confusion will create some long-term buying opportunities now and then.

I can't find anything to buy (or sell) today.  I am counting on the major earnings reports making the week a little choppy.  We'll see.
(04-27-2020, 09:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 08:59 AM)stockguru Wrote: Took a new position in AXP. I have been watching it for a while and it's come down enough for me to enter.
I see the analysts are busy on AXP today.  An under perform, a buy and an overweight lol.  There will be plenty of this if the companies all pull earnings guidance.  I guess the good news is the confusion will create some long-term buying opportunities now and then.

I can't find anything to buy (or sell) today.  I am counting on the major earnings reports making the week a little choppy.  We'll see.

You should have bough SPG, FRT and TGT on friday. All up big today!
Bought some C, FRT and new positions in INO and ABBV

C looks veary cheap at these levels. Been out a favor for a while now. Just the kind of companies I like to buy
(04-27-2020, 11:39 AM)kblake Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 09:28 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

You should have bough SPG, FRT and TGT on friday. All up big today!
Already own TGT, have open options in FRT and other good REITs.  No interest in SPG. I did most of my buying 5000 market points ago. I'm waiting for deals on stocks I care to own 5 years at this point. I'll continue to be patient.
Bought some GS, C, EXC, CB, LIN and DAL and still I have 65% cash left lol

Hoping for some more bargains down the road
Added to CZNC & IVZ.
(04-27-2020, 01:19 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added to CZNC & IVZ.

INV looks tempting here. Did they cut the dividend or no?
(04-27-2020, 01:22 PM)kblake Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:19 PM)ChadR Wrote: Added to CZNC & IVZ.

INV looks tempting here. Did they cut the dividend or no?

Never mind I see they cut the dividend in half to 15.5 cents. Still a nice payout at these levels under $8
(04-27-2020, 01:07 PM)kblake Wrote: Bought some GS, C, EXC, CB, LIN and DAL and still I have 65% cash left lol

Slow down, you're running the market up again today lol.  Most of the big players report earnings the next few weeks.  It won't all be pretty and you'll get some chances to deploy cash.  That's not a prediction what the market will do but some of these stocks are running up on hopium that isn't coming real soon.
(04-27-2020, 02:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:07 PM)kblake Wrote: Bought some GS, C, EXC, CB, LIN and DAL and still I have 65% cash left lol

Slow down, you're running the market up again today lol.  Most of the big players report earnings the next few weeks.  It won't all be pretty and you'll get some chances to deploy cash.  That's not a prediction what the market will do but some of these stocks are running up on hopium that isn't coming real soon.
Just shorted my beloved CBRL via options.  I'll spare you the details here but if it runs much above $101 in the next week or so I start to lose.  Just a hedge on my long port.