Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to RTN, LMT, CBRL, CAT, HON, OLN. It was nuts trying to figure out what to buy n the open dip. Not that their won't possibly be another at the close.

I very rarely days trade but I saw MMM spike at the open and couldn;t resist. Clicked on the link and saw a press release that said mask sales are good. Sold all my shares and shorted it for 20 minutes. I'll start buying my shares back later today. I do believe in 3M but masks might be .1% of their revenue?

In my euphoria I accidentally bought a JNJ APR 145 call. I meant to just close my covered call because the hedge is mostly gone now. I'll meditate on what to do with that. I was thinking about adding some JNJ anyway but I never go long in options because it is generally a sucker bet if you do it enough.
(02-28-2020, 10:23 AM)Kerim Wrote: Added XOM and opened a new small position in DIS.

DIS has my attention Kerim.  I will likely follow your lead. It's pretty safe down here.   A few park closings for a couple months doesn't justify a 20%+ SP drop for long.
(02-28-2020, 10:23 AM)Kerim Wrote: Added XOM and opened a new small position in DIS.

DIS has my attention Kerim.  I will likely follow your lead. It's pretty safe down here.   A few park closings for a couple months doesn't justify a 20%+ SP drop for long.  

I'm sure everyone here is sick of listening to me bash oil.  If you just can't resist, nothing but majors.  You'll get destroyed on any small players if oil hits $40 which is far from an outrageous thought.  When I say destroyed, I mean like lose 80% of your investment in just a few months.  Even the second tier players are leveraged and risky as hell.  It's happened to me too many times.
HON, LHX, AMGN for me. Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi5aW1GdUU
(02-28-2020, 11:06 AM)NilesMike Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYi5aW1GdUU

Yeah well today I'm undefeated day trading the stock you were hyping two days ago so you can just find some sand to pound Mike.  LMAO

Big Grin
Just added small amounts of ABT and MDT. Started a small position in DIS. Strongly considering flipping some of my junk stocks for quality if I can find a good stock down close enough to the same. Quality usually rebounds 2X faster when the fear subsides.
added MA, V, MSFT, SPY. Want to add PSA but it is very strong.
Added DIS, MSFT, F, JPM, AVGO.
Swapped OXY for BP (Sold OXY and Purchased BP)

MSFT and F are new(er) positions starting earlier in the week. I'm done with F for now.
DIS, JPM, and AVGO are stocks I already own and am adding a few extra shares to each.
(02-28-2020, 12:33 PM)pdaignau Wrote: Added DIS, MSFT, F, JPM, AVGO.
Swapped OXY for BP (Sold OXY and Purchased BP)

MSFT and F are new(er) positions starting earlier in the week. I'm done with F for now.
DIS, JPM, and AVGO are stocks I already own and am adding a few extra shares to each.

Not that you have to answer to me, but I highly approve of those rough market decisions.  DIS, JPM and MSFT you can hold forever.  I'm not familiar with AVGO.  F may be in for a rough ride but they will pay that div as long as they possibly can.  They always have and they dodged BK during the GFC when the other US manufacturers didn't.  (I own a small position in F)  BP has a good balance sheet and OXY is highly leveraged to shale.  The higher OXY div means nothing if oil drops any farther.  OXY is more than in deep trouble even if oil doesn't drop.  Who knows where the bottom is for BP but it will be well north of zero, and you can wait out the recovery with dividends.  Only the real majors offer that luxury.  It's an important difference.
Better to be lucky than good.
I bought SPY 296 calls around 2pm hoping for a surge to finish the week. They were going up then down then down some more and I walked away. Luckily I had put an order to close on just in case it went my way. Popped in and looked around 2:45, total loser, oh well.

Took a look a minute ago and saw the futures finished green-WTH? Looked and my close order got filled and made some nice $$
May we all get lucky every once in a while.
I missed the close but saw there were some stocks that ended green today. That was a brutal week. Fastest trip to -10% ever I guess. I certainly don't expect a V bottom but I think I am sure hoping for a few weeks of sideways. I don't know what the total US stock market cap is, but 10% gone in just a few days is a whole lot of paper losses.